British Speedway Forum

Why? So you saying there's no riders anywhere in Europe, that could attain a 2 pt average? Or It could be created if needed by conversion, a 3.79 NL average converted up to a PL or EL average?

If ever a '2-point average' was introduced, why oh why would the British top tier of speedway want any rider - british or foreign - in at that level??

Yes rumours been circulating about the draft being axed which is great.

All we need now is a couple members on here to be axed as well and all is good.

• Like 1

Yes rumours been circulating about the draft being axed which is great.

All we need now is a couple members on here to be axed as well and all is good.

Why is the draft being axed great? It gave the chance and brought on British youngsters.

• Like 1

Why? So you saying there's no riders anywhere in Europe, that could attain a 2 pt average? Or It could be created if needed by conversion, a 3.79 NL average converted up to a PL or EL average?

Its not an average that exists I British Speedway minimum is 3 even if a rider drops below that figure he will still be on a 3

Its not an average that exists I British Speedway minimum is 3 even if a rider drops below that figure he will still be on a 3

So they could change that to a 2 for team building purposes..... Right?

Why is the draft being axed great? It gave the chance and brought on British youngsters.

Forget the draft and just insist a team starts the season with 2 brits at reserve and they can only be replaced by brits. Averages can be whatever providing they fit the team building rules. Eligible riders under 25 or with limited EL experience?

Only with riders who already average below that I don't think you assess that low though

No you just make it mandatory that 2 brits must field the last two positions of a team.

Basically on the same lines as sins said a few posts up

• Like 2

Strong rumours that their will be no draft in 2017. Will build up to average again (likely to be 6 man teams)

Strong rumours from whom? The BSF rumour mill?

I heard it direct from a promoter that they can't afford to scrap the draft, and we now know the financial situation a a lot of clubs is pretty bad.

You might find that the draft gets re-vamped and re-presented in a different guise, I don't know about that, but I whatever they do, I think it's likely to be the same old draft in principle.

What about 6 man teams? Is that the BSF rumour mill again, or is there any substance to it ?

Edited by Daytripper

Only with riders who already average below that I don't think you assess that low though

If teams were limited to a combined 6 & 7 ave of 7 pts, you could go with a 5 pointer, and a 2 pointer, or two 3.5ers, just a way of distributing the reserves, whilst allowing teams an element of choice, and stopping a reserve ringer being hired.... (Not enough pts left if your no 6 is a 3.5 to 5 pointer, you will still be able to take a punt on 2 point rider..

Strong rumours from whom? The BSF rumour mill?

I heard it direct from a promoter that they can't afford to scrap the draft, and we now know the financial situation a a lot of clubs is pretty bad.

You might find that the draft gets re-vamped and re-presented in a different guise, I don't know about that, but I whatever they do, I think it's likely to be the same old draft in principle.

What about 6 man teams? Is that the BSF rumour mill again, or is there any substance to it ?

Rosco and Horton said about the draft looks likely to be dropped

Rosco and Horton said about the draft looks likely to be dropped

Don't think it's gonna be binned as such, just re-packaged/branded because the riders won't be "drafted" the ones that have been part of it for 3 yrs, will be moved to second string, the others will move to/stay at 6 and a new raft of no 7's to be allowed, British, under 20's that have no main body exp in Prem or El league exp, perhaps Inc ex- draft guest riders, not inc the old hands.....

Yep. And I would suggest 2 is the correct assessed average for an u23 brit who has not yet ridden a full season (>10 meetings in a season) in the EL.

So the likes of Bewley, morley, Carr, patkinson-Blackburn.

Especially if we revert to a conventional heat format, this seems reasonable and encourages teams to try young brits.

[quote name="Daytripper" post="2867263" timestamp="1476964028"

I thought Jon Cook wanted that.

Six man teams is a crap idea imo.

What would be good is to ditch the points limit and let teams pick whatever teams they wish, with the criteria that the reserves are Brits under 25.

Yadda yadda to people saying Poole would be riding against themselves.