British Speedway Forum

Dont think Morra or Batch have been the same riders since their mate Darce suffered those terrible injuries.

I did wonder if Morra might have gone elsewhere this year as he did not improve much last year, maybe a year away might have helped him.

To be honest that I'd Doyleys weakness was for Swindon last year , Sedg suffered more than some but guess you can't have it all with every top rider, think Holder similar

I posted the same about Jason not being a team rider and looking after his team mate which will not help on fri in the pairs. He is very good but not a team rider like L Adams was who could slow down the opposition and allow his partner, even a second string rider come through.

Edited by A ORLOV

I did wonder if Morra might have gone elsewhere this year as he did not improve much last year, maybe a year away might have helped him.

I posted the same about Jason not being a team rider and looking after his team mate which will not help on fri in the pairs. He is very good but not a team rider like L Adams was who could slow down the opposition and allow his partner, even a second string rider come through.

LA and Darky two of the best team riders I've seen in recent era
  • Like 4

Darcy was a wonderful team rider. The best we've had in recent times.

It's true about Jason. Even if he is behind a second string rider on a 5-1 he will overtake.

I hope he does team ride this year as he could make mincemeat of most of this league.

• Like 2

much safer not to team ride,and the super mark loram very often said team riding when you were on a 5-1 wasnt always the best option

Adams with Ruud/J.Wright as( ex) was a brilliant team rider awesome.P.Crump another one a superb team rider Darcy well for his age was a one/off team rider.Watched alot of matches with Shocker last year and we both moaned when Sedgy had gated had done the hard work and Jason would steam by and leave Sedgy vulnerable.I am not knocking Doyley as we are all big fans of his i just hope he looks a bit more for his partner this year.

• Like 3

Riders should always look to team ride, it's what the fans want to see and a skill in itself.

• Like 1

Have a feeling Doyley will be doing plenty of 'team riding' early stages of the season and not wanting to pass his partner , bonus points don't count towards the average if you get my drift just a hunch

• Like 3

Adams with Ruud/J.Wright as( ex) was a brilliant team rider awesome.P.Crump another one a superb team rider Darcy well for his age was a one/off team rider.Watched alot of matches with Shocker last year and we both moaned when Sedgy had gated had done the hard work and Jason would steam by and leave Sedgy vulnerable.I am not knocking Doyley as we are all big fans of his i just hope he looks a bit more for his partner this year.

His team riding with Lee Richardson and latterly Matej Zagar was in my opinion even better Sid. Leigh ensured Travis McGowan's bank account looked a little better by team riding him through to many heat advantages too. Such a skill, especially as McGowan's machinery seemed as sluggish as Ronnie Russell's tractor.

Such a shame Doyley doesn't seem to do it. We shall see if that changes this Friday.

• Like 4

His team riding with Lee Richardson and latterly Matej Zagar was in my opinion even better Sid. Leigh ensured Travis McGowan's bank account looked a little better by team riding him through to many heat advantages too. Such a skill, especially as McGowan's machinery seemed as sluggish as Ronnie Russell's tractor.

Such a shame Doyley doesn't seem to do it. We shall see if that changes this Friday.

Agree, he would also slow down the opposition so that Cory Gathercole could come through on bend two of the first lap and sometimes stay with him for the rest of the race.

That brand new Robin logo looks scary, theyre asking the kiddies to name it. I would go with Mad Robbie, Rockin Robin, or Rampant Rosco!

Gates open to fans 5.00 today for practice session.

That brand new Robin logo looks scary, theyre asking the kiddies to name it. I would go with Mad Robbie, Rockin Robin, or Rampant Rosco!

Gates open to fans 5.00 today for practice session.

It seems that the logo to be named is just the mascot, they are still using what looks like a swallow on the race suits.

Is the mascot suit for Rosco ?

• Like 2

Colin Pratt in Speedway Star says U21 final has been reallocated away from Swindon to another (as yet undecided) U K venue.

Good to meet Orlovsky and have spin in his Lambo afterwards around car park,a shrewd investor. Never seen such a big crowd for a practice session, at least 200 cars in car park.