British Speedway Forum

Unless the PL and CL is amalgamated and certain riders excluded from it (GP) the fixture farce will not improve.

We need continuity of meetings to retain club support and show stadia owners that there is a future in league racing

otherwise it will wither and die very quickly.

• Like 1

Unless the PL and CL is amalgamated and certain riders excluded from it (GP) the fixture farce will not improve.

We need continuity of meetings to retain club support and show stadia owners that there is a future in league racing

otherwise it will wither and die very quickly.

The problem isn't GP riders, it's riders being in more than one British league.

What a joke this sport is change after change to win at all costs, and the funniest thing is how Rosco doesn't know what the averages are why.?

Rosco doesn't know what the averages will be becuase we haven't had all the meetings yet.

• Like 2

What a joke this sport is change after change to win at all costs, and the funniest thing is how Rosco doesn't know what the averages are why.?

what is a joke about changing your side so that you win .speedway is a sport Not a charity

what is a joke about changing your side so that you win .speedway is a sport Not a charity

You were the one moaning and groaning about Grondal right? and that was the right move.My take is how can riders perform when they know there could be willy nilly changes every five minutes.If he makes a change Rosco why say something before the fifteen v Rye House and NO you are WRONG not everything is about winning.My first priority would be to get the racing better at the Abbey and to produce more entertainment for the crowd which lets be honest apart from a handfull of races this season has been average at best.Also Orion would you rather have a team that we can identify with or a team who make regular changes.?

The problem isn't GP riders, it's riders being in more than one British league.

Rosco doesn't know what the averages will be becuase we haven't had all the meetings yet.

Does the averages come out on the fifteen v Rye House? surely within reason he would of identified his targets already. Edited by Sidney the robin

Does the averages come out on the fifteen v Rye House? surely within reason he would of identified his targets already.

And if he has any sense he would have calculated each riders average based on the meetings to date so at least he has a good indication of what the trend is.

• Like 1

And if he has any sense he would have calculated each riders average based on the meetings to date so at least he has a good indication of what the trend is.

I would guess he has been doing that - or at least someone has.

The thing is, maybe he was going on Adam Ellis on a 3 average and the guy goes and scored 7 at King's Lynn so nothing can be certain.

After his superb start to the season Nick has signed for Stal Rzeszow in the Polish 1st division. Hopefully he gets a decent run in their side & good luck to him.

• Like 3

You were the one moaning and groaning about Grondal right? and that was the right move.My take is how can riders perform when they know there could be willy nilly changes every five minutes.If he makes a change Rosco why say something before the fifteen v Rye House and NO you are WRONG not everything is about winning.My first priority would be to get the racing better at the Abbey and to produce more entertainment for the crowd which lets be honest apart from a handfull of races this season has been average at best.Also Orion would you rather have a team that we can identify with or a team who make regular changes.?

Does the averages come out on the fifteen v Rye House? surely within reason he would of identified his targets already.

Common sense is that if are going to make changes the idea is to make your team stronger ..Quite clearly removing Grondal has make us weaker and cost us at least 4 or 5 points already ... the team at the moment is not strong enough so changes will have to be made unless you want the crowds to drop and put the club in danger of closing .

Agree with racing being poor but having a losing team will have a greater effect on the crowd than want the racing is like ...the answer to your last question is that I want a winning team no matter how we go about it ..no good having seven riders that you can identified with if they get beat every week .

I've had a go at the averages - using Speedway Updates and my own possible shortcomings! It should be correct give or take a point or ride here and there!

Doyle - 107/43 x 4 = 9.95

Morris - 98/44 x 4 = 8.91

Bellego - 72/39 x 4 = 7.38

Gappmaier - (assessed?) 4.00 (or would this be based on PL average?)

Zak - 31/38 x 4 = 3.65

Ellis - 32/36 x 4 = 3.56

Wilson-Dean - 20/28 x 4 = 2.86

Total = 40.31

Going on these figures (open to correction), there is a big danger that Zak will move up into the top 5 after the next meeting, which must put BWD's poistion in doubt. Also interesting that it's Ellis who has been getting flak online but he's nearly a point above Bradley.

At the moment we are 1.69 short of 42, which isn't much.

I've had a go at the averages - using Speedway Updates and my own possible shortcomings! It should be correct give or take a point or ride here and there!

Doyle - 107/43 x 4 = 9.95

Morris - 98/44 x 4 = 8.91

Bellego - 72/39 x 4 = 7.38

Gappmaier - (assessed?) 4.00 (or would this be based on PL average?)

Zak - 31/38 x 4 = 3.65

Ellis - 32/36 x 4 = 3.56

Wilson-Dean - 20/28 x 4 = 2.86

Total = 40.31

Going on these figures (open to correction), there is a big danger that Zak will move up into the top 5 after the next meeting, which must put BWD's poistion in doubt. Also interesting that it's Ellis who has been getting flak online but he's nearly a point above Bradley.

At the moment we are 1.69 short of 42, which isn't much.

Am I correct in thinking that the most recent away meetings at Wolves & Kings Lynn won't count towards the next set of averages.....it will be based on 4h & 4a only?

Am I correct in thinking that the most recent away meetings at Wolves & Kings Lynn won't count towards the next set of averages.....it will be based on 4h & 4a only?

Pretty sure they will, although not 100% certain.

I think it's just 4h 4a as the point when the new averages take effect, but all matches are counted.

A more likely change would be Tungate for Gappmaier if it fits, but Adam needs to get a decent score next time out and get above Zak. The "Ellis at reserve is a good thing" theory looks out the window, though. No use having Zak in the top 5 as he won't score there.

• Like 2

They won't, they will use the first 4 home & away meeting's to calc the new averages I believe. This will be the same for all sides otherwise you may have an imbalance.

But this is the BSPA & after the complete cock up with the starting averages who knows.....

Pretty sure they will, although not 100% certain.

I think it's just 4h 4a as the point when the new averages take effect, but all matches are counted.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

They won't, they will use the first 4 home & away meeting's to calc the new averages I believe. This will be the same for all sides otherwise you may have an imbalance.

But this is the BSPA & after the complete cock up with the starting averages who knows.....

I must say this is not something that had occurred to me but let's see.

Common sense is that if are going to make changes the idea is to make your team stronger ..Quite clearly removing Grondal has make us weaker and cost us at least 4 or 5 points already ... the team at the moment is not strong enough so changes will have to be made unless you want the crowds to drop and put the club in danger of closing .Agree with racing being poor but having a losing team will have a greater effect on the crowd than want the racing is like ...the answer to your last question is that I want a winning team no matter how we go about it ..no good having seven riders that you can identified with if they get beat every week .

I think you are so wrong about this winning thing,of course it helps but a few people i know who did use to go regular dont go everyweek now because of the entertainment aspect.You dont mind putting a with a poor nights entertainment as long as your team wins that is strange to me WIN everyweek but watch crap racing does that makes sense.?