British Speedway Forum

It was exposed in the NL. At this level he will make Bomber look like Todd Wiltshire!

Agreed but just goes to show how exciting he was to achieve an average of 8.53 without making many gates!

I would never be surprised if CHOLDER is back with Poole on 2017 given the wording of Matt's last press release about him ...

And what do you think its to do with then ?

you seem to know everything you tell me its just my opinion all you ever do rubbish everybodys post sad really :t:

• Like 1

you seem to know everything you tell me its just my opinion all you ever do rubbish everybodys post sad really :t:

Not really, its already been stated why, read the posts.

remember when shanes won the masters at wimborne grasstrack,middlo was there all day and presented james with his trophy,great to have a young,exciting british rider on board.Ford says hes on loan from kent,what is the current ruling on third tier clubs holding assets,didnt think they were allowed to hold assets??anybody know?

remember when shanes won the masters at wimborne grasstrack,middlo was there all day and presented james with his trophy,great to have a young,exciting british rider on board.Ford says hes on loan from kent,what is the current ruling on third tier clubs holding assets,didnt think they were allowed to hold assets??anybody know?

I assume they are allowed to keep assets that were signed before the ruling was made.

• Like 1

At least Len Silver can take some credit as his record of promoting British riders is unequalled in Speedway.

Ford says hes on loan from kent,what is the current ruling on third tier clubs holding assets,didnt think they were allowed to hold assets??anybody know?

3rd tier clubs aren't allowed to own assets.

• Like 1

At least Len Silver can take some credit as his record of promoting British riders is unequalled in Speedway.

He can take a little credit as can Coventry & Plymouth but the big credit as always goes to the rider and the long suffering families who put in all the hard work and huge miles in the early parts of the riders careers.

• Like 2

Matt runs the club, and he does what he feels is right for the club. Chris has already stated that the averages have cost him his place. NOTHING MORE..

Does he? i was unsure who ran Poole speedway thanks for telling me.

Its called opinions pal. And because you dont have any opinions apart from the fact that everything that Ford does is always right then thats why you get the stick you do.

Some people believe Poole are wrong to let Holder go , including some Poole fans

• Like 2

James Shanes 19 year old being thrown in at the deep end is not for me personally. Don't know why we signed him. MF said in the press release that we can afford to carry him therefore it doesn't sound like MF has confidence in James.

We cant afford to carry James the way the team is shaping up.

Two points:

I suspect Wolves will have the strongest reserves in Klindt & Clegg but many of the other teams will take advantage of the 2 point reserve option to bolster the rest of their team, making Shanes a perfectly good choice;

I don't think next season's rules are any more a dumbing down of the league than the 2014 introduction of draft reserves (which over the last three years has definitely benefitted a dozen young British riders) as Daryl Ritchings came into the Swindon team then having achieved only a 5.94 average in the NL while Shanes has a respectable 8.53 average.

Just thought Poole would have shown Holder some loyalty. I agree not much between Holder and KK but surely Holder deserves his place, very strange to me

1. There is no room for sentiment in pro-sport

2. Matt Ford of all people knows this. He is one of the least loyal promoters

3. Holder wasn't loyal when he decided to take a year out a few seasons back.

4. Life sucks, speedway even more so!

Can confirm one thing. Cyfer won't ride for Poole or anyone in the league at the moment. Was speaking to his agent on Twitter and he confirmed that he doesn't have a place.

Shanes (or one of the other 2 pointers) will undoubtedly prove to be another Andy Moore (Swindon 2007), a poor gater & generally out-classed, but such a trier that he somehow got a 4 point average!

• Like 1