British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Fooking Brilliant!!!! :rofl:

My sky+ stopped recording after heat 13 when the aggregate score was level.... :cry:

Snap so did mine proper pd me off had to look up the result on the update sight.Am going to watch the final two heats on todays re run.

My sky+ stopped recording after heat 13 when the aggregate score was level.... :cry:

ditto

Snap so did mine proper pd me off had to look up the result on the update sight.Am going to watch the final two heats on todays re run.

I always add an hour to any live recordings... just in case.

• Like 1

I always add an hour to any live recordings... just in case.

Good tip but this is the first time this has happened to me in many many years of recording speedway and i have been at Belle vue on every Monday when they normally screen speedway.Just my luck it was an important play off meeting.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Good tip but this is the first time this has happened to me in many many years of recording speedway and i have been at Belle vue on every Monday when they normally screen speedway.Just my luck it was an important play off meeting.

Save the you tube link I gave you and you'll be sorted, that guy uploads within a few hours of every meeting. I've just made full use of that facility while in the Canaries for the last 2 weeks and he hasn't let me down once, was able watch each meeting as the sun rose the morning after, as good as live since I'd avoided checking results.

Edited by nw42
  • Like 1

despite starting watching noT fussed who won this tie ,after the two shocking decisions by the ref and the hatred towards Poole i was slighly pished they lost

Quite why that awfull British disease of knocking succes raises its ugly head ill never know

A great meeting all round tho despite being a little ruined by the ref,two shockers from him i feel,PK defo locked up despite Pearson saying he was locking up to make a cut back!!!

heat 15,all set up for a last heat decider ,ref could easily have put the definition of a gating tart[Tungate] back in but oh no,ruined the drama somewhat

Sad when a great final is ruined by one t i t in a box

Well done to Wolves---should be a cracker of a final,looking forward to it

• Like 1

Likewise - we pay enough for the privilege too.

Mine too, stated end of programme. Seriously peed off. All that build up and missed the live finale. Edited by Hodgy

Having slept on it.

# If PK had been excluded in 9 I don't suspect any fair minded people would have moaned To exclude Ellis was not right but that's the way it's been for donkey's. Unless the bloke in front actually falls causing the laydown then the one behind is usually excluded.

# Ht 15 decision was correct. What Holder was thinking about with his mate, a renown gater, on the inside, defeats me.

# When the dust has settled I reckon (Most) Poole fans will accept that Buc, Kurtz & Holder cost them more than the referee ever did.

# Monmore week in week out doesn't have the home advantage of the past. What last night proved is that it could have if things were different. With the first leg of the final being next monday will there be the time/circumstances to produce the same surface as last night? If they do I'm pretty sure BV will deal with it a lot better than Poole. Anyway......................

My MOTM on the tractor.......................Doc Bridgett, on the track...........Kyle Howarth, How many Wolves hearts sank when we conceded the 1-5 in 10 and looked at 12 and got the towel ready?

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

Lets be honest here. This tie was over the moment Middlo posted on twitter that Lindback was out.

R/r was never going to cover and proved to be the case with 2 points coming from the 4 rides. Considering Lindback rides Monmore very well it was a huge loss.

Bjarnes injury also added to the problems. Whilst he is nowhere near fast enough on the bigger tracks, he is a quick gater and speed is not required at Monmore. The meagre points score from Tungate I feel would have been bettered by Bjarne.

What it left was a gaping hole in the middle of the team at the worst possible time, which was impossible to cover. With Kurtz and Buz completely useless, and Tungate reverting to his usual el form, we were effectively a team of two reserves and a number one who hates the place.

We were always going to run out of riders at the end and so it proved. Didn't help when the ref wanted a bit of fame to make a pretty disgraceful call when PK overlocked, and in heat 15 (when it was all over anyway) not to put all four back.

Poole were never going to make the final with the 6 riders they were forced to turn up with. Andersens injury really brought an end to our challenge this year. (13 last visit)

No sour grapes Wolves could only beat the opposition put in front of them but fate dictated a very weak Poole team last night at Monmore. Think Belle Vue at full strength will be a harder nut to crack.

• Like 1

Lets be honest here. This tie was over the moment Middlo posted on twitter that Lindback was out.

R/r was never going to cover and proved to be the case with 2 points coming from the 4 rides. Considering Lindback rides Monmore very well it was a huge loss.

Bjarnes injury also added to the problems. Whilst he is nowhere near fast enough on the bigger tracks, he is a quick gater and speed is not required at Monmore. The meagre points score from Tungate I feel would have been bettered by Bjarne.

What it left was a gaping hole in the middle of the team at the worst possible time, which was impossible to cover. With Kurtz and Buz completely useless, and Tungate reverting to his usual el form, we were effectively a team of two reserves and a number one who hates the place.

We were always going to run out of riders at the end and so it proved. Didn't help when the ref wanted a bit of fame to make a pretty disgraceful call when PK overlocked, and in heat 15 (when it was all over anyway) not to put all four back.

Poole were never going to make the final with the 6 riders they were forced to turn up with. Andersens injury really brought an end to our challenge this year. (13 last visit)

No sour grapes Wolves could only beat the opposition put in front of them but fate dictated a very weak Poole team last night at Monmore. Think Belle Vue at full strength will be a harder nut to crack.

I'll agree to an extent regarding Lindback... but let's be serious regarding Bjarne... who would he have beaten?

• Like 1

When do we call it an emergency...... Still no sign of Starman? Missing in action?

He does What he always does, runs and hides. Like most sore losers. No surprise tho.

If Poole had won he would be here gloating and insulting like usual.

• Like 3

Did it without a TR as well, surprising :o:D

Edited by Wolfsbane

The only contentious moment for me was PK locking up. Should Ellis have not bothered to lay it down we could easily have a couple of riders out injured today.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the decision in Ht15. Holder should have pushed the Wolves riders out, leaving room for Tungate on the inside. Not rocket science.

Wolves deserved their win and good luck in the Final. That said, I will be cheering for the Aces. They finished top of the League and deserve to win it overall.

• Like 1