British Speedway Forum

Too loyal imo.

the reason was they were more a family club In which they still are ps nice to have decent conversation without the usual suspects

true but loyal

I'm afraid loyalty doesn't pay the bills!

It's funny how loyalty doesn't seem to come into the equation when the rider is performing badly. When Poole kicked out Davey Watt a whole bunch of people were up in arms. Then Davey moved to Leicester and... continued to be crap, and nobody could care less about loyalty.

The only thing that should really be taken into consideration when signing a rider is their ability to achieve or exceed their average. There are of course other factors, for example, the effect their presence has on other riders performances and their ability to "put bums on seats", but generally it's a numbers game.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

At the end of the day speedway riders are self employed, they are given work in the UK on a supply and demand basis and I don't believe that either they or the clubs who provide them with contacts owe each other anything. Therefore loyalty isn't really a factor IMO.

• Like 2

At the end of the day speedway riders are self employed, they are given work in the UK on a supply and demand basis and I don't believe that either they or the clubs who provide them with contacts owe each other anything. Therefore loyalty isn't really a factor IMO.

We've had loads of riders over the years who have spent seasons and seasons at Lynn, surely that is loyalty on both sides?

We've had loads of riders over the years who have spent seasons and seasons at Lynn, surely that is loyalty on both sides?

and maybe that's the reason we've never won the top league we've been too loyal .

Of course there will be riders who like 'their' club and the promotion will like them but from year to year the points limit can rule them out of they might be offered a better deal elsewhere, that's just how it is. Lord Ford gets a lot of justified criticism but he always builds his teams to win the league regardless of 'loyalty' and that's exactly how it should be.

Holder shouldn't be surprised, Poole never show loyalty, they just want to win! I'm not saying that's bad, it's just who they are! Their 2017 team is the best by far imo!

Holder shouldn't be surprised, Poole never show loyalty, they just want to win!

Perhaps, but doubtful if Holder had stayed with Poole the year he decided to do GPs, Sweden & Poland only they'd have stuck with him this year? TBH as a top two pair I'd take Holder & Lambert over the ageing Andersen & Kasprzak.

Edited by Col

Perhaps, but doubtful if Holder had stayed with Poole the year he decided to do GPs, Sweden & Poland only they'd have stuck with him this year? TBH as a top two pair I'd take Holder & Lambert over the ageing Andersen & Kasprzak.

Ageing Kasprzak?? He's only 3 years older than Holder!!

What a cold world you would live in if everything was Black and White. No, Loyalty is not a demand nor a condition of a contract, but it is important and generates much togetherness, confidence,, connection with the fans , responsibility, all attributes that encourages fans to go and watch.

I am sure Holder has shown a lot of Loyalty to Poole over the years, as have Poole shown to Holder. In this case there wasn't enough loyalty to overcome certain issues, but don't let this make people think that 'Loyalty Means Nothing' because its an important virtue in everyone's life.........

• Like 5

What a cold world you would live in if everything was Black and White. No, Loyalty is not a demand nor a condition of a contract, but it is important and generates much togetherness, confidence,, connection with the fans , responsibility, all attributes that encourages fans to go and watch.

I am sure Holder has shown a lot of Loyalty to Poole over the years, as have Poole shown to Holder. In this case there wasn't enough loyalty to overcome certain issues, but don't let this make people think that 'Loyalty Means Nothing' because its an important virtue in everyone's life.........

Correct, promoters and riders are likely to go the extra mile when loyalty is felt, sadly though in some cases team building within points limits has unfortunate barrings.

Not much in it and the extra room on the averages helps Poole lower down the order. I've always felt, rightly or wrongly, with KK that as goes the first ride so goes the rest of the night -- he seems to be a rider more boosted/affected by the early tone of a meeting. He should have a decent season in what appears a pretty strong line-up.

Just in passing, I've seen a theory aired on here to the effect that Kasprzak always goes better for Poole. A quick look at the historical averages on the BSPA site appears to indicate that his high-water marks, average-wise, were in 2007 and 2010 with Arena Essex and Coventry respectively. I'm assuming those to be misprints.

Not much in it and the extra room on the averages helps Poole lower down the order. I've always felt, rightly or wrongly, with KK that as goes the first ride so goes the rest of the night -- he seems to be a rider more boosted/affected by the early tone of a meeting. He should have a decent season in what appears a pretty strong line-up.

Just in passing, I've seen a theory aired on here to the effect that Kasprzak always goes better for Poole. A quick look at the historical averages on the BSPA site appears to indicate that his high-water marks, average-wise, were in 2007 and 2010 with Arena Essex and Coventry respectively. I'm assuming those to be misprints.

People in the the past have moaned about his form for other teams but really there are very few times this has happened and Poole fans generally would say he has never let us down even when guesting. KK is a fantastic rider who had a very poor GP season a couple of years ago which has taken time to recover from but he rode better last season and back at Poole where he has always been highly thought of i am sure he will have a great season.

People in the the past have moaned about his form for other teams but really there are very few times this has happened and Poole fans

Have to disagree. You don't get sacked by 3 clubs because it's only happened a few times.

We know most of the riders have off spells or struggle for periods in a season.

KK has probably the worst example of off form or disinterest of all the modern day top standard riders.

I doubt it will happen for Poole, however one thing you can be sure of with MF. If it does it will be sacking number 4!