British Speedway Forum

He'd be a 7 at PL level last year so no justification why it isn't this year also.

• Like 1

If people are complaining that Andersen's assessed average is too low, that has to be a good sign! :)

Looking at the 2016 under-21, he scored 9 points from 3 rounds.

As comparison, Ellis scored 17.

Zach Wajtknect and Nathan Greaves both scored 1.

It's a bloody joke. We're told we're using PL averages but now they're giving Danes with World U21 experience 5 point averages. There is no justification for this. Well Done the BSPA, you bunch of utter morons!

that was my intial thought to. But i looked at Dolgin's rankings, which have him 210th in the world. That's lower than Sarjeant and Clegg, though higher than Jacobs and Rose.

My own rankngs had him 205th, below JAcobs, Sarjeant, Nielsen but above Clegg.

So I'd say probably a 4 point assessed EL average (converted to 5.6) would have been about fair. But given we should be encouraging use of Brits, I understand the argument it should have been a 5 converted to 7.

Either way, his average is too low, BUT I also doubt he will achieve his average.

that was my intial thought to. But i looked at Dolgin's rankings, which have him 210th in the world. That's lower than Sarjeant and Clegg, though higher than Jacobs and Rose.

So I'd say probably a 4 point assessed EL average (converted to 5.6) would have been about fair. But given we should be encouraging use of Brits, I understand the argument it should have been a 5 converted to 7.

Either way, his average is too low, BUT I also doubt he will achieve his average.

Don't spoil it! Can't we just enjoy the illusion that we have a ringer for at least one day?

• Like 2

We have a real youthful look about our side and i am open minded on how we will do.Andersen it looks a big ask to come in but he has decent credentials but i believe Hansen is a better rider we shall see roll on March.!!

Edited by Sidney the robin

Don't spoil it! Can't we just enjoy the illusion that we have a ringer for at least one day?

yeah sorry. he is the Dane that Matt Ford was disapointed to miss out on. And Ford was thinking he was a bargain on a 7 converted to a 9.8, I imagine both he and Doyle will be dualling it out for top of the Robins averages come end of the season.

It's irrelevant how good or bad he is. We're now using PL averages. Foreigners are a 7. He should be a 7. The fact he is crap just means he shouldn't be riding in our league at all! There should be a minimum assessed average to stop any old dross riding here.

yeah sorry. he is the Dane that Matt Ford was disapointed to miss out on. And Ford was thinking he was a bargain on a 7 converted to a 9.8, I imagine both he and Doyle will be dualling it out for top of the Robins averages come end of the season.

No it isn't - see my post on the Poole thread this morning!!

We have but do not tell anybody

No it isn't - see my post on the Poole thread this morning!!

I detect sarcasm in his post Skidder!

• Like 1

It's irrelevant how good or bad he is. We're now using PL averages. Foreigners are a 7. He should be a 7. The fact he is crap just means he shouldn't be riding in our league at all! There should be a minimum assessed average to stop any old dross riding here.

Why, when the Bees have signed fellow Dane, Lasse Bjerre, on less than 7? It's perfectly reasonable to have an untried, new, young foreign rider on a 5 point average. Otherwise we'll be stuck with the existing dross like Klindt on 5.42

Crazy assessment - in 'old money' its like him coming in on 3.57 last year.

i agree fully.

just pointing out that Swindon aren't really gaining here (sorry Grachan!).

What should have happened, as many of us said at the time, was a clear statement from BSPA as to what methodology would be used for foreign riders, and a list of every rider and what average they would have come in on.

Jacobs and Rose are better than Sarjeant any way, and about level with Clegg, so that list seems crap, Rose is probably better than Clegg for now, maybe not in a few years though

Edited by Dandelion

So why not reassess all foreigners, including the likes of Lasse Bjerre, to a minimum of 7?

Can't see how you can object to Andersen being a 5 when Klindt is 5.42.