British Speedway Forum

Successful teams have value in their starting averages, something lacking in this team at the moment.

If there's no lomit on DU, there'll almost be two leagues full of the same riders!

So basically you could have the Swindon side in the top league, replace Jason Doyle with a 3 pointer, and otherwise have exactly the same team in the lower league.

Maybe we should have a side in both leagues and double up with ourselves.

• Like 1

So basically you could have the Swindon side in the top league, replace Jason Doyle with a 3 pointer, and otherwise have exactly the same team in the lower league.

Maybe we should have a side in both leagues and double up with ourselves.

That would be a good idea but the bspa only allow 2 riders from the same team to d/u, also have asked if there is still a rule that a Premier promoter cannot also be a promoter of a Championship team.

I am still wondering if we will have a NL team with Stefan and Darryl in it, in which case someone like D Ritchings could be our number 7 and Stefan a replacement rider if needed.

Have you ever seen Lampart ride? Hit and miss on big tracks and hopeless on small ones. There's no way he will put 2 points on 6.4. Musielak on the other hand would be a good signing on 6.34. He is a more accomplished rider. He averaged something like 3.5 at home for Wolves and 5.5 away and he would fly around Blunsdon.

Musielak is a very good rider he did disappoint on his only visit to the Abbey i think he scored 4 and had a fall in that.He would really be the rider along with Buzz (cant fit in??) who i would take a punt on.

I am still wondering if we will have a NL team with Stefan and Darryl in it, in which case someone like D Ritchings could be our number 7 and Stefan a replacement rider if needed.

Has any Premiership (Elite League) ever successfully run an NL team, without a clever marketing angle (calling your NL team Cradley Heathens for example)?

An NL team won't attract any new fans, so you're just cannibalising your main team's customer base.

• Like 1

Has any Premiership (Elite League) ever successfully run an NL team, without a clever marketing angle (calling your NL team Cradley Heathens for example)?

An NL team won't attract any new fans, so you're just cannibalising your main team's customer base.

Kings Lynn seem to have done and benefited from the reserves it has created.

But those fans can go to meetings in the week or weeks of gaps when the main team is not riding, look how many weeks this year we had no racing. There may be the odd clash but that would be better than what we had this year.

Edited by A ORLOV

True, but if your Premiership team is not doing well, or people feel it simply isn't value for money, they could forego Premiership speedway altogether and get their fix with the NL team. This is disastrous financially and exactly what happened at Oxford.

True, but if your Premiership team is not doing well, or people feel it simply isn't value for money, they could forego Premiership speedway altogether and get their fix with the NL team. This is disastrous financially and exactly what happened at Oxford.

Possibly but if the team are not doing well fans start picking and choosing which meetings to go to anyway. As seen last year the numbers were way down when the opposition is not very good.

A lot will depend if this year they can schedule the meetings better, I do not mind missing the odd week but when it got to two or three weeks I am sure others found other things to do rather than speedway on a thursday, especially if the weather was iffy.

Edited by A ORLOV

Three signings so far and all with inflated averages that will go down by a few points when new averages will come into effect

Doyle will be hard to beat but 11.11 is realistic while Ellis will do well to average six as would Bellego who are second strings at best they are going to need bargains to make this competitive like Batchelor who may even be a gamble considering his form last season while Justin Sedgman deserves another season.

Those as a top five leaves little for the reserves though and looks like they will rebuild when new averages come in

Edited by INCOGNITO

Three signings so far and all with inflated averages that will go down by a few points when new averages will come into effect

Doyle will be hard to beat but 11.11 is realistic while Ellis will do well to average six as would Bellego who are second strings at best they are going to need bargains to make this competitive like Batchelor who may even be a gamble considering his form last season while Justin Sedgman deserves another season.

Those as a top five leaves little for the reserves though and looks like they will rebuild when new averages come in

I agree & would've given Nick & Justin another season on this weakened league.

Justin averaged way above Bellego when he rode in the Old Premier League.

I'm going to look forward to seeing Doyley but think we're going to struggle big time unless Rosco pulls off a blinding signing.

• Like 2

would Morris and Schlein fit, with cannon fodder for reserves...?

I think Rosco will go for at least one decent reserve but if we couldn't fit Stefan in then gawd help us

Full of doubt is my read on our line up with the points we have left.

King's Lynn have run an NL side since 2009 as the Young Stars.

Next season will be their 9th season, so I'd say that's a success without any clever marketing.

In fact, the NL stuff is pretty none existent as is the crowds but Buster manages to keep it rolling on.

Morris' average is incorrect. From memory, he's a shade short of 9 pt average.

Morris is 8.97

The rule was always you could drop back down (or move back up) after a year on your old average. So I think Nick Morris should be 7.81

Edited by SCB

The rule was always you could drop back down (or move back up) after a year on your old average. So I think Nick Morris should be 7.81

I'm with you on that. Any rider with a 2015 PL average should be able to use that average if they didn't compete in the 2016 PL.

We have to bare in mind though that the "rule book" is suppose to be shredded and re-written for 2017 so we just don't know what rules are what