British Speedway Forum

Ellis is young enough to allow some average reduction, sorry but Newman is 24. GP stars Zmarzlick and Piotr Pawkicki are younger.

• Like 1

Ellis is young enough to allow some average reduction, sorry but Newman is 24. GP stars Zmarzlick and Piotr Pawkicki are younger.

What point are you trying to make here?

Individual riders should have their averages assesed by age? That seems fair!

Not sure why you have brought two Poles who don't ride here into the argument. If its to show they have more ability its meaningless.

Riders develop at different rates before levelling off. Look at Doyle for instance. 31 years old. 7 years ago when he was 24 would you have said he could have been world champion?

Of course I am not saying Kyle could get that far but it shows just because there are younger riders in the gp series doesn't mean they can't be surpassed.

What point are you trying to make here?

Individual riders should have their averages assesed by age? That seems fair!

Not sure why you have brought two Poles who don't ride here into the argument. If its to show they have more ability its meaningless.

Riders develop at different rates before levelling off. Look at Doyle for instance. 31 years old. 7 years ago when he was 24 would you have said he could have been world champion?

Of course I am not saying Kyle could get that far but it shows just because there are younger riders in the gp series doesn't mean they can't be surpassed.

So, are you saying that Kyle Newman and others of that ilk like Paul Starke, Kyle Howarth, Josh Auty, Steve Worrall, etc should be EDR/2017 equivalent riders in 2017?

If they cannot make it as second strings now in the top league, then maybe, just maybe they do belong in the Premier League/2nd tier of UK Speedway, otherwise there's no opportunity for more younger generation..... We'll end up with a plethora of 21+ something riders of good edr level riders and no new second strings, and consequently, no EL heat leaders and above, we'll be completely cut off from world team speedway, and no GP riders other than Tai Woffinden......!!

• Like 1

If the edr system is retained, then of course there has to be room for young up and coming riders like Bewley etc. there needs to be a list which includes these riders.

If the edr system is retained, then of course there has to be room for young up and coming riders like Bewley etc. there needs to be a list which includes these riders.

I certainly hope it's not retained the season just gone proved it total farce let the young lads learn there trade in the premier and national league

Why the need for a list?

Surely A line needs to be drawn, max age, not previously ridden EL and UK born is all that's needed, then let the promotors dig them out, scout them out........

Edited by Shale Searcher

There has to be a list, not allocation, which would be unfair on riders.

Carp? Got the fishing rod out again Skidder?

Not allowed to swear on this forum am I? Forum rules and all that..........!!

I see my plea has not made a whole lot of difference.

By the way, nice article in today's local about Adam Ellis wanting to come back to Poole in 2017. Seems Jon Cook is ok with it?!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway

Not allowed to swear on this forum am I? Forum rules and all that..........!!

I see my plea has not made a whole lot of difference.

By the way, nice article in today's local about Adam Ellis wanting to come back to Poole in 2017. Seems Jon Cook is ok with it?!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway

What a plonker Jon Cook is as surely he should want Adam back at Lakeside & should be pulling out all stops to get him.

For goodness sake leave poor Kyle alone.

If you want to talk about Poole in general fine.

If you want to talk about EDR open a separate thread, please.

This is a Poole 2017 thread

People are discussing possible riders and Newman is one of those, so his average for next year is very important i would say

And nobody is having a go at Newman just making sure he has a fair average

Not sure why age comes into it to be honest , for me age is irrelevent.

The time has come that the likes of Worrall , Newman, Auty, Starke and possibly Howarth need to make the move into being a second string.

Those riders that were number 7's last year should now be the number 6's and then blood the next generation.

I would like to see the following riders as the top level EDR riders (on the right averages!)

Jacobs, Sarjeant, Simon Lambert, Branford, Ellis, Stefan Nielsen, Clegg , Ashley Morris (Ellis the highest average of those)

Then we can look at the next youngsters as the number 7's the likes of

Perry, Bewley, Hume, Perks, Dean-Wilson, Wajknecht for example.

Newman hasnt been the outstanding edr rider this year. Worrall is streets ahead of him these days.

I did say over the 3 year period and yes you can add Steve Worrall to that list also.

What about a team of Lindback, Newman, Batchelor, Gomolski, Andersen, J Holder, B Kurtz

If Lindback can't do more than one meeting then he can be replaced by KK.

With that 1-7, and on current averages, Batch would be at reserve!! That's the only position I would be happy to see him in!!

Other than that you could be quite close with 4 of them!!! :wink:

With that 1-7, and on current averages, Batch would be at reserve!! That's the only position I would be happy to see him in!!

Other than that you could be quite close with 4 of them!!! :wink:

Not too difficult to work out which 4!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

All down to the points limit now............!!

Lets hope it is sensible and not too low with all the false averages that some riders have got.

• Like 1