British Speedway Forum

Rumours the day following Coventry's news that Sky have now dropped out of the deal.

Who can blame them. The sport is a shambles.

Its heartbreaking to watch this slow demise of this once great sport.

• Like 5

Don't think that Sky will drop out of coverage of Speedway as Poole are still running and they will show them every other week as they have for the last few seasons.

• Like 1

Swindon have one stand & who would want to watch speedway sat down anyway unless you are 70 plus in years.

Seating is hardly a new thing is it three quarters of the the old Hyde road stadium was seated.I never stood up to watch speedway until we moved to Kirky lane.Guess what stadium i prefered even as a teenager/young man.

Swindon have one stand & who would want to watch speedway sat down anyway unless you are 70 plus in years.

You mean that Swindon has the only fans in the country who aren't 70+ ??? :party::rofl:

• Like 1

I am not in the business of spreading misinformation. It was just my opinion, gained from the little information that seemed definite about Swindon ever riding in a new stadium ( surrounded by houses - I just can't see that in a modern development ). If someone has confirmation the the new Swindon stadium will be finished ( and when) I will be cheering along with many others. It's the uncertainty that concerns me.

There has been a lot of uncertainty this closed season - will Leicester run? Now we know it will. Coventry confirmed as riding but then that hope finally being extinguished and now possibly gone for ever. No news from Sky seems to have turned into NO Sky coverage. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility ( until we hear otherwise ) that Swindon could slip from use as a speedway venue. Just exploring maybes, gleaned from postings on here and in the SS. Is that not what a forum is for? Or is for the 10 or 12 dominate ones feffling and blinding at each other over curious feuds, far from what the majority of posters know anything about. Those posters don't seem to want any "conversation" about what is going on.

Who can blame them. The sport is a shambles.

Its heartbreaking to watch this slow demise of this once great sport.

It's not so slow, it seem to have really speeded up over the last few months. If the Gerhadt engines proves no something riders don't really want and don't take up as new engines, that will be another costly dead end ( have they been bought by the BSPA and how many? ) Can they be sold back to Gerhadt? If the about to be launched, marketing initiative is damp squib there will be no more bums on seat or feet on terraces in 2107. The demise then will be a rolling stone / avalanche.

• Like 1

I am not in the business of spreading misinformation. It was just my opinion, gained from the little information that seemed definite about Swindon ever riding in a new stadium ( surrounded by houses - I just can't see that in a modern development ). If someone has confirmation the the new Swindon stadium will be finished ( and when) I will be cheering along with many others. It's the uncertainty that concerns me.

There has been a lot of uncertainty this closed season - will Leicester run? Now we know it will. Coventry confirmed as riding but then that hope finally being extinguished and now possibly gone for ever. No news from Sky seems to have turned into NO Sky coverage. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility ( until we hear otherwise ) that Swindon could slip from use as a speedway venue. Just exploring maybes, gleaned from postings on here and in the SS. Is that not what a forum is for? Or is for the 10 or 12 dominate ones feffling and blinding at each other over curious feuds, far from what the majority of posters know anything about. Those posters don't seem to want any "conversation" about what is going on.

It's not so slow, it seem to have really speeded up over the last few months. If the Gerhadt engines proves no something riders don't really want and don't take up as new engines, that will be another costly dead end ( have they been bought by the BSPA and how many? ) Can they be sold back to Gerhadt? If the about to be launched, marketing initiative is damp squib there will be no more bums on seat or feet on terraces in 2107. The demise then will be a rolling stone / avalanche.

And the bad news is......?????

Swindon Wildcats now overtaken the Robins attendances, extra seating at the ice linkrink means they are getting capacity 1300-1400 crowds, after getting 8/900 a few years ago, great rapport between players and fans, and cheaper to watch than speedway.It's a real family sport, attracting many youngsters.

The Blunsdon club should be looking at how the ice hockey team are successfully promoting themselves, and get the fans and local community more involved and going to watch speedway, now number 3 sport in the area. Perhaps some Robins fans have switched their allegiance to the Wildcats, with crowds falling. We need that new stadium.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

You mean that Swindon has the only fans in the country who aren't 70+ ??? :party::rofl:

I have never seen anyone under 60 at Wimbourne Rd, except the other half & a few dogs!

I have never seen anyone under 60 at Wimbourne Rd, except the other half & a few dogs!

You should open your eyes more often then you might see some decent racing too. Plenty of youngsters at Poole and its Wimborne Road.
  • Like 6

Bob's son Lee Kilby now Commercial Manager and team manager for The Sprockets. Carpets 4 Less new sponsors taking over from M&S Van Rentals.

• Like 1

Bob's son Lee Kilby now Commercial Manager and team manager for The Sprockets. Carpets 4 Less new sponsors taking over from M&S Van Rentals.

hopefully thats not forward planning so that they have somewhere to sweep news of the new stadium....
  • Like 1

How's the building work on the super new Swindon Speedway Stadium coming along?

Look mate plenty of us in and around Swindon are pissed off enough as it is without outsiders taking the rise so cut the sarcasm if that's quite ok??
  • Like 7

Drove past the Abbey today & all to see was a very large puddle.

Why can't they just admit it won't be ready till 2018 as we ain't as stupid as they think we are.

As Blackadder once said ... we have advanced no further than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping

Edited by orion
  • Like 2