British Speedway Forum

Thought it from the first news that we would be getting a new stadium...I'll only ever be totally convinced once I'm in the stands at the new abbey, watching a race meeting. After years of good news, bad news, unknowns, confusion, contradictions and unanswered questions, I'm still of the same opinion years later and supposedly 6 months away from it being completed.

• Like 1

Swindon Robins are on the new Swindon Monopoly edition I got at Chrimbo so Monopoly must know the goings on up on Blunsdon Hill.

• Like 1

Swindon Robins are on the new Swindon Monopoly edition I got at Chrimbo so Monopoly must know the goings on up on Blunsdon Hill.

Are they the old kent road space ?

• Like 1

Are they the old kent road space ?

No a bit further round the board the purple ones with the Town and Wildcats. Arkells Brewery and the dog's are the 60 quid Brown ones.

Thought it from the first news that we would be getting a new stadium...I'll only ever be totally convinced once I'm in the stands at the new abbey, watching a race meeting. After years of good news, bad news, unknowns, confusion, contradictions and unanswered questions, I'm still of the same opinion years later and supposedly 6 months away from it being completed.

As a Belle vue fan at the momment i am still of the same opinion having stood and watched a full seasons racing in a new stadium :sad: .

Has the build started ?, are there any photo's ?

This is the last seen on Dec 8th

CzKo1UEWQAEPEnW.jpg

Bit of a harsh safety fence. :lol:

• Like 3

No sign of any workmen with cups of tea in there hand with a fag hanging out of there mouths.😆I bet they are all foreign😅😅can't get the workers now but you can get plenty of shirkers.😆

No sign of any workmen with cups of tea in there hand with a fag hanging out of there mouths.I bet they are all foreigncan't get the workers now but you can get plenty of shirkers.

Well if the workmen finish up with a stadium like other foreign workers in Torun built, I don't suppose there will be too many complaints ;)

Edited by KevH
  • Like 2

No sign of any workmen with cups of tea in there hand with a fag hanging out of there mouths.😆I bet they are all foreign😅😅can't get the workers now but you can get plenty of shirkers.😆

Knowing Conlon groundworkers they are probably spending more time in Sainsbury's cafe eating the cooked breaky than anything else! Can't do everything mate lol

Well if the workmen finish up with a stadium like other foreign workers in Torun built, I don't suppose there will be too many complaints ;)

If all clubs in GB had huge bank balances i'm sure our stadiums would be just as good.I'm afraid though you get what you pay for.So don't expect to much.But at least it will be new.

So basically in the last month the workmen have done about half a days work, looking at that.

This is the last seen on Dec 8th

CzKo1UEWQAEPEnW.jpg

Bend 123 or 4 ? :lol:

Bend 123 or 4 ? :lol:

The picture is of the southern end of the site so I would think 1 or 2.