British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
E I Addio

Kelvin And The Agm

Tatum thinking of quitting as our 'Motivational Coach'?

The role model that was going to share his wisdom, expertise and knowledge in order for us to improve our performances away from home?

Apart from 2 wins at a woefully weak Leicester, we didn't pick up A SINGLE AWAY POINT throughout the season. In fact, as per usual; on many occasions, we've been an embarrassment.

Added to which reading between the lines pre-season, Tatum wanted Kim Nilsson dropped. Let's see now; who next to AJ has been our most consistent (often at Arena, prolific) rider?

Tatum talks a good story BUT if the 'proof of the pudding is in the eating' then we're still suffering from malnutrition.

Absolute waste of a wage packet; not only in my opinion - but because a season's worth of (dire away) results don't lie.

Based upon my visits to Lakeside this season, I don't agree.

I saw the Poole match back in April and after about 6 heats Poole were about 6 ahead.

Enter Tatum, who had been delayed by the Dartford Crossing.

Lakeside came out after that unbelievably fired up, produced some brilliant racing and won comfortably.

On Friday, I am told that they were the same while Swindon were a total shambles.

As Liam has said, Lakeside have gone from wooden spoon to play off with virtually the same team. I'd say that in anyone's books that's a fair improvement and most would put that down to team management.

• Like 1

I have to say Kelvin has been remarkably unbiased when discussions or meetings involving Lakeside are concerned. Ultra professional. I don't see anything changing.

Yep fully agree

• Like 1

Yep fully agree

Well I have to disagree. He and His side kick are always blowing sunshine up Poole's arse.

Reading the topic of this thread I am most amazed that Kelvin is considering to step down because of the biasness to some clubs. He has never mentioned a word of this before. It will be interesting to see whether he opinionate on the Lindback situation and his ridiculous average, or will he , as usual say Mat Ford has pulled off a wonder stoke getting in a Ringer for the play-offs....

What's New....

Well I have to disagree. He and His side kick are always blowing sunshine up Poole's arse.

Reading the topic of this thread I am most amazed that Kelvin is considering to step down because of the biasness to some clubs. He has never mentioned a word of this before. It will be interesting to see whether he opinionate on the Lindback situation and his ridiculous average, or will he , as usual say Mat Ford has pulled off a wonder stoke getting in a Ringer for the play-offs....

What's New....

You are talking about his opinion as a broadcaster versus his opinions as a team manager/motivator.

If he was slating the rules/other teams/ringers/dodgy dealings then he would probably be sacked.

He has been critical of things in the past and that's all he needs to do.

His role as a broadcaster has little to do with his involvement at Lakeside.

You are talking about his opinion as a broadcaster versus his opinions as a team manager/motivator.

If he was slating the rules/other teams/ringers/dodgy dealings then he would probably be sacked.

He has been critical of things in the past and that's all he needs to do.

His role as a broadcaster has little to do with his involvement at Lakeside.

Yeah, probably so, but sometimes he does tend to go overboard with his adulation of Poole speedway.....

I have noticed that he is doing the Poole V Wolves match, which will alleviate any suggestion of biasness towards Lakeside. It will be interesting, you being a Wolves man, to hear his comment in the PO SF's....

I have found in the past, that when someone is trying not to show biasness, they tend to go overboard the other way. I've always thought Tatum was professional in this way and never showed his connection to Lakeside.

RE Kelvin's coaching role ... think he has been a little disappointed at the attitude of some riders. Don't really want to listen, know it all, been there, done it but without the tee shirt.

RE Kelvin's coaching role ... think he has been a little disappointed at the attitude of some riders. Don't really want to listen, know it all, been there, done it but without the tee shirt.

That's not what he said in the Lakeside programme. So your grounds for that assertion is ?

Tatum thinking of quitting as our 'Motivational Coach'?

e.

You are the only one that has ever described him as "Motivational Coach ". The programme describes him as Team Manager, along with Jon Cook.

We get it that you don't think much of Kelvin, we get it that you don't think much of Jon Cook. We get it that you think Neil Vatcher and his wife are suitable targets for insults and abuse, but there is no need to over egg the pudding by quoting falsehoods instead of fact.

We get it that you think Neil Vatcher and his wife are suitable targets for insults and abuse

Do what?

When have I ever said anything about Neil's Wife????

By the way, despite what the programme states, our website carries articles referring to Tatum's appointment as 'a coach'; and it is in that capacity that he's also referred to upon our club's website.

But I'm sure you know best.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

The sport needs something radical, perhaps now is the time to have independent committee running the sport?

NOW its the time? It's been that time for years.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

NOW its the time? It's been that time for years.

Personally, I think that that would result in track after track closing.

He who pays the piper calls the tune and, like it or not, most speedway tracks are loss making. While any fan can say that his attendance helps keep his team going, without private individuals putting their hand in their pocket many (if no most) PL & EL tracks would shut.

Making money, you'd accept interference from someone who had no financial involvement. Grudgingly, maybe, but you would. Losing money is an entirely different matter.

What speedway needs more than independent control is independent adjudication. Every team change, every ruling, every dispute decided by someone who is not connected to any track. Open, justified, written rulings made by a named person who is not prejudiced and based upon the rules of the sport.

Sadly, there's absolutely no chance of that.

• Like 3

Thing is as much money as Man City and Chelsea have they have no say in the rules of the Premiere League, why should speedway be any different, its like John Berry used to say, its a close shop, the promoters act like they are in their own little Masonic lodge and no one is allowed to come from the outside, judge them or suggest what they are doing is wrong.

Speedway will not die, it will always exist in some form, especially in countries like Poland, but over here it is dying a very slow death and they just can't see it or refuse to see it, crowds are falling at most tracks season on season, we all know it, we all know plenty of people who used to stand with us that no longer go, and now even the ones that used to be the ones who would say I will never leave are doing just that.

• Like 4

Do what?

When have I ever said anything about Neil's Wife????t.

On the old Lakeside website just before it was closed down, and apparently your abuse and insults were part of the reason why it was closed. I note you don't deny abuse and insults towards Neil.

By the way, despite what the programme states, our website carries articles referring to Tatum's appointment as 'a coach'; st.

I never said it didn't. All I said, if you bother to read the post properly was that you are the only one to ever describe him as the Motivational Coach " , and that the programme describes him as team manager. He has never been described as "Motivational Coach " That is just an adjective you put in to mislead people (a lie in other words) to add a bit of force to your carping criticism.

• Like 1