British Speedway Forum

But Poole are in the Premiership (EL) not the Championship (PL).

According to the BSPA you use the relevant average for the league in question. So he would ride in Championship on his old PL average, and in the Premiership on his old EL average (x 1.4).

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/794196140036096000

" @speedwaygb The average of the relevant league for a rider with two averages."

That is clearly referring to averages that come into effect once the riders get new averages next year.

Not disputing that. Still expect several below key performances as per usual.

You can get that with any rider though Steve. I seem to remember Fast Freddie not being quite so fast when he guested for Coventry in the PO semi final in 2015.......

• Like 2

In the grand scheme of things a great looking side unlike the cack we are putting together at Swindon ,oh well at least our season will see two different tracks (maybe) and the season in the new one will only last from July til August.....

You can get that with any rider though Steve. I seem to remember Fast Freddie not being quite so fast when he guested for Coventry in the PO semi final in 2015.......

Freddie was quite poor against Poole in a meeting earlier in the year and his average tells you he wasn't exactly banging in maximums all season.

Hans may not be the rider he was but far from a spent force, not expecting him to maintain his average neither will KK but both will not be far from the top of the averages come the end of the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave it mate, they are all lining up to bash us whoever we sign.

Brady will be at Poole.

I think Brady would come back a far better rider... Don't forget last season was a massive learning curve..

Edited by Starman2006

Freddie was dreadfully slow all season long in 2015!

I'm not. Didn't have many for Coventry.

Had the usual handful of meetings when he couldn't be bothered, you did watch the match at Blunsdon on Sky didn't you?

• Like 1

Is it? So where is it written which average riders start with if they have 2 averages?

Using the relevant average for the league in question would be the commonsense way, although using the average that suits Poole best is more likely to be the BSPA option....but where is it actually written down?

Also, what will the team building average in the Premiership (EL) be once everyone gets new averages?

Obvioulsy the new team averages will tend towards 42. So if the limit stays at 50, everyone will be able to massively strengthen up and bankrupt the league.

If they continue to adjust the averages by a factor of 1.4, the new averages will tend towards 42 x 1.4 = 58.8 . So if the limit stays at 50 it will prevent the weaker teams strengthening up and potentially mean that any team having an injury could be stuffed for a replacement.

You need to read the BSPA post-AGM statement. Premiership and Championship riders averages will be based on their 2016 PL average. Anyone only having ridden Elite in 2016 will have their final average multiplied by 1.4

You correctly raise the issue of what happens to the team average of 50 when the first set of official averages are achieved?! This has not been clarified but most assume it will drop to around 40-43. However that still leaves the question as to what average will riders come in on that haven't been signed up to start the season. For example if Chris Holder doesn't get a starting place in the Premiership on 12.53 will his average revert to his actual 2016 EL average 8.95 once the team building figure has been reduced?

• Like 2

Interesting today to find out that Kacper G, Buzz and Cyfer all can't get a job in the UK. I thought Kacper G would easily get one after blue riband which was equal to

Harris.

Kacper G= Would be a good Leicester rider IMO

Buzz= Belle Vue would be good on big track

Cyfer= Anywhere in the UK probs a championship team.

Buzz is an excellent value signing. Any side looking for a 3rd hl (or going top heavy with 4 hl) he would be a very good option.

They do but looking at the two teams I would fancy our chances over dads army any day. Certainly RH will be almost unbeatable at home. But so will Poole.

Well done Matt. Done it again. Most Poole fans should be happy with the 2017 lineup.

Roll on March!

Have to agree with you Shov. Excellent looking side. Once again, love 'Em or hate 'Em, this team will pull the punters in big style. Most posters are liking the Rye team, but for me, the Pirates look really solid.

Fingers crossed for Nicolai Klindt.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd see posted on this forum.

• Like 3

Freddie was dreadfully slow all season long in 2015!

Had the usual handful of meetings when he couldn't be bothered, you did watch the match at Blunsdon on Sky didn't you?

It seems Freddie had more can't be bothered meetings!

It seems Freddie had more can't be bothered meetings!

In 2015 yea, although let's not mention how poor a certain blonde Pole was in 2015. :wink:

Hmmmm, that habit of repeating a riders christian name throughout posts is familiar.

• Like 4