British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolverhampton. El Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg 21/9/16

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening at the stadium last night and just watched the SKY coverage this morning.

On the 2 incidents of 'hard riding', imo Holder did lift and went wider than he intended but didn't touch Freddie. Similarly, although from my grandstand seat I thought the Howarth move on Ellis was particularly bad - having watched it on TV I'm not so sure. OK he left Adam little room but didn't touch him and was in front.

On the 'angry' Freddie issue, maybe he'd just heard in the pits the possibility of who Poole might use as a guest on Monday??!! ;-)

PS. All that watch on TV keep going on about how pro-Poole Nigel Pearson is, but I didn't realise Danny King was so 'anti-Poole'?!

Clearly brought in to give a bit of balance!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Not sure he would of kept Holder at bay for four laps the form he is in.

Maybe not... but Holder would have had to have worked hard for it.. which he didn't have to do in his passes last night. It's easy to be 'in form' when riders move over for you!

As said, first two laps when the line he wanted wasn't available he was making no impression.

12 points lead is much more than we expected to get but the boys dug deep to get that. Is it enough? Hard to say. But if we go out to Wolves at least we can say we battled to the end and if we come up short we went out to a better team.

If you can't defend a 12 point lead you don't deserve to be in the final.

Poole's to lose without question.

Managed to catch up on the action this morning. Poole riders more switched on and using home advantage well. Wolves riders seemed to struggle defending whilst leading.

8-10 points I thought was the maximum we could allow Poole to take on the night so 12 points I feel will be to much, particularly if we hit them hard from the off and allow an early double pointer that they have in their back pocket.

Decent meeting overall.

I still can't believe how so focussed on fawning over Holder in that final race, Pearson twice told the viewers Holder had mad a perfect start, when Freddie was 2 or 3 bike lengths clear coming off the first bend.

If you can't defend a 12 point lead you don't deserve to be in the final.

Poole's to lose without question.

Managed to catch up on the action this morning. Poole riders more switched on and using home advantage well. Wolves riders seemed to struggle defending whilst leading.

8-10 points I thought was the maximum we could allow Poole to take on the night so 12 points I feel will be to much, particularly if we hit them hard from the off and allow an early double pointer that they have in their back pocket.

Decent meeting overall.

I don't think the T/S should be allowed in the p/offs, wolves are penalised now for keeping it close for 4/5 of the match.

• Like 1

I don't think the T/S should be allowed in the p/offs, wolves are penalised now for keeping it close for 4/5 of the match.

Hopefully there will be no tactical switches needed at Wolves.

Hopefully there will be no tactical switches needed at Wolves.

Hopefully not, the best team winning over 30 heats, with no tactical bollox, the T/s is fine for league meetings, but IMO not for two legged match.

• Like 1

Hopefully not, the best team winning over 30 heats, with no tactical bollox, the T/s is fine for league meetings, but IMO not for two legged match.

The tac is there for us to use if needed. Wolves get ten up we use it straight away. Just hecause Wolves didn't use it dorsn't mean we don't have to. The perks of defending the first leg lead.

The tac is there for us to use if needed. Wolves get ten up we use it straight away. Just hecause Wolves didn't use it dorsn't mean we don't have to. The perks of defending the first leg lead.

I'm fully aware of that, that's why I said IMO............. :t:

• Like 2

I think Wolves can claw those 12 points back, the 2nd leg will go to the wire.

I doubt it myself. As soon as Poole are 10 behind they will use a tactical.

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening at the stadium last night and just watched the SKY coverage this morning.

On the 2 incidents of 'hard riding', imo Holder did lift and went wider than he intended but didn't touch Freddie. Similarly, although from my grandstand seat I thought the Howarth move on Ellis was particularly bad - having watched it on TV I'm not so sure. OK he left Adam little room but didn't touch him and was in front.

On the 'angry' Freddie issue, maybe he'd just heard in the pits the possibility of who Poole might use as a guest on Monday??!! ;-)

PS. All that watch on TV keep going on about how pro-Poole Nigel Pearson is, but I didn't realise Danny King was so 'anti-Poole'?!

Clearly brought in to give a bit of balance!!!

Yes, didn't King say something like 'unfortunately Poole got a 5-1' about heat 13. Cheeky sod! :D

Wolves couldnt use the tactical as they didnt get far enough behind, same could happen to Poole so they may not get a tactical ride to defend the lead.