British Speedway Forum

poole speedway this yr seems to have completly gone down the pan,right from the very first meeting,there is a member of the promoting team who has absolutely no people skills and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the general public but is increasingly confronting people with his bad attitude,bad language and arrogance,the speedway fraternity is a small band and there is not an endless supply of fans to p--ss off.(closing the forum childish and a further display of arrogance)

Forums cost money mate. lots of it, matt did say this would happen.. All his cost are the same if not higher.

Is this the same sponsor who used to slag the promotion/club off on social media when they were involved and continued to want to sponsor at the club but they were told to hop it?

I don't go on either but the guys from Piratecast said it was a lot better recently with Starman being banned!

Is that right Lisa. Piratecast is no more either...

Edited by Starman2006

Ford seems adamant that Kyle will return to Poole at some stage,but has anyone asked Newman.According to the Echo he states "I deserve more loyalty than that".To me that doesn't sound like a foregone conclusion.

That is because he loves Poole and loves the club may have a different view of Matt Ford right now!

Would be amazed of it is too long before Newman is back on a pirates race jacket on a very nice 3.5 average. Can see a very strong Poole team come the play offs.

He will have to do more meetings for another team before he gets a reduced average won't he?

Was he? :rofl:

I must confess that I didn't use it much in recent times due to the guff playgroud it had become...and he was one of the main culprits to be fair.

Not been on there for 3 months now.

As you say the writing has been on the wall with that for a few years and I had seen an improvement (i.e. a couple of inane posters had seemed to have disappeared in recent times) however the sacking of Kyle has lead to a bit of a meltdown. I posted on there only yesterday morning to return today to see it gone all but the updates section! I never understood why peptalk didn't just ban the continual offending posters as he policed the forum admirably (unlike on here).

For what it's worth this move by Matt Ford has surprised me as he really has alienated a fairly large section of supporters. Kyle, whilst never pulling up tress, has be a fantastic, reliable and hugely loyal Poole rider for the last 4-5 years and that has earned him a hell of a lot of love on the terraces. His never say die style of riding (when fully fit) was always a joy to watch.

Whilst I tend to agree with most of Matt's rider management (but not always his business acumen!), this is a very poor decision which may cost him in more ways than one.

Then make him an offer, and buy him out.. You wouldn't know where to start...

2. There seems to be lots of backlash on Twitter. This is a general rule for most Poole fans, in two weeks time when we beat Leicester 60-30 or whatever in the future they will come back. The team is bigger than a rider and yes i respect loyalty but this is a result based business. I would rather win a title than keep Kyle in the team.

4. Matt, wants to win and would rather upset a few people. Titles=Big name sponsors and bigger than the ones with Kyle. He is setting up this team not only for the push but also for next season. This team is set up for Magic to walk into next season and he will because there is rumours he will drop Sweden for the UK.

I would rather both, Yes Matt wants to win, rightly so..

Unless you kiss Fords ass on the Poole forum he don't like it the bloke is simply childish and pathetic.

Go tell that to his face then..

Not been on there for 3 months now.

Then make him an offer, and buy him out.. You wouldn't know where to start...

I would rather both, Yes Matt wants to win, rightly so..

Go tell that to his face then..

I very much doubt if Matt Ford would want anyone to buy him out and I very much doubt he would want to speak to any fan about Kyle Newman either.

When you have been the most successful club for a number of years and then drop to 'just another side' , then sometimes the desperation to keep winning becomes an irritant and you make rash decisions , ones that are not always right.

Maybe it is getting to the time for Matt Ford to think about bowing out. Bit like Arsene Wenger should for Arsenal....at some point things come to an end

• Like 1

not so sure about the buying out bit blue!!

You could be right but he purchased Klindt from Wolves this season, bit of a strange thing to do if he was selling up.

You could be right but he purchased Klindt from Wolves this season, bit of a strange thing to do if he was selling up.

An asset he can sell with the club...

I would think with the crowds at the level they are at the moment Matt must be looking at all options

• Like 1

Well if he does sell up, hope he just doesn't sell to any old person like Sandhu did.

• Like 2

That is because he loves Poole and loves the club may have a different view of Matt Ford right now!

He will have to do more meetings for another team before he gets a reduced average won't he?

Not sure on that as rule states that when averages are changed, riders who have not done 4/4 will be averaged based on rides taken. This could mean Kyle would be a good signing for another club but if that is so would benefit Poole in Zengi's case as his average would drop to just above 4 & leave points to play with to make another change. Not sure if Ford would want KK back as he has gone off the boil lately.

Edited by DunRobin

Well if he does sell up, hope he just doesn't sell to any old person like Sandhu did.

surely he would not be that cruel!!

Mick Horton at Poole, ooooooh that would be exciting :lol:

• Like 1