British Speedway Forum

Hang on, didn't they completely relay the track a few years back in the winter? Maybe it wasn't done right? Also I was told the drainage system wasn't much good and it's all down to sea levels apparently!! Has anyone ever blamed the sea before??! :D

Years ago there used to be a problem when the tide came in and that's no joke.

Last season saw plenty of brilliant racing at Wimborne Road. The track did have an issue over a year ago on the first bend but that was corrected, as was the dip entering the third bend.

Wimborne Road has a good shape which allows passing on all four bends. There's always a ton of passing at Poole. Even on Friday every race had passing. Sure it could be smoothed out but would that take away some home advantage? And if it was so bad, why don't the riders get together and refuse to ride until it is sorted?

Stadia UK do not own Wimborne Road. But you knew that.

Oh hang on you can't read this as you have blocked me.

Well they made a start on Friday night by withdrawing their services............ but you still trying to defend the track.

• Like 1

My Grandad went to the first Poole meeting in 1948 and has been ever since and the track has always been bad. There was a riders strike in the 60's over it. Sidney don't comment on stuff you don't know about. Why would a promoter spend money when the stadium will be re-developed.

Yes, I am actually a Poole fan but this is an opinion page, but at least use facts. Riders strike about the track= Not the best track in the world.

if that track as been bad since 1948 then i would have stopped years ago .Don't agree with that at all. Depends on what you call bad the Knott family new how to prepare a speedway track. Everybody to there own opinion

if that track as been bad since 1948 then i would have stopped years ago .Don't agree with that at all. Depends on what you call bad the Knott family new how to prepare a speedway track. Everybody to there own opinion

When Pete Jarman did the track in the 1980's, the track was one of the best in the country. I remember Hans Nielsen riding in a meeting (may have been Martin Yeats farewell meeting) and saying it was the best track he had ridden on all season. So it wasn't always as bad as it is now.

Last season, after the Belle Vue defeat on Sky, they got the track as smooth as a billiard table, and it was the best I've seen it for years,

So what the hell have they done to it over the winter to turn it back into a pile of poo??

• Like 1

Its not "a pile of poo". Its a good racetrack. It was waterlogged on Friday. As long as we get no rain before Wednesday we will likely see good racing against Wolves on Wednesday. The amount of rain we had last Tuesday put the track underwater, stopping practice. Unfortunately it still hadn't dried out enough by Friday night. Whether the promotion knew of the problem or were unaware is a different issue, though the riders were all happy to start the meeting.

If you actually think Poole is a bad racetrack, you need to venture to some away meetings where on some tracks you will be lucky to see much passing. We are lucky in that the Poole curcuit produces fast racing and plenty of passing.

Only track I would trade Wimborne Road in for is Belle Vues, which is head and shoulders better than every other track, possibly in the world.

• Like 2

Kings Lynn monmore Peterborough 3 tracks as good as Poole or better I'm sure there are more

• Like 2

When Pete Jarman did the track in the 1980's, the track was one of the best in the country. I remember Hans Nielsen riding in a meeting (may have been Martin Yeats farewell meeting) and saying it was the best track he had ridden on all season. So it wasn't always as bad as it is now.

Last season, after the Belle Vue defeat on Sky, they got the track as smooth as a billiard table, and it was the best I've seen it for years,

So what the hell have they done to it over the winter to turn it back into a pile of poo??

Nothing..

Hang on, didn't they completely relay the track a few years back in the winter? Maybe it wasn't done right? Also I was told the drainage system wasn't much good and it's all down to sea levels apparently!! Has anyone ever blamed the sea before??! :D

That's true. We have a problem will the sea level and tides. The track really needs levelling after every season

quite agree Poole my team win or lose that don't bother me.seen great speedway over the year's don't know the reason it's such a poor track my opinion it's just lack of investment.how many meetings have been lost through poor track conditions lost count over the last few years.à

No what you really mean is how many meetings have we lost to the weather, no other reason. Nothing you can do about the rain. To me you talk like a newbe.

Edited by Starman2006

The potential silver lining to this is that if the track is redone it can move away from the gate and go nature of recent years.

I never watch Wimborne live as you just fast forward after bend three lap one, in fact the last time I watched a live meeting was on the Bet365 service and I felt suicidal.

Matt should be like Chris Louis who after seeing racing at NSS wanted to try an emulate it at his track.

The potential silver lining to this is that if the track is redone it can move away from the gate and go nature of recent years.

I never watch Wimborne live as you just fast forward after bend three lap one, in fact the last time I watched a live meeting was on the Bet365 service and I felt suicidal.

Matt should be like Chris Louis who after seeing racing at NSS wanted to try an emulate it at his track.

Clearly you have no idea mate. Don't talk about something you know nothing about...

Its not "a pile of poo". Its a good racetrack. It was waterlogged on Friday. As long as we get no rain before Wednesday we will likely see good racing against Wolves on Wednesday. The amount of rain we had last Tuesday put the track underwater, stopping practice. Unfortunately it still hadn't dried out enough by Friday night. Whether the promotion knew of the problem or were unaware is a different issue, though the riders were all happy to start the meeting.

If you actually think Poole is a bad racetrack, you need to venture to some away meetings where on some tracks you will be lucky to see much passing. We are lucky in that the Poole curcuit produces fast racing and plenty of passing.

Only track I would trade Wimborne Road in for is Belle Vues, which is head and shoulders better than every other track, possibly in the world.

It was a good race track many years ago but has been badly maintained.

I don't buy the weak excuses of a wet track as I have seen many GP's,European & World Cup meetings raced in very bad conditions.

I never watch Wimborne live as you just fast forward after bend three lap one,

The meetings I've watched on Sky from Wimborne Road over the last couple of years have been exactly like that :t:

The only exception I can remember is when Edward Kennett made a good start once. :shock:

This is just Sky meetings though, so most weeks obviously :rofl:

• Like 1

Kings Lynn monmore Peterborough 3 tracks as good as Poole or better I'm sure there are more

Lynn is gate and go for the ladt few years, Monmore is slowway, passing yes when the away rider wobbles around as its so small. Will witness it tomorrow night and probably watch top riders like KK wobble like a novice, not my cup of tea. Peterborough can be great not in the top league though no point comparing. May as well say Polish tracks.

We are lucky at Poole to have a good home track, regardless of what others say.

Lynn is gate and go for the ladt few years, Monmore is slowway, passing yes when the away rider wobbles around as its so small. Will witness it tomorrow night and probably watch top riders like KK wobble like a novice, not my cup of tea. Peterborough can be great not in the top league though no point comparing. May as well say Polish tracks.

We are lucky at Poole to have a good home track, regardless of what others say.

Steve the weather in Poole has been nothing short of diabolical, your wasting your breath mate.

It was a good racetrack, now it is up to your promotion to put things right.Looking back to last year how true was Chris Holder's comments at least now he has a decent home track to race on.