British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Wasn't actually a rumour that he had accepted a guest booking it was indeed a true statement but one assumed it was meant for the 1st leg!

Don't worry he was probably booked for that as well over a week ago....

Maybe he was booked to cover for Hans prior to the signing of Lindback.

Why dont the mc ir bspa make a stand against Matt Ford if he is so bent and crocked?

Because giving half a chance they would love to be like him.

Thanks for this, typical speedway with a vague rule.

The fact is that the rider rode yesterday in a competitive match, thus not long term. I think that's the sticking point. Had this not happened then nowt can be/or should be said.

To be fair, it's not very clear either way.

A 7-day window, prior to the scheduled date of the first EL Play-Offs will enable EL Clubs only to replace long-term injured riders, not with riders in other EL Team Declarations. NB. Art. 16.3 does not apply, but riders must be fully licensed, have current Start Permission and be eligible to participate in UK Speedway.

This is the rule that Matt used to bring Antonio Lindback into the side. As the rule clearly states, the rider has been replaced. The only part of this rule that is open to interpretation is the definition of "long-term injured". Who decides this? If a rider cannot confirm when he will be back on the bike, but knows that he will at very least be off the bike for the foreseeable future, then surely this must count as a "long-term injury"?

The only alternative would be to define within the rules what does and does not count as a long term injury. Unless you're going to name specific injuries, or can see the future, it's impossible to define "long-term injured".

The only interesting point is the rule that proceeds it:

No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with effective date being 31st August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury.

This actually suggests that Matt is allowed to sign Hans back to the team, but doesn't say that he must. It seems that he is quite within his right to keep Antonio Lindback in the team, regardless of whether Hans is now fit to ride.

I can't see how there can be any sort of penalty for Poole this season as "long-term injured" would need to be properly defined.

And so we go on...more triviality distracting from the reality that most of what is being speculated on here may not be relevant come the end of the meeting...

Irrespective of what may be said about Matt Fords' methodology and how legitimate it might be, the reality remains that if Wolverhampton pull back the deficit and win on aggregate it will not matter one iota...

If they don't and Poole win on aggregate what is being speculated and suggested on here both in support and in opposition to Matt Ford and Poole Speedway is not going to make one iota of difference to how the BSPA view the situation.

• Like 1

Irrespective of what may be said about Matt Fords' methodology and how legitimate it might be, the reality remains that if Wolverhampton pull back the deficit and win on aggregate it will not matter one iota...

If they don't and Poole win on aggregate what is being speculated and suggested on here both in support and in opposition to Matt Ford and Poole Speedway is not going to make one iota of difference to how the BSPA view the situation.

Sounds about right.

Rohan Tungate has just tweeted that he is riding for Poole tonight, so it was a good idea to book him last week.

I wish Poole would change the type on their website , trying to read small white letters on a black background is awful and difficult, and yes I have got reading glasses on.

Edited by A ORLOV

Now we're all aware of the two line ups, can Wolves pull it off? I honestly feel if all 7 ride to the best of their ability they can.

pretty disgusted with ford,think he will be remembered for his shenanigans more than titles won,as a poole supporter missed only one meeting this season as my protest will not be going anymore this season,its just bad,Bjarne only got the average he has now by riding so many meetings in a edr position,rules say an edr can only be replaced by another edr,M/C should convene emergency conferance call now and decide that bjarne should be covered by an edr rider

• Like 1

Let's be perfectly honest here, we all knew that Poole wouldn't have the same 7 as last Monday. What surprises me the most is that Buzz isn't injured (although still time). I have no issue with a win at all cost mentality as I think all should have. What annoys me is the blatant bending of the rules. No Poole fan can surely tell me that the Hans shouldn't now be back in their side & that the ''season ending'' injury was a load of tosh.

Hans is still injured. Tweeted immediately after the meeting that his hand is not right and he shouldn't have attempted to ride. Couldn't grip the throttle. If you are going to lay blane somewhere aim it at Fricke who caused this carnage.

pretty disgusted with ford,think he will be remembered for his shenanigans more than titles won,as a poole supporter missed only one meeting this season as my protest will not be going anymore this season,its just bad,Bjarne only got the average he has now by riding so many meetings in a edr position,rules say an edr can only be replaced by another edr,M/C should convene emergency conferance call now and decide that bjarne should be covered by an edr rider

Every other club has the same opportunities mate. Its the system, not Matt.

Ford was at Zorro's meeting yesterday. Was CVS, Adams or a representative of Wolves?

No idea. Did Magnus ride for Wolves in his career? He is a Poole legend and only right Matt turned up to pay tribute to the guy.

Hans is still injured. Tweeted immediately after the meeting that his hand is not right and he shouldn't have attempted to ride. Couldn't grip the throttle. If you are going to lay blane somewhere aim it at Fricke who caused this carnage.

We all said that Steve. He was taking a hell of a chance riding after such invasive surgery, but people on here just cannot see that. All they see is a black cloud.

Yeh that's right - Max deliberately rode into Hans. Sometimes you do take blue-eyed stupidity to a new level.

• Like 2

Yeh that's right - Max deliberately rode into Hans. Sometimes you do take blue-eyed stupidity to a new level.

Of course it was an accident. But regardless of that, Fricke lost control and caused the injury.