British Speedway Forum

Rides mosts tracks well. Perhaps struggles at Swindon was excellentv at Belle Vue and is consistent at Coventry, Lynn. Lakeside.

Certainly improving year upon year. Don't think he has topped out yet.

Wrong.

His 2015 PL average was 6.84 and has ended 2016 6.31.

He was ranked 2nd in EDR at the end of 2015 and is now 3rd behind Steve Worrall and Adam Ellis in the averages for 2016.

Certainly not improving year on year as you indicate.

In fairness to Kyle I'd say he has mostly maintained this season despite all his averages dropping but by no definition would that be considered an improvement.

Your thoughts Steve on those stats?

Its fair to say Newmans average has gone up and down more than most mainly due to injuries. We saw what he is capable of in the play offs so if he could be injury free then his average would improve quite a bit in my opinion.

• Like 3

Would have Adam Ellis over Kyle Newman every time, nothing against Kyle enjoy watching him ride but I feel he has reached his level, he will always score at Poole and at Wolves due to his season with the spoons so knows how to ride it but must struggle at many tracks or else he would have been in the 1-5 more than Adam who every time I see him impresses me and I would have him at Wolves on his 5+ average as he will only get better

Agree.

I,d take Ellis to replace PK.

Might not do it in the first season,but long term(if not wanted by Lakeside)well worth the gamble.

Wrong.

His 2015 PL average was 6.84 and has ended 2016 6.31.

He was ranked 2nd in EDR at the end of 2015 and is now 3rd behind Steve Worrall and Adam Ellis in the averages for 2016.

Certainly not improving year on year as you indicate.

In fairness to Kyle I'd say he has mostly maintained this season despite all his averages dropping but by no definition would that be considered an improvement.

Your thoughts Steve on those stats?

He had two serious injuries in 2016, one life threatening. His PL average is niether here nor there concerning Poole. I believe he has improved and will continue to do so and has a bit more in him yet.

You are entitled to your opinion but if you saw his playoff rides I am struggling to believe you don't think he has improved.

• Like 3

He had two serious injuries in 2016, one life threatening. His PL average is niether here nor there concerning Poole. I believe he has improved and will continue to do so and has a bit more in him yet.

You are entitled to your opinion but if you saw his playoff rides I am struggling to believe you don't think he has improved.

at last you finally admit his Premier league average is neither here nor there concerning Poole so that rules out the 3.79 then! Kyle ride well in the play offs but he isn't improving. Good little rider but has stood still while others have moved ahead like Worrall and Garrity and others like Ellis and Starke have gone past him

So I log on to the BSF for the first time today and the first post I see is Gavan on a Poole thread!1 Quel Surprise!!

With reference to the apparent obsession with Kyle Newman that some seem to have, as SS has said, aside from any mechanical/set-up issues, he had a bad injury and a life-threatening illness (sepsis in the groin) which would stop any speedway rider in their tracks (sorry), so it might just be a tad understandable why his natural progress may have stalled a little.

But his end of season performances when he was almost back to full fitness and his confidence in his machinery was clear for ALL to see, show that there is more to come.

As for his average, as long as it is determined using exactly the same method as all other 2016 EDRs then I don't give a flying fig what average he comes in on for Poole in 2017. As I've already stated, the team building points limit and who MF chooses to recruit for next season's 1-7 will dictate Kyle's starting position in the team - if he's the lowest averaged rider then he'll be in the number 6 or 7 position. If he isn't he won't be - he'll be in the 1-5. Simples.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4

His PL average gives a rounded picture of his season.

So maybe injuries have halted him this year which like I said he has at least maintained his form this year.

But you would like to use his 2 injuries as some excuse as to why he has improved?? You couldn't make it up.

He always raises his game in the play offs, a huge reason why Poole have been successful over the recent years. Something I wholeheartedly applaud.

Facts are that Ellis has a higher EDR EL average.

As previously stated, I like Kyle. A good honest rider that any team would want in their side.

However to say he has improved this year is a stretch too far.

Don't know why people keep reacting all this rubbish about kyle average he seems to be the most popular rider in speedway at the moment

• Like 1

So I log on to the BSF for the first time today and the first post I see is Gavan on a Poole thread!1 Quel Surprise!!

With reference to the apparent obsession with Kyle Newman that some seem to have, as SS has said, aside from any mechanical/set-up issues, he had a bad injury and a life-threatening illness (sepsis in the groin) which would stop any speedway rider in their tracks (sorry), so it might just be a tad understandable why his natural progress may have stalled a little.

But his end of season performances when he was almost back to full fitness and his confidence in his machinery was clear for ALL to see, show that there is more to come.

As for his average, as long as it is determined using exactly the same method as all other 2016 EDRs then I don't give a flying fig what average he comes in on for Poole in 2017. As I've already stated, the team building points limit and who MF chooses to recruit for next season's 1-7 will dictate Kyle's starting position in the team - if he's the lowest averaged rider then he'll be in the number 6 or 7 position. If he isn't he won't be - he'll be in the 1-5. Simples.

He had bad injuries we all know that but 2 good meetings at the end of the season doesn't mean he has improved does it. I agree with you he should be in the team but in the main body now on a true average. If ridets like Newman , Steve Worrall, Starke, Wright , Bates and a couple of others are still somehow allowed to ride at reserve its just farcical. These riders are above being EDR level. The top lot of EDR should be the likes of Jacobs and Clegg and then bring in the likes of Wilson-Dean and Hume to be the lower EDR riders.
  • Like 2

He had bad injuries we all know that but 2 good meetings at the end of the season doesn't mean he has improved does it. I agree with you he should be in the team but in the main body now on a true average. If ridets like Newman , Steve Worrall, Starke, Wright , Bates and a couple of others are still somehow allowed to ride at reserve its just farcical. These riders are above being EDR level. The top lot of EDR should be the likes of Jacobs and Clegg and then bring in the likes of Wilson-Dean and Hume to be the lower EDR riders.

Oh gosh, I actually agree with Gavan! They should move up so the next lot can get a reserve place and more experience.
  • Like 1

Wilson-Dean Averages far more than Clegg and Jacobs no way he should be below them in a draft

Oh gosh, I actually agree with Gavan! They should move up so the next lot can get a reserve place and more experience.

thank you for reading my post! I've been banging the drum that Kyle should have a realistic average in the main body as well. Kyle and a few others I've mentioned should move up now. Move the lesser EDR's up and then bring in new ones lower down. Time now for Wilson Dean , Zach and Hume to be number 7's in my opinion. In my mind if Poole line up with Ellis and Newman at reserve it's a joke in the same way that Belle Vue shouldn't have Worrall and Jacobs and Wolves shouldn't have Howarth and Clegg

Jacobs, Ashley Morris, Clegg, Branford , Nielsen, Simon Lambert could all be top of the drafts. Then you could have Wilson-Dean , Zach, Bewley , Hume , Perry, as the lower riders. Time for the old EDR's to move up now

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

Wilson-Dean Averages far more than Clegg and Jacobs no way he should be below them in a draft

Isn't he a Kiwi? Had to come up to the PL this year as a 5 because of that so can't see him qualifying as an EDR.

• Like 2

Wherever Kyle rides in the Poole 1-7 next year is relevant to this thread.

All these references to other 2015/16 EDRs is absolutely irrelevant to Poole 2017 as at best (or worst) the EDR system will be dropped or dramatically changed to allow only one per EL team. And quite right too - who wants to see more 'wobblers' (no disrespect intended) in the EL? Their place is in the NL/PL until they are proved competent for the top league.

You see what you've done now - even got me on a non-Poole 2017 topic.