British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Speedway 2017 News,line-ups, Rumours Etc

see Lewis v Averay and Little v Ingram

I double dare you to use those as arguements in a court of law.

The fact is that Kodi, web streamers, and satellite card sharers and their users are all on dodgy legal ground. IF you have paid a subscription to the TV Channel then all well and good. If on the other hand you are like the majority of speedway fans, looking for a bit of a freebie, looking for a cheap way of getting your fix, then go ahead if you like. Just accept the risks and take the punishment if you ever get caught. After all, it'll NEVER happen to you will it?

Oh, and don't thing that just because you are like most speedway fans, and too old to need a television license any more, you don't need to subscribe to subscription channels. That one won't work either.

I double dare you to use those as arguements in a court of law.

The fact is that Kodi, web streamers, and satellite card sharers and their users are all on dodgy legal ground. IF you have paid a subscription to the TV Channel then all well and good. If on the other hand you are like the majority of speedway fans, looking for a bit of a freebie, looking for a cheap way of getting your fix, then go ahead if you like. Just accept the risks and take the punishment if you ever get caught. After all, it'll NEVER happen to you will it?

Oh, and don't thing that just because you are like most speedway fans, and too old to need a television license any more, you don't need to subscribe to subscription channels. That one won't work either.

I'm rather confused, are you aiming these comments at me?

Fact is,no company is going to be bothered about a handful of people in the UK who are watching streams.Speedway isn't big enough for that.Football is another matter,but i don't see too much in the news about companies going after people watching illegal streams either.They might go after those providing them.And as a news item i posted here about a year ago stated,it is only when you have actually downloaded something that they even bother to try and track someone down.Look at a stream without a downöoad and you are fairly safe,particularly with speedway.It isn't even as if you might have popped down to watch it live........

It's worth keeping an eye open to how this case goes - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/kodi-box-court-case-shop-12086720

And another development worth keeping an eye open to is this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38583357

As i have already said,not really a problem for someone at home watching streams.That has nowt to do with those on this forum,just people who sell boxes or download things.

Polsat gonna broadcast two PLŻ meetings a week but only one of those will be shown in a free to watch Polsat channel. The other will be in Super Polsat which is a paid channel.

This information is of course for those who aren't thieves who steal signal.

Is the free to air channel, the Polsat I get on my NC + decoder by any chance? I assumed they'd be on Polsat Sport which I need to get a new box which will receive NC and Cryfra.

I have had a Polish satellite subscription or the last few seasons, it's not expensive. If Sweden would allow their boxes in the U.K. I'd subscribe to that too. A stream isn't legal as others have said, plus I can record meetings, pause etc. Brilliant!

Edited by losthammer

Sadly you're right. It's going to be Polsat Sport and Super Polsat. Dunno about NC+ offer but I assumed that Polsat Sport is in every network in basic package. I have cable from UPC which includes basically every Polish sport channel excluding Eleven.

Sorry for confusion.

PS. Yeah. Those others think they're not thieves since they can't be fined. Ahhhh... Morality...

Can you answer me this- are Polish subscription viewing cards legal if used outside Poland ?

Can you answer me this- are Polish subscription viewing cards legal if used outside Poland ?

Yes, I have an NC+ decoder, satellite dish and NC+ subscription card. All legal and above board.

Sadly you're right. It's going to be Polsat Sport and Super Polsat. Dunno about NC+ offer but I assumed that Polsat Sport is in every network in basic package. I have cable from UPC which includes basically every Polish sport channel excluding Eleven.

Sorry for confusion.

PS. Yeah. Those others think they're not thieves since they can't be fined (YET). Ahhhh... Morality...

If it's on Polsat Sport that's not on NC+. I checked my box and the free to air Polsat channel plus Super Polsat are on NC+. A real bummer as I will have to take out another subscription. Can I ask where you found this information as I can't find anything? Not doubting you, just want to make sure before I invest in new hardware etc. Edited by losthammer

"Heard" about it on sportowefakty. Seems legit though. Super Polsat is a channel that took place of Polsat Sport News.

Mind you its not official info.

Edit: Found It!!!

http://m.sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/662536/zuzlowe-mecze-nice-plz-miedzy-tancem-z-gwiazdami-i-must-be-the-music

It says that the meeting on Saturday (5 PM) will be shown either on Polsat Sport or Polsat Sport Extra and the Sunday's meeting (2:30 PM) will be broadcasted on Super Polsat.

It also says that "that's the plan" so it can probably change.

More info is that one match is on Saturday at 4pm uk time that is on Polsat sport and then one on Sunday at 1.30pm uk time on super Polsat channel.

Edit missed the edit above !!!!!

Edited by racers and royals

Good question. I take it you are referring to the legal and legit ones? It comes down to who has the copyright and broadcasting rights in other countries I think.

Look at Hulu. they are a big on-demand TV service in the USA. Try subscribing to their service from the UK and you'll get a message saying that you can't access their service due to these reasons. Likewise, DVD's are restricted to global zones too, with USA DVD's not always being able to be played on a UK DVD player.

I doubt whether the card or the box that you put the card in will be GPS equipped so it should work fine. Whether you are committing a crime in using it though may be a question that you want to ask of GoSpeed International Ltd, who boast the worldwide broadcasting and distribution rights to the Ekstraliga. They entered into the agreement to "broadcast and distribute" purely to stop anyone else from doing it, and so that they can block a better product (than the British EL Speedway) from being seen in the UK. If they ever woke up, opened their eyes and saw what was going down amongst speedway fans, they may get a little annoyed. And the thought of Terry Russell annoyed...well....

By the way - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/streaming-kodi-illegal-legal-sky-12491422

Stealing or not who gives a s**t i honestly don't loose any sleep over that one.If i could pay for that service i would and since i can't i watch it any way i can- rant over.

Edited by pawel115
  • Like 2

losthammer, on 14 Feb 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes, I have an NC+ decoder, satellite dish and NC+ subscription card. All legal and above board.
If it's on Polsat Sport that's not on NC+. I checked my box and the free to air Polsat channel plus Super Polsat are on NC+. A real bummer as I will have to take out another subscription. Can I ask where you found this information as I can't find anything? Not doubting you, just want to make sure before I invest in new hardware etc.

Using NC+ decoder outside of Poland is ILLEGAL https://forum.ncplus...koder-za-granicą

I have been viewing Polish speedway for 8 years, buying a card from a Polish person UK based. (Tried buying a card when in Poland with no luck - not resident). Last year a Polish satellite company UK based sold me a card and a NC+ decoder box. This box broke so the company returned it to NC+ Poland and they replaced it with a new box.

So I don't know if I am legal or illegal to receive Polish TV sport?

• Like 1

Part of the reason why satellite broadcasters encrypt their signals is to do with their great intention of not breaching broadcasting rights or copyrights, which have been paid for by other broadcasters in other countries. The theory is, that if Sky have encryption system A and sell it's decoders in the UK only, their broadcast of Man United v Liverpool will only be seen in the UK, by it's subscribers. Canal+ will have paid for the rights to broadcast the same match in France and another Canal+ will have paid to broadcast the same match to Spain, etc etc all over the continent (or even the world!) Canal+ will use encryption system B in France, encryption system C in Spain, etc and so on. The theory and good intention is that the match is seen by those in each country who pay each national broadcaster their subscription to decode the signal. So the Spanish don't see the French version etc.

The broadcasting rights of blockbuster movies are paid for by national broadcasters in the same way to the Hollywood studios.

There will always be people who find ways around the system. Look at the number of Ex-Pats in Spain who watch Sky, or the number of Poles in the UK who watch the Polish stations here. All I can say is enjoy it while you can, and be prepared to deal with the consequences.

In particular, the way that Kodi media streams are now being monitored by the major ISP's (who themselves are providers of encrypted content) my guess is that it won't be long before Sky, Virgin and BT amongst others start putting barriers in the ay of people streaming illegal (NOT paid for) content. I doubt for a minute that Sky, BT and Virgin enjoy the irony of their own encrypted subscription content being streamed free of charge down their own internet connections.