British Speedway Forum

By the sounds of it the Dinner and Dance, Rider of the year and other awards this year may be a bit chilly.

Oohhhh yeah!

Last winter they did it on their PL averages not EL ones.

It's the Elite League so should be averages from that league not the Premier League.

Time for these lads to stand on their own 2 feet as had enough help now.

• Like 1

All draft riders have a proper EL average gained over a whole season. I can't see why they wouldn't be used for team building next year.

All draft riders have a proper EL average gained over a whole season. I can't see why they wouldn't be used for team building next year.

They are still a false average tho given that half their heats are protected.

I don't see why the governing body (Or member) can't calculate their averages with the protected reserve heats (or at least heat 12) taken out to give a much fairer but truer average.

By the sounds of it the Dinner and Dance, Rider of the year and other awards this year may be a bit chilly.

Wouldn't have thought many will be going at 40 quid a pop.Charge a tenner and more peeps would show.

Poole did that once, but took the dinner part out!

Just have a dance and some crisps nuts sausage rolls cheese n pineapple on sticks lardy cakes Wiltshire Ham sarnies for a tenner then.

• Like 1

Just have a dance and some crisps nuts sausage rolls cheese n pineapple on sticks lardy cakes Wiltshire Ham sarnies for a tenner then.

Classy :lol:

Well I am not going unless it is a ten course meal with wine with each course followed by a dance with a one hundred piece orchestra.

• Like 3

You could get KK, Milik and Shamek all in the same team. I doubt P.Pawlicki. Does Milik have same average from riding with Kings Lynn or a new average. Will Kurtz ride?

1.Doyle=9.78

2.Dimitri Berge=4.19

3,Chris Harris=6.62

4.Batch=4.96

5.Holder=8.58

6.Wright=4

7.Kyle Newman=4

42.13 This is a good team enough said. Big boys in 1,3,5 with potential for Batch to improve. Berge is your young improving rider and Newman needs to get away from Poole.

Surely the team building limit will only increase to 42.5 if edr come in on their 2016 average? If assessed at 4 (which makes no sense to standardise them when they have real averages) then surely the limit stays at 40.5?

They are still a false average tho given that half their heats are protected.

I don't see why the governing body (Or member) can't calculate their averages with the protected reserve heats (or at least heat 12) taken out to give a much fairer but truer average.

Yes and no. Many edr have spent quite a chunk of time in the top 5. If you are adjusting reserve averages, you should do the same for 2nd strings. Which tbh is what I would do. 75% and 50% multipliers for points scored in 2nd string and reserve respectively. And build to something like a 35 point limit.
  • Like 2

I know but 3.00 seems a bit unfair? He's a much better rider than that, I'm just saying

Well I am not going unless it is a ten course meal with wine with each course followed by a dance with a one hundred piece orchestra.

They could have got the Bournemouth Symphonic for less than a disco/band, imagine all those fans doing the waltz wearing swindon wulfsports jackets leigh adams caps and trainers...classy.

• Like 2