British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Hope it's not Knight, I've not given up hope that I'll see him in Newcastle kevlars come the end of the season yet...

Have any of you Sheffield supporters heard on when the KOC semi dates will be ?

Have any of you Sheffield supporters heard on when the KOC semi dates will be ?

Nothing announced yet (still awaiting a re-arrangement date for a match called off 9 weeks ago so do not expect anything soon). Not helped by us both riding predominantly on Thursdays.

Are you referring to the League match against Edinburgh which was called off to accommodate the restaging of the KOC match? It's just the way I am reading it seems to imply that the KOC match is still awaiting restaging, when it has been raced.

Even though Sheffield have race night seniority Ipswich will already have scheduled Thursday home fixtures. They were probably the last team we wanted to end up being drawn against, and I'm sure Ipswich feel the same way!

9 weeks ago home cup match V Edinburgh called off. This was ridden 01 June, by re-designating the scheduled league fixture against Edinburgh, meaning league fixture still outstanding.

The May 18th home match V Ipswich off, re-scheduled for Sunday September 10th.

June 8th home V Newcastle off, no new date announced.

Due to cup progression another Ipswich fixture to be arranged.

Thursday 06 July was a reserved date but appears there will be no match.

Two reserved dates in August so hoping that Newcastle and Edinburgh get arranged for these two dates, and no more call offs.

Seems ironic that the only re-arranged date is Ipswich, league, which would be more difficult to arrange as both Thursday tracks.

Does anyone know what is the preferred alternate race night? I believe it was Monday, but that was when Machin was in charge so this may have changed.

Also what are the cut off dates for the play offs and cup semis. I know BT are scheduled to show promotion relegation play off early October, so would have thought around mid September for play offs.

Thanks

• Like 1

The 6th July reserved date has now gone due to it being SWC time (no meeting scheduled for that date!) and essential stadium maintenance.

Had this before, is it that some safety certificate has to be re-newed at this specific time? If not why can't this essential work be done on another day, say in between mid October and mid March. Crazy if you ask me!

The 6th July reserved date has now gone due to it being SWC time (no meeting scheduled for that date!) and essential stadium maintenance.

Had this before, is it that some safety certificate has to be re-newed at this specific time? If not why can't this essential work be done on another day, say in between mid October and mid March. Crazy if you ask me!

Would have thought SWC dates were known well in advance. Surely the stadium owners must let speedway promoters know dates stadium not available.

I think your team has 2 free dates when i looked yesterday 3rd and 17th August between now and Sep but Ipswich are already booked to ride at home both nights .

Ipswich's only free Thursday between now and Sep is Aug 10th and yup you guessed it your already booked to ride at home .

Aint gonna be seeing this semifinal till into Sep at the earliest

9 weeks ago home cup match V Edinburgh called off. This was ridden 01 June, by re-designating the scheduled league fixture against Edinburgh, meaning league fixture still outstanding.

The May 18th home match V Ipswich off, re-scheduled for Sunday September 10th.

June 8th home V Newcastle off, no new date announced.

Due to cup progression another Ipswich fixture to be arranged.

Thursday 06 July was a reserved date but appears there will be no match.

Two reserved dates in August so hoping that Newcastle and Edinburgh get arranged for these two dates, and no more call offs.

Seems ironic that the only re-arranged date is Ipswich, league, which would be more difficult to arrange as both Thursday tracks.

Does anyone know what is the preferred alternate race night? I believe it was Monday, but that was when Machin was in charge so this may have changed.

Also what are the cut off dates for the play offs and cup semis. I know BT are scheduled to show promotion relegation play off early October, so would have thought around mid September for play offs.

Thanks

We have raced the PLRC on Sundays plus of course have managed to arrange the Ipswich fixture on a Sunday, and last year we had the play off fixtures on Wednesday nights which was previously unheard of!! I seem to think Mondays were becoming increasingly unavailable for some reason, but don't hang me on that statement.

Correct about the 2 free dates hopefully Edinburgh and Newcastle will be fitted in on those days

When rearranging fixtures you have to bare in mind priority over your doubling uppers if there's a clash

3rd August is Swindon v Leicester (Josh B and Lasse)

17th August is Swindon v Somerset (Josh G who Somerset have priority anyway)

Ipswich in the KO cup could well be a Saturday at Ipswich and Sunday/Wednesday at Sheffield.

hi.if anyone is interested i have a spare ticket for the cardiff g.p in block L13.if anyone is interested please reply

When rearranging fixtures you have to bare in mind priority over your doubling uppers if there's a clash

3rd August is Swindon v Leicester (Josh B and Lasse)

17th August is Swindon v Somerset (Josh G who Somerset have priority anyway)

Ipswich in the KO cup could well be a Saturday at Ipswich and Sunday/Wednesday at Sheffield.

Presumably the promoters aware of this when they publish the reserved dates.

a big welcome to nathan stoneman signed up fully as a replacement for job.all the best and well done the promotion.

jack p.b

Has Jack just quit the CL this year to focus on developing in the NL? Or is he just seeing out his season at Birmingham? What's going on?