British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Ko Cup Semi-final 2nd Leg, 25 Sep 2016

Of course they work.

You obviously know more than one of your promoters then who's publicly stated they don't.

You've got to have a chuckle at the mind of the average Monarch . There's been nine rain offs this season in the West Lothian rainforest and it's all " woe is us , we are the unluckiest club with rain offs since rain was introduced to these parts as a way to water the flowers " .

While over in the civilised west we've had two rain offs and it's " the buggers are at it , tactical rain off , they must have injuries and haven't tried to get the meeting on " .

Yes it's a very paranoid place the mind of your average Monarch haha

Some things never change Paul eh

• Like 1

Won't have to listen to there constant criticism much longer, there season effectively finishes on Friday lol

So much pressure on Scotland's big club to try and keep the trophys north of the border this season after a disappointing season from the Monarchs.

• Like 4

The Begging Bowl's seen more daylight than the covers.

• Like 4

Won't have to listen to there constant criticism much longer, there season effectively finishes on Friday lol

So much pressure on Scotland's big club to try and keep the trophys north of the border this season after a disappointing season from the Monarchs.

I think Monarchs have actually put up a pretty good defence and a very respectable tilt at winning 3 aye thats 3 Premier League tiltles in a row..and to think you call us lot 'the smugs' lol oh yeah and may i point out without winning absolutely sod all as yet! :P As for being Scotlands 'Big Club' come back when you've overtaken us as the most succesful team of the Premier League era and maybe you'll have a point..and yeah we've done all that on a fraction of the dosh that Dick and Co have had to play with courtesy of Don Facenna.Inc.Having money doesnt guarantee you anything if you dont have the right blend of riders..it's a fantastic achievement to have won back to back titles considering we had to lose 2 of our best ever riders and then having no continuity of fixtures courtesy of the lovely summer up here in the East.Sometimes it goes for you sometimes it doesnt..we'll be back.No matter what Paulco and others may say though the cruddy weather does not help new riders bed in to a new track..wet dryish wet again etc etc..thats a fact.If and i say if you manage to win the PL this year or any trophies come to think you lot will find out how bloody difficult it is to put together a side capable of winning silverware regularly..we shall see.P.s we still havent abdicated as yet..i agree it will take a huge effort by our boys to overcome the Witches but it aint over till it's over..Mon the Monarchs :t:

The Begging Bowl's seen more daylight than the covers.

How soon you forget George....dear dear

You've got to have a chuckle at the mind of the average Monarch . There's been nine rain offs this season in the West Lothian rainforest and it's all " woe is us , we are the unluckiest club with rain offs since rain was introduced to these parts as a way to water the flowers " .

While over in the civilised west we've had two rain offs and it's " the buggers are at it , tactical rain off , they must have injuries and haven't tried to get the meeting on " .

Yes it's a very paranoid place the mind of your average Monarch haha

I have it on good authority that there were record sales of Sunglasses in Possil last weekend..hmm that does sound all too familiar lol.. B):D

Edited by Young51
  • Like 2

Said all that without taking a breath as well, but good to see you posting now and again.

• Like 3

Sorry thought this was a Glasgow V Somerset thread.

Anyway thankfully we've been able to get a new date sorted and we now stage the 2nd leg on Sunday 2 October at 3pm.

Expecting a Young Scotsman or two from the east, just hoping the forecast is correct and we don't get a Cyclone :neutral:

R/r for Lunna still applying. Do we know who is guesting at reserve for Somerset?

Somerset's reserves will be Mason Campton and Ben Hopwood.

Tigers, having seen what befell the Rebels in the first leg, have engaged Ryan McDonald as #8

• Like 3

I see Mr. Griffin is in the box for this one. Hope he remembers to watch the race after the start.

Aye and that you have to turn left :lol::lol:

Good weather forecast and we should do this. Also NJL Riders championship in the second half. Should be a great afternoon's entertainment.

Tigers, having seen what befell the Rebels in the first leg, have engaged Ryan McDonald as #8

Aye, Stewart wouldn't have thought of it otherwise. :rolleyes:

Forecast is for a sunny afternoon on Sunday so all systems go for this one, I think this will be close, Somerset welcome back Jake Allen who has had a great first season, they are probably stronger with Campton rather than BWD though I don't think Hopwood will score as much as Bewley did at number 7,

Glasgow still without Lunna, might not hurt them too much if Garcia is on form again, also be interesting how Worrall and Tungate cope with riding at number 1, I'll go for a 6/8 point win for the home team with Lawson the top man for the Tigers and Grajczonek the top man for Somerset.

Stay safe and let's hope the Tigers can do enough to reach the final.

• Like 1