British Speedway Forum

A rider was always allowed to drop down or come up on the average they attained in that league if it was from 2 seasons ago.

Yea I get what you are saying. It's just open to abuse if you are allowed to use an average from a season or 2 ago IMHO.

If Nick is going to be on a 2015 PL average then, presumably, he would need to sign for a second division club first before doubling up with Swindon.

Could this be why he hasn't been announced in the side yet?

I expect that rule to have been scrapped now, anyway, with the averages being as they are now. Will be interesting to see if anything pans out though.

I agree but it would make the tail end of the team a bit stronger.

Doyle would win most Heat 13 and 15s especially at Home.

DOYLE will probably win most races everywhere! Much easier British season ahead for him than in 2016.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

DOYLE will probably win most races everywhere! Much easier British season ahead for him than in 2016.

Of course he won't

• Like 1

Yea I get what you are saying. It's just open to abuse if you are allowed to use an average from a season or 2 ago IMHO.

It really should have been cleared up but then again the clowns don't even know what the points limit will be when the new averages come in.

Only in speedway😡

• Like 1

It really should have been cleared up but then again the clowns don't even know what the points limit will be when the new averages come in.

Only in speedway

I thought it was clear for a change however we all know that those rules can be bended if needed as per usual.

Have you ever seen Lampart ride? Hit and miss on big tracks and hopeless on small ones. There's no way he will put 2 points on 6.4. Musielak on the other hand would be a good signing on 6.34. He is a more accomplished rider. He averaged something like 3.5 at home for Wolves and 5.5 away and he would fly around Blunsdon.

For the record, having just looked it up, 3.61 and 5.52. His away average was the same as that of one F Lindgren, though I'm clearly drawing no comparisons here...

But even he cannot average 13.XX. Averages are calculated up to 12.00. Which is why it is a signing that is only worthwhile if your team declares within an hour of the 2017 averages coming out.

But even he cannot average 13.XX. Averages are calculated up to 12.00. Which is why it is a signing that is only worthwhile if your team declares within an hour of the 2017 averages coming out.

You're assuming averages will work the same way as in the past. If the 50-point limit and the 1.4 multiplier is maintained throughout the session then as stated Doyle could easily hit his average in this weakened league.

• Like 1

You're assuming averages will work the same way as in the past. If the 50-point limit and the 1.4 multiplier is maintained throughout the session then as stated Doyle could easily hit his average in this weakened league.

If averages stop being calculated by points scored / rides * four. Then I give up.

• Like 1

Think going top heavy was definitely a big mistake. Doyley had a very good 2015 but still plenty of heat leaders out there capable of beating him. To assume he will win every race all season long is a bit insane really.

Rye House looking like they've got the balance almost spot on IMO.

Think going top heavy was definitely a big mistake. Doyley had a very good 2015 but still plenty of heat leaders out there capable of beating him. To assume he will win every race all season long is a bit insane really.

Rye House looking like they've got the balance almost spot on IMO.

Actually, for me, I think they should have gone even more top heavy once getting Doyle in. Give us a really solid top 2, with a back up that could have chipped in.

We were always going to struggle lower down the team, but at least we are keeping one of the top riders in the World riding in Britain.

I agree with Doyle not being unbeatable. He's good for 13 a meeting I reckon. That's a 10.40. It can also include a 5-1 against him!

I think Rosco is going for riders he likes and to hell with their averages. Hopefully it will work out.

• Like 2

I think Rosco is going for riders he likes and to hell with their averages. Hopefully it will work out.

Agreed. Other than the 2007 team which looked planned but which actually fell into Rosco's lap, all of his team-

building has been on the hoof. Never strategic like Matt Ford. The Bellego signing is particularly weird. Rosco says he's got his place because he asked for it and has good equipment, not because he fits with a team-building plan!