British Speedway Forum

1. KK=11.07

2. Holder=7.16

3. Michelsen=7.94

4.Newman=6.31

5. Vaculik=9.80

6.Klindt= 5.42

7. Shanes=2.00

Now we get KK this would be a team and a half. This might have been Matt's plan.

No doubt if Poole had of got Vaculik they'd of kept C.Holder.

If the BSPA stick to the PL regulations Vaculik would be an 8.00

1. C.Holder 12.53

2. J.Holder 7.16

3. Kurtz 7.65

4. Newman 6.31

5. Vaculik 8.00

6. Klindt 5.42

7. Shanes 2.00

1. KK=11.07

2. Holder=7.16

3. Michelsen=7.94

4.Newman=6.31

5. Vaculik=9.80

6.Klindt= 5.42

7. Shanes=2.00

Now we get KK this would be a team and a half. This might have been Matt's plan.

However he did say Hans was always coming back.

Surprised season ticket prices have been released before the final signing has been announced.......

Everyone knows who it is anyway! :D

Vaculik would be 11.2 (8x1.4)

potentially not...

I can see where Danny is coming from. The highest average a rider could enter the old PL on was 8.00.

If they are using old PL figures (precedent with Andersen at Swindon) for assessments then 8.00 could be right....

potentially not...

I can see where Danny is coming from. The highest average a rider could enter the old PL on was 8.00.

If they are using old PL figures (precedent with Andersen at Swindon) for assessments then 8.00 could be right....

Really? Why look for loopholes? Not that it would happen but Vaculik would be on the average stevebrum said if he is riding in the Premiership. Do you honestly think that Vaculik would be able to join the old PL on an 8 average? :rolleyes: Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

potentially not...

I thought they were using the (old PL) means of assessing all new foreigners on a 7 which to me is perfectly pitched.

Not sure anyone can suggest that whilst a newcomer with minimal experience is assessed a point lower than a GP rider for 2017!

That of course is assuming no one was trying to abuse the rules through a loophole? ?

We already have and had a precedent set for (top flight/EL) standard riders in which leagues they ride abroad. Given Vaculik matches all those criterias I would find it hard for anyone to argue about using the PL standard assessment.

Vaculik ticks all boxes for top flight standard assessment.

Really? Why look for loopholes? Not that it would happen but Vaculik would be on the average stevebrum said if he is riding in the Premiership. Do you honestly think that Vaculik would be able to join the old PL on an 8 average? :rolleyes:

didnt say i thought it was right - just i can see the logic.

Look at the 2016 PL regs and decide which category Vaculik fits.....

All it shows is there shouldve been a full list of potential assessments available from the time of the agm to avoid any doubt for any rider.

He was never going to ride in this country no matter what average he'd come in on.

Yet more good publicity for Ford for a nothing story.

• Like 2

However he did say Hans was always coming back.

Everyone knows who it is anyway! :D

Do they? Rather makes the very important method of timed press releases pointless then! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

PIRATES chief Matt Ford has first option to sign Australian star Troy Batchelor for the 2017 season.

Ford has more than eight points with which to recruit his final rider and former Grand Prix charger Batchelor, who last rode for Poole in 2007, would fit into the septet.

Kacper Gomolski (7.71) would be another possibility, while Ford could turn to Pirates asset Brady Kurtz (7.65) for a second straight year.

The Poole promoter has first call on the likes of Batchelor and Gomolski as he was granted access to the retained list of former Peterborough co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney when they took a step back from the sport.

It is understood the arrangement is due to continue for one more year as it is a three-year maximum period.

Ford has a close relationship with Frost and Mahoney given the duo's plant hire company, Readypower, has been Pirates' main team sponsor for the past two years.

The club is currently in the process of searching for a replacement sponsor since the Readypower deal came to a close.

Src: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14962426.Speedway__Pirates_have_first_option_on_Batchelor/

Edited by BurntFaceMan

It will be Kurtz......all to predictable, the Batch thing is a smoke screen to try and generate excitement..........or Poole are worried about how good this Kings Lynn team are looking

• Like 1