British Speedway Forum

Drove past the Abbey today & all to see was a very large puddle.

Why can't they just admit it won't be ready till 2018 as we ain't as stupid as they think we are.

As Blackadder once said ... we have advanced no further than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping

I wonder if the management will be having a fans forum before April

Edited by A ORLOV

It's all f******g bulls excrement but as long as the rose tints are kept happy then that's all that matters

I wonder if the management will be having a fans forum before April

Well we have more management than fans at the moment! Not to mention a few hangers on
  • Like 2

I went to Swindon last season to see the wolves, took 3 mates with me who were new to Speedway, after the meeting all 3 said who the hell would buy a new house next to a Speedway Track, answer No one. The new statium will not be built, Coventry this year Swindon next year.

• Like 1

I went to Swindon last season to see the wolves, took 3 mates with me who were new to Speedway, after the meeting all 3 said who the hell would buy a new house next to a Speedway Track, answer No one. The new statium will not be built, Coventry this year Swindon next year.

Think you are on the money!

been posted on a greyhound forum that glass has been seen looking at oxford greyhound stadium ,i'd be really worried if I was a Swindon fan

Can people actually believe that the Swindon fans have been lied to for so long.I fear the worst to be honest i just hope the old stadium is still up in September no bulldozer in sight.

Can people actually believe that the Swindon fans have been lied to for so long.I fear the worst to be honest i just hope the old stadium is still up in September no bulldozer in sight.

I have my doubts the new stadium will ever see the light of day but if it just a delay and it will be built at some point why don't they just say and be honest with people , it's now march and nothing has been done except a wall of which that could be a wall to a housing estate , I feel so sorry for the fans of Swindon speedway , that not knowing if your team has a new track or even a future or not , the growth of the houses around the track is a major worry also ,if they came out and said the track isn't being built they would be subject to all sorts of pressure and obstacles , keeping quiet means nobody can object or start campaigns until it is too late because the new residents will have a voice and the government will back them

I'd be happy to live next door to speedway track and I'd guess plenty of other fans would be too.

I have my doubts the new stadium will ever see the light of day but if it just a delay and it will be built at some point why don't they just say and be honest with people , it's now march and nothing has been done except a wall of which that could be a wall to a housing estate , I feel so sorry for the fans of Swindon speedway , that not knowing if your team has a new track or even a future or not , the growth of the houses around the track is a major worry also ,if they came out and said the track isn't being built they would be subject to all sorts of pressure and obstacles , keeping quiet means nobody can object or start campaigns until it is too late because the new residents will have a voice and the government will back them

Dean is it in the Deeds from 1949 that a sporting facility must stay there forever or is it a myth.? We shall see come September i know it seems mad but if speedway continues there they will still sell all those houses.

Many thought our new stadium wouldnt happen but it did, yes there have been problems in the first year of operating but hopefully we can now push on. If it did one thing it was to prove how difficult it is to bring this type of project to a conclusion. We saw with reading how plans can fall apart, in Swindons case like the NSS i believe they will get a new stadium, the council down there seems to be supportive of speedway, as for houses near the track we have housing close by so dont think that would put a stop to the plans. And anyone buying would know there is a speedway track nearby similar to people who buy houses near airports, railway lines etc. Many at BV started to think it wouldnt happen it did, it will happen in Swindon too. Look forward to visiting on April 6th the Abbey has plenty of memories.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

been posted on a greyhound forum that glass has been seen looking at oxford greyhound stadium ,i'd be really worried if I was a Swindon fan

With yesterday's Oxford Mail article that there is a group seeking to set up a 'Social Enterprise' with Oxford Council for Speedway and Greyhounds to return to Oxford Stadium, then I guess its no surprise to learn that Bill Glass might be looking at the Oxford facility, no matter what may happen at Blunsdon in the future!!

Many thought our new stadium wouldnt happen but it did, yes there have been problems in the first year of operating but hopefully we can now push on. If it did one thing it was to prove how difficult it is to bring this type of project to a conclusion. We saw with reading how plans can fall apart, in Swindons case like the NSS i believe they will get a new stadium, the council down there seems to be supportive of speedway, as for houses near the track we have housing close by so dont think that would put a stop to the plans. And anyone buying would know there is a speedway track nearby similar to people who buy houses near airports, railway lines etc. Many at BV started to think it wouldnt happen it did, it will happen in Swindon too. Look forward to visiting on April 6th the Abbey has plenty of memories.

Don't be misled by Swindon Borough Council....

Although people who don't follow speedway think it's a noisy dirty sport in reality it's not, the dust is nothing like it used to be and as for noise you can barely hear the bikes when there at the other end of the track

Don't be misled by Swindon Borough Council....

Oh right, its just I got the impression they were right behind the continuation of speedway in Swindon.

Oh right, its just I got the impression they were right behind the continuation of speedway in Swindon.

Only if it suits them. They have not got a clue what they are doing re other issues in the town so I would not trust them re their assurances about speedway or getting the developers to stick to what we have all been told.

• Like 2