British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

The AGM definitely looks to have improved the prospects of the Elite (Premiership?) League. I'm sure Sky will be happy.

However, I can't say the same for the former Premier League.I don't understand how dropping the points limit to 40 will improve the product.

Premiership effectively building to 36.5 in old money

Championship if using two 2 pointers building to 42 in old money

Premiership much weaker than old elite

Championship pretty much on a par with old premier - so long as you give Brit newcomers a chance.

Id say that means the old premier teams have done very well to not only protect their product but also take on board the responsibility of providing progression from the NL (as shouldve be the case rather than the EL draft IMO)

• Like 3

Whoever we have riding for the Tigers next season the racing needs to be a lot better than the last two seasons. The track was way to slick. It was gate and go hardly any passing boring. Steady and co used to belt around the outside in the dirt, great to watch. Howarth is a big pal with Grajczonek, he will be looking to double up so could he be our new number one. Hope so.

Premiership effectively building to 36.5 in old money

Championship if using two 2 pointers building to 42 in old money

Who is a two pointer, is it just riders with an average who are two pointers or all British newcomers?

if newcomers come in on a 3, and riders with one years experience could be a 2, isn't that the wrong way round, shouldn't the riders with little or no experience be on a 2, and the more experienced ones be on a 3?

And who would go with two, two pointers so that can build to 42, teams will go with one two pointer at most, or will go with a three pointer, so build to 40.

So it is a reduction in standards

• Like 2

According to the Sheffield Facebook page, they are putting the finishing touches to our first signing and will be announcing soon. Would guess JPB given it is fairly obvious he will be joining us and should be a straightforward deal to be done (you would think)

I think that everyone will agree that the track needs improvement.It was pass poor last season.😉

All newcomers will be on 2 points is the info I have.

If thats wrong then The Third Man has a valid point re reducing the limit.

All newcomers will be on 2 points is the info I have.

If thats wrong then The Third Man has a valid point re reducing the limit.

I think there is so much confusion over this rule at the moment. Chris Louis thinks all newcomers will be on 2 point averages next season.

But the way the press release read from the BSPA it was only riders like Josh Bailey, Danny Phillips, Nathan Greaves who would come in on an average of under 3 and all other newcomers would be a 3 having had no previous PL experience.

So typical speedway really the rules seem as clear as mud

Was certain it would be JPB that would be signing number 1, however the post on the Tigers FB page says "a new signing". So im going to throw this out there (With a tad of wishful thinking)

Jack Holder/ Rory Schlein/ Josh Grajzconek

Was certain it would be JPB that would be signing number 1, however the post on the Tigers FB page says "a new signing". So im going to throw this out there (With a tad of wishful thinking)

I'm going with Midlands based Ricky Wells.

I think that everyone will agree that the track needs improvement.It was pass poor last season.

I do for one, and I know others who agree.

First priority if you ask me.

Get JPB in or someone else will.

He's been good all season, but in the KOC at Eastbourne he was just brilliant.

Was certain it would be JPB that would be signing number 1, however the post on the Tigers FB page says "a new signing". So im going to throw this out there (With a tad of wishful thinking

Think there might be an Aussie presence at Sheffield this season.😜

Junior