British Speedway Forum

Might not pay itself back next season but hopefully Ellis will show some loyalty to Swindon in future and they'll have a top GB rider.

Great signing and with Rosco as boss this should help him on international scene. Apart from Lambert UK's best shot at GP rider. I imagine Morris will come in. I think Rosco has got some European riders on the way. With some low scores. You might do a Poole get Dudek on a 4. Hahhahah.

But great respect to Swindon. We let Ellis down

At least we are building top down. I can see some very poor riders making up the numbers next year's league, so it isn't a huge problem bring top heavy.

Rosco isn't stupid. He's been in this game long enough.

He gets the arguably the best rider in the World at no 1 even if it does mean less options further down. That in itself brings punter thru the door and insures plenty of points in that slot. At least 5 rides and maybe 6 if they go 10 points down under the new rules.

I think he may add Morris and then go for young riders with potential.

As I have said on other posts. The league is not won in the first few months. Hang on in there in the top 4 if possible and give the fans an entertaining team with a proven star. Hopefully some of the younger riders will improve and let's not forget that many teams will also have weaker lower orders so I see plenty of points up for grabs even for young less experienced riders.

These are difficult times which we have to accept and the main thing is to get good speedway with clever rider management being key plus investment in our own UK and overseas younger riders.

Doyle

Porsing

Ellis

Busk Jacobsen

Morris

Grondal (Branford or Campton)

2.31 NL rider

Doyle apart, I don't that team would make last seasons PL play-offs!

The goalposts have been moved, so you can't judge anything in either league on last season.

• Like 1

But with Doyle in it would have won them?

As I said on the Poole thread I had no doubt Ellis would get offers. I think Matt Ford will regret letting Holder and Ellis go.

As I said on the Poole thread I had no doubt Ellis would get offers. I think Matt Ford will regret letting Holder and Ellis go.

With those two "woz J.Holder,Kurtz, Newman and two others god they would of been hard to beat at home like most years.

How do you know that ?when you dont even know who the other five riders are?.

Why would have to know who the other 5 riders are to know that Ellis has been pick on a average that he won't be able to maintain ? is this the new rule of the speedway forum that know one can have a opinion on a rider and his average intill everyone's 1 -7 is known ?

Why would have to know who the other 5 riders are to know that Ellis has been pick on a average that he won't be able to maintain ? is this the new rule of the speedway forum that know one can have a opinion on a rider and his average intill everyone's 1 -7 is known ?

Until you know what the overall team is strength wise why would you knock Ellis before he has even turned a wheel.If it is a weak team and you believe there were better options out there of course you would then have a point. Wait for the 1-7 to be completed then form a opinion also you dont yet know the strengths of the other sides do you.

Until you know what the overall team is strength wise why would you knock Ellis before he has even turned a wheel.If it is a weak team and you believe there were better options out there of course you would then have a point. Wait for the 1-7 to be completed then form a opinion also you dont yet know the strengths of the other sides do you.

.in my opinion that I allowed on a speedway forum is that Ellis has been sign on average that is far to high ..once the Swindon 1 -7 is known I am still going to feel the same it won't any difference to my opinion ...

.in my opinion that I allowed on a speedway forum is that Ellis has been sign on average that is far to high ..once the Swindon 1 -7 is known I am still going to feel the same it won't any difference to my opinion ...

Same applies to Jason Doyle..

If you have a 1/7 that gels, that is competetive and exciting does it matter what average Ellis gets.So Swindon win the league and Ellis has a lower average you will still say hey i was right some people have averages on the brain.Have a look Orion carefully around Ellis's average and see if he is VALUE compared to others you might be surprised.

Are you on another planet? if he gets between 11/15 every meeting why would he not be value.If he is properly fit with no falls no efs no tape ex he will fill his boots every meeting in this tin hat league great for his bank balance.

every riders average is to high! Ellis is better than Newman and Howarth and not as good as Garrity or Lambert and the averages reflect that. I said before 95% of riders will see their averages drop.

get a grip. One day you will actually know what you are talking about. Hans Andersen on a far worse average than Doyle. Love the sour grapes