British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolverhampton. El Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg 21/9/16

I believe tomorrow is going to be a very exciting meeting with loads of great races. The result is completely unpredictable. Anything could happen from a Poole win, a Wolves win and anything between. Can't wait.

Be there early!

A draw then......... :drink:

This match can go either way, just as our semi v lakeside can go either way, but poole fans are scared stiff of wolves. They were desperate for swindon to beat Belle vue so that swindon got through and the Aces theb decided to take wolves rather than swindon again.

Pity they ain't riding the bikes in that case :D

I believe tomorrow is going to be a very exciting meeting with loads of great races. The result is completely unpredictable. Anything could happen from a Poole win, a Wolves win and anything between. Can't wait.

Be there early!

We will be making a very rare trip along the coast for this one. :lol:

Hopefully Poole can take around a 10pt lead to Monmore.

Up the Pirates! :t:

• Like 1

Arrggh, really hard to make a prediction. We have the ability to win by 12-14 points, but also could be as close as 4 points.

Care to tell us why you do not have access to the track on a Wednesday night then ? The real reason, not some load of junk.

We have never had access to the track on a Wednesday, it isn't one of our race nights.

Why?

I have no idea.

Can Poole race any night at Wimborne then? ?

It isn't 'junk' that Wednesday isn't an alternative race night for wolves . It's a fact.

The reasons why Wednesday isn't available are known by the management and the stadium owners and it might be interesting to find out those reasons (I suspect they keep more days free for 'other' events or for Ladbrokes purposes).

However as far as THIS Wednesday it isn't available. I doubt it's some evil plan concocted to mess with Poole's heads.

Just a passing thought - if the EL go for Weds/Thursday as the EL race night(s) in future years, what would Wolves do?

I don't have any issue with the choice of home/away legs - just interested!

I guess we would find out if that ever becomes a possibility!

Strange because at Monmore last Monday, they announced at least 20 times that the next home meeting would be either Wednesday 21st or Monday 26th. What changed in the few days after, who knows?

Doubt there's a huge conspiracy, since whenever Wolves have had the choice in the Playoffs they've almost always chosen to ride at home first.

More likely that both promoters decided that it would be better for them to run on their normal race night.

Edited by CB252

A lot of twit for tat on this thread and I can't see that Gavan in sight. Has he decided to leave Steve Shovlar alone or just the complete forum?

Regardless of the antics, looking forward to this one.

I will say Poole win the home leg scoring just over 50 but it could easily go the other way. Two strong sides and hopefully plenty of passing.

A lot of twit for tat on this thread and I can't see that Gavan in sight. Has he decided to leave Steve Shovlar alone or just the complete forum?

No i just think he's gone quiet, in the hope that people will forget about him and his boatrace let thing die down. Then he'l be back. Clearly he'l think everybody has a short memory... :rofl:

We have never had access to the track on a Wednesday, it isn't one of our race nights.

Why?

I have no idea.

Can Poole race any night at Wimborne then? ?

Any night bar Tuesday night saturday night and sunday.. Dogs. Hope that helps.. But you don't know why you cannot have access, and nobody else on here does either.. :rofl: classic..

We will be making a very rare trip along the coast for this one. :lol:

Hopefully Poole can take around a 10pt lead to Monmore.

Up the Pirates! :t:

Hope your right Bob...

Any night bar Tuesday night saturday night and sunday.. Dogs. Hope that helps.. But you don't know why you cannot have access, and nobody else on here does either.. :rofl: classic..

Yes we do know why, I've already told you.

Wednesday night isn't an off race night for Wolves, Tuesday is. It's really that simple. I doubt Wolves have permission to use the track on any other night than the 2 permitted. It's really not that important.

Maybe Wolves asked for permission and were told no.

Anyway, it's irrelevant. Both clubs race on their ACTUAL nights. Completely the right thing to do.

The final is a completely different animal for picking home or away first.

• Like 2

Yes we do know why, I've already told you.

Wednesday night isn't an off race night for Wolves, Tuesday is. It's really that simple. I doubt Wolves have permission to use the track on any other night than the 2 permitted. It's really not that important.

Maybe Wolves asked for permission and were told no.

Anyway, it's irrelevant. Both clubs race on their ACTUAL nights. Completely the right thing to do.

The final is a completely different animal for picking home or away first.

Its like trying to explain things to infants mate he really doesnt have a clue !!

• Like 1