British Speedway Forum

You are maybe thinking of the ex Plymouth version Bowden?! The Swindon version has always been ok as far as I know.

read what the football fans think of him Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

read what the football fans think of him

Ah fair enough. A fair few of my mates support Town and have never slated him so assumed it was the wrong Bowden.

I have no idea what you are on about & I'm a Town fan. I did a quick search & he was meant to be involved in 2007. I've drank too much since then to even recall his involvement.

read what the football fans think of him

Edited by hyabb17

might not need to demolish the existing stadium its pretty close to falling down

A bit like the Poole stand which must be a health & safety risk?.

Aren't Stadia UK looking to redesign Poole Stadium next, so they should be keeping a close eye on what is happening here.

I would not be surprised mate if the Abbey is demolished in September if so who is accountable?.By the way mate are you going to the Darcy meeting on the 24th.?

Not planning to mate can't even get up for the season as it is!

Which stand,as we have two more than Swindon at the moment

Well actually you are incorrect as we also technically have 2 at the moment! Duh

Swindon have one stand & who would want to watch speedway sat down anyway unless you are 70 plus in years.

Swindon have one stand & who would want to watch speedway sat down anyway unless you are 70 plus in years.

In that case maybe your new track will be ok after all, so much easier without messy proper facilities for older people, like stands, seats etc. ,maybe just keep the infamous toilets?

There are plenty in the 40-50+ age group that have dodgy joints or other health issues that require them to be able to sit down.

I'm not aware of too many other sports/entertainment venues where you cannot get a seat if that is your choice!! Even speedway riders get the chance to sit down between heats!!

I even sit down in a lap-dancing venue!! :D:shock::wink:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

There are plenty in the 40-50+ age group that have dodgy joints or other health issues that require them to be able to sit down.

I'm not aware of too many other sports/entertainment venues where you cannot get a seat if that is your choice!! Even speedway riders get the chance to sit down between heats!!

You may be sitting at a lap dancing venue for reasons other than your joints, it could be a muscle issue or too much blood going to another part of your body!

When i go a football match there are seats but if you didn't stand you wouldn't see anything.

• Like 2

Is that the one where they wheel you out afterwards? Must be the one I have frequented!! ;)

But at least you have the choice, FB!!!!

ps I thought speedway was supposed to get your blood pumping!!

Edited by Skidder1

Don't forget the luxurious back straight stand mate??!