British Speedway Forum

It is illegal and it is theft pure and simple.

At least Hans fan admits that he doesnt care , which is different to the numptys on here who cant see any wrong in what they are doing.

Said it before rule bending seems to be rife down in Dorset!

You'd better tell SCB that mate. He'l have kids.. :rofl:

I believe kittens is the word your looking for

I've had work on BBC, ITV, S4C and Sky FWIW. And yes, you have hit a sore point, you are encouraging people to steal MY work. Why are you having so much trouble getting this? I work hard, sometimes horribly long hours on projects so when I see people discussing how it's a victimless crime, it's not rerally a crime, everyone does it, it's acceptable to do it then yes it pisses me off!

Just because you don't "pay" for ITV and BBC watching them streams also means figures won't be counted and that means that while ITV and the BBC may not lose money (having already paid for the show) it when the next series is not commissioned that me and 10's of people like me lose out. The longer a show runs for the more we make ultimately as an older show requires less work but still pays out the same to us. So anything you watch in some dodgy way eventually costs me.

So yeah, if I'm over reacting because you're costing me £1000s, I make no apologies.

As for your comment about Sky streaming stuff them selves (the BBC do too on the iPlayer BTW) then if you can't see the difference theres really no point carry on. You're a lowlife thief who steals from me. I think you're scum. And I'd piss myself laughing if you go into work tomorrow and find out you're being laid off because someone stole form one of your suppliers or customers!

It's exactly like stealing a car, you're taking something from someone that is going to have a cost implication for them and you're breaking the law.

A well over the top post god what a DRAMA QUEEN you are streams have been going on for years get over it.90 per cent of the workforce i work with watch sport all week on Mobdro and Cody hardly crime of the century is it are we ALL scum and lowlife.?

We are never going to agree on this subject. Whilst I understand your work involvement, I cannot see the direct connection you feel. You say you have worked long hours but no doubt you have been well rewarded. I too worked many days and weeks with little restbite but sometimes that par for the course. In your first sentence, you mention about figures being correct of the watching audiences, You have to understand the streaming of programs off the net is world wide and is accepted as the way forward. For you to expect people only to watch our programs, using the old system on television and aerial is way out of date.

Nobody is stealing your work. Its just your way of glorifying the deception you feel people are doing. I 've worked on many products,, As soon as I've been paid for work then its handed over I cease to own it.

You and others are blinded here, governed totally about the thought of people watching Sky products free of charge. You fail to understand that streaming from the net is big business.. It is estimated that within 3 yrs sourcing programs from the net will be the most popular way of watching TV. USA, China, Europe, Australia, have all jumped on the bandwagon,, but you say, using it in the UK is wrong. There are millions of computer devises capable of enjoying downloaded streams . You worrying about figures and future broadcasting, is understandably a concern, but I have no doubt the Companies will know all about the audience figures. The pricing of these programs will be met by new ways, advertising, franchise, licencing will come to the fore... Streaming won't go away....

The rest of your post surprised me. I was of the impression you were a man of substance, Integrity, somebody who could discuss and evaluate. . but I got that wrong too.... When somebody can turn so easily into a vile mouth, aggressive individual, then any respect one had has gone forever. I cant comment on words like 'Scum' and 'Lowlife' as they are something in life I've had little to do with. But am surprised, them accusation are allowed of a forum such as this .

Am sorry I was wrong about you..............

There is nothing to agree or disagree on.

You are completely and utterly deluded.

Streaming via the net from the legitimate provider and stealing from a business are two totally different concepts.

It's akin to you saying watching a pirated film recorded in the cinema was fine in the past because videos and dvd's were the way forward. The two are totally different.

You are a thief, it is as simple as that, cut and dried with absolutely no room for negotiation. The fact that you are even trying to argue that fact is utterly staggering!

A well over the top post god what a DRAMA QUEEN you are streams have been going on for years get over it.90 per cent of the workforce i work with watch sport all week on Mobdro and Cody hardly crime of the century is it are we ALL scum and lowlife.?

You're all thieves so yes

Dress it up however you want but its theft and illegal.

Some of you admit that but then others bury their heads

They're all scum. They steal from me.

Out of curiosity, what do you/they do as a job?

So the rich who dodge paying the right amount of tax are they thieves? but on a larger scale.

Little bit different as it's their money in the first place. It's also not illegal.

Little bit different as it's their money in the first place. It's also not illegal.

So you are saying the rich dodging taxes is more acceptable than somebody watching a three o'clock kick off on a Saturday really.😕

So the rich who dodge paying the right amount of tax are they thieves? but on a larger scale.

Depends what you are referring to. Tax avoidance is minimising your tax bill by using all the allowances that are legally available to you. Tax evasion is not paying your calculated tax bill i.e. you know what your bill is but you just don't pay it. Anyway it's an odd argument to say that 'rich' people do wrong things so less well off people should also do wrong things. Your own moral compass should tell you what to do.

Maybe not illegal but it is working the system to your advantage in order to avoid paying tax and making the rest of us pay more tax to compensate.

So you are saying the rich dodging taxes is more acceptable than somebody watching a three o'clock kick off on a Saturday really.

Three o'clock kick offs on a Saturday is somewhat different. There aren't many who confine their viewing to just that though are there? Especially as most of the big games don't take place at 3pm on a Saturday these days.

Three o'clock kick offs on a Saturday is somewhat different. There aren't many who confine their viewing to just that though are there? Especially as most of the big games don't take place at 3pm on a Saturday these days.

Any sport for that matter and you can even get BBC and ITV now on MOBDRO and other services. Watching them are the norm now for people who work long hours. Edited by Sidney the robin

So you are saying the rich dodging taxes is more acceptable than somebody watching a three o'clock kick off on a Saturday really.😕

Well he doesn't work in the tax office.. SCB only seems bothered about it if it effects his work.

So you are paid on how many watch the show? A type of commission so a thousand who watch on an illegal stream cost you 3 quid? Can't see how people are stealing from you if you are being paid for the work you do. You are paid for it so it is no longer your property.

The company that pay you a wage or for your work might be affected but not someone who has designed a graphic.

No point bleating about illegal streams. That horse has bolted from the stables years ago. The occassional streamer (one who streams the illegal content, not the viewer) might get caught once in a blue moon and banged up for 6 weeks as a deterent to others but it won't stop them. Sportsmania haven't been closed down and they take debit cards for subscriptions!

The company that pay you a wage or for your work might be affected

Thus hindering their commercial viability and lessening their chances of offering him more work, no?

• Like 1