British Speedway Forum

Poole through and through. Have fun in the relegation scrap with Somerset.

Glory hunting troll you have been nowhere near Poole you numbnut

• Like 5

Relegation.

Probably will do throughout next season.

Well you wont finish bottom anymore after the Somerset team announcement tonight.

Poole through and through. Have fun in the relegation scrap with Somerset.

I wasn't trolling. The team is a joke. Tungate at No.1 the same rider the majority of Swindon fans wanted sacked last season. Jan Graversen is laughable.

I don't gloat about anything.

no, you don't gloat about anything.

:rofl:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 3

Guess Swindon have been told Andersen's assessed average is 4 or 5.

Not what I have heard

On the Wolves thread it has a report that CVS says rolling averages will be discontinued. What does that mean?

Think we should give this young Swindon team a chance, it's a whole new 'ball game' next season !

None of the teams announced so far, look that strong, well, apart from Poole of course, but then they failed big-big-big-big-time last season..

Am looking forward to the new season as there will be surprises along the way,, but at the end of the day I just hope to see some good racing :t:

• Like 1

Think we should give this young Swindon team a chance, it's a whole new 'ball game' next season !

None of the teams announced so far, look that strong, well, apart from Poole of course, but then they failed big-big-big-big-time last season..

Yep. Injuries at the wrong time can wreck any teams chances.

On the Wolves thread it has a report that CVS says rolling averages will be discontinued. What does that mean?

Due to the new average assessments (PL & EL x1.4) previous season's results will not be counted (this season) and all riders will gain a new Green Sheet Average once they have achieved 4 Home & 4 Away matches.

I presume that their final average for 2017 will include ALL of their League matches, whereas 2016 averages only comprised their last 20 Matches.

Whether Rolling Averages return for 2018 remains to be seen.

• Like 1

A true statement. However it didn't apply to Poole last season - they were beaten fair and square by the better team - despite Poole trying to work a flanker by replacing Hans with a better rider which spectacularly backfired BIG time when he went missing but not through injuries. Nor forgetting a convenient "injury" for Bjarne when he was out of form and replaced him with an in-form Tungate. So injuries did not wreck Poole's chances - no matter how many times you try and claim they did! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

it doesn't say they will be discontinued. I'm assuming they won't be retained but as per usual nothing is clear about the rules.

Where in those quoted posts have I gloated about Poole's success?

Gloating at the announcement of the proposed starting 1-7 of swindon.

You can gloat at the success of one team and the perceived failure of another.

At least that's how you prove a point to back up a point of view anyway. All in the space of 48 hrs.

Gambo thanks for reply. So worst 2 riders over first 8 matches(4h and 4a) will go to reserve places until next green sheet comes out. In theory Doyle could be reserve by ninth match.

Or a current low average rider has good start to season and gets replaced by some one currently higher on the average list.

Stevebrum, mb1990 used the phrase discontinued. Which was why I asked the question.

Edited by Anzum

Come on everybody just put the multi poster & all it's various names on ignore & then it can have a thread of it's own.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 3

Come on everybody just put the multi poster & all it's various names on ignore & then it can have a thread of it's own.

Sounds a good shout that mate hope all goes good today

Correct.............except injuries didnt wreck Poole last season.

A 'season ending injury' to Hans and then replaced by a much better rider totally backfired.

Seem to remember Bjarne having a 'dubious' injury and replaced by Tungate.

So nice try but Poole were beaten by a better team last season

A true statement. However it didn't apply to Poole last season - they were beaten fair and square by the better team - despite Poole trying to work a flanker by replacing Hans with a better rider which spectacularly backfired BIG time when he went missing but not through injuries. Nor forgetting a convenient "injury" for Bjarne when he was out of form and replaced him with an in-form Tungate. So injuries did not wreck Poole's chances - no matter how many times you try and claim they did! :rolleyes:

wow perhaps i should have looked at what you replied and just copied and pasted lol.

great minds think alike!

So that hand injury to Hans Andersen was a photo shop special? You couldn't make it up! I hope that Matt Ford and Hans are brought to task for knocking up a fake injury at a critical time of the season. Or perhaps Hans arranged for Fricke to pile into him so he would be out?

Do you honestly think Poole didn't want to go into the semi without thier second heat leader? In the scheme of things Lindback is a better rider BUT he hadn't ridden either track in years. Andersen would always have scored more.

And going to Wolves a main man down ended our chances. With Andersen we would have had a bigger lead from the first leg and a better chance of defending the lead. Anyone with a modicum of speedway knowledge would know this.

I don't blame Wolves they only beat what was placed in front of them but the Poole team for the second leg was weak in the extreme and Wolves had it easy.

I think you are either trolling or are lacking knowledge of the situation.

So Swindon have used the wrong average for their new Dane then? Certainly what I'm hearing. Anyone else heard anything?