British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Speedway 2017 News,line-ups, Rumours Etc

Someone out of Emil, Nicki, Kildemand and the 3 Poles Zengota, Piotr Pawlicki and Kolodziej is going to be left out every week and will not be happy !!!!

STILL a pretty impressive squad!

Need some help and advice from seasoned travellers, are the tracks in Poland, mainly Gorzow and Torun easily accessable by train from Germany, thinking of visiting both these tracks, using the airport at Berlin Schonfled. hope I have spelt that right.

Flights from Luton or Stansted regular go to the airport at Berlin Schonfled, and these tracks, especially Gorzow, I can see there are rail connections that go from the airport at Berlin to Poland, and after seeing the start times published above, it appears to me that a day trip if the flights allow it could be easily arranged, I am looking forward to planning and visiting some league Polish matches this season, not just the Grand Prix one's. Anyone got any advice.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

For Toruń GP it will be easier to fly from Stansted to Bydgoszcz (flights every day at the morning) and then by train or bus to Toruń.

Thanks to R&R for updating. Zielona Gora, Gorzow & Lezno look strong. Wroclaw & Czestochowa could lose to a British Premiership team away :)

Need some help and advice from seasoned travellers, are the tracks in Poland, mainly Gorzow and Torun easily accessable by train from Germany, thinking of visiting both these tracks, using the airport at Berlin Schonfled. hope I have spelt that right.

Flights from Luton or Stansted regular go to the airport at Berlin Schonfled, and these tracks, especially Gorzow, I can see there are rail journeys that go from the airport at Berlin to Poland, and after seeing the start times published above, it appears to me that a day trip if the flights allow it could be easily arranged, I am looking forward to planning and visiting some league Polish matches this season, not just the Grand Prix one's. Anyone got any advice.

I did quite a bit of research for this thread http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=79640 some of the flight times have probably changed but very much doable.

Looks as if this is the line-up for the NICE POLSKA league in 2017

Rzeszow

Daugavpils

Lodz

Tarnow

Pila

Gdansk

Krakow

Bydgoszcz

Looks as if this is the line up for div 2 in 2017

Krosno

Rawicz

Opole

Gniezno

Lublin

Poznan

Ostrow

Edited by racers and royals

Call me cynical but Nicki pedersen had been rumoured to be on his way out of leszno cause basically they wanted the Nicki of old not the loved up one they got last season, he has posted on his social media that he had been in Poland having meetings with other teams , then out of the blue him and barbie announce they have split up cause "they couldn't make it work" , roll on a couple of weeks and again out of the blue leszno resign him for this season and the very next day surprise surprise him and barbie are back together

• Like 1

Flights from Luton or Stansted regular go to the airport at Berlin Schonfled, and these tracks, especially Gorzow, I can see there are rail journeys that go from the airport at Berlin to Poland, and after seeing the start times published above, it appears to me that a day trip if the flights allow it could be easily arranged, I am looking forward to planning and visiting some league Polish matches this season, not just the Grand Prix one's. Anyone got any advice.

Gorzow is about a 3 hour rail journey from Berlin, but add to that you need to get to Berlin Lichtenberg railway station by U/S Bahn first, as that's where that particular train departs from NOT the Hauptbahnhof that you would expect. You also have to change trains, usually, at the border at Kostrzyn. If you insist on using this route, buy a ticket from Berlin to Kostrzyn and then when you are there buy a second ticket from Kostrzyn to Gorzow. You'll save Deutsche Bahn's €20 border crossing premium. You can also get to Zielona Gora by train from Kostrzyn too. As regards thinking of it as a day trip, I wouldn't bother. The big meetings are usually 7pm starts and getting a night train after a meeting, allowing for the time you need to get between stadium and station makes that an impractical proposition. Best to book a hotel locally and head back to Berlin on the Monday. Think of a trip as a weekend break, not a day trip. Not even the speedway riders (who you'll likely bump into at the airports) fly to the UK until the Monday at the earliest.

Given the choice I'd opt to fly to Poznan. It's about 2hrs 20 mins by direct train to Gorzow (3ish hours if you get the connection where you have to change at Krzyz) and there are frequent flights there from Luton (Wizzair) and Stansted (Ryanair etc) One added advantage to this option is that if you fly Friday or early Saturday, you could see a Poznan home meeting on the Saturday before carrying on to Gorzow on the Sunday.

The train from Berlin to Torun takes about 6 hours and depending on your connection can involve between one to 4 changes of train. Most people going to Torun fly Ryanair to Bydgoszcz where it's about a 1 hour train ride to Torun. You can also fly to Gdansk and take the train or bus from there (2-3 hours) Wroclaw, Leszno and the other Extraliga tracks are not really an easy rail journey away from Berlin either. Best to look for local Polish airports. I've flown in and out of Bydgoszcz, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Szczecin, Krakow and Katowice, and they are all perfectly good airports with decent connections to the local towns. Weighing up pros and cons, Berlin will need a big feather in its cap to overcome the disadvantage of distance compared with the local airport alternatives.

Useful web sites:

http://www.bahn.de/

http://en.e-podroznik.pl/public/index.do?

http://www.polskibus.com/pl/index.htm

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Gorzow is about a 3 hour rail journey from Berlin, but add to that you need to get to Berlin Lichtenberg railway station by U/S Bahn first, as that's where that particular train departs from NOT the Hauptbahnhof that you would expect. You also have to change trains, usually, at the border at Kostrzyn. If you insist on using this route, buy a ticket from Berlin to Kostrzyn and then when you are there buy a second ticket from Kostrzyn to Gorzow. You'll save Deutsche Bahn's €20 border crossing premium. You can also get to Zielona Gora by train from Kostrzyn too. As regards thinking of it as a day trip, I wouldn't bother. The big meetings are usually 7pm starts and getting a night train after a meeting, allowing for the time you need to get between stadium and station makes that an impractical proposition. Best to book a hotel locally and head back to Berlin on the Monday. Think of a trip as a weekend break, not a day trip. Not even the speedway riders (who you'll likely bump into at the airports) fly to the UK until the Monday at the earliest.

Given the choice I'd opt to fly to Poznan. It's about 2hrs 20 mins by direct train to Gorzow (3ish hours if you get the connection where you have to change at Krzyz) and there are frequent flights there from Luton (Wizzair) and Stansted (Ryanair etc) One added advantage to this option is that if you fly Friday or early Saturday, you could see a Poznan home meeting on the Saturday before carrying on to Gorzow on the Sunday.

The train from Berlin to Torun takes about 6 hours and depending on your connection can involve between one to 4 changes of train. Most people going to Torun fly Ryanair to Bydgoszcz where it's about a 1 hour train ride to Torun. You can also fly to Gdansk and take the train or bus from there (2-3 hours) Wroclaw, Leszno and the other Extraliga tracks are not really an easy rail journey away from Berlin either. Best to look for local Polish airports. I've flown in and out of Bydgoszcz, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Szczecin, Krakow and Katowice, and they are all perfectly good airports with decent connections to the local towns. Weighing up pros and cons, Berlin will need a big feather in its cap to overcome the disadvantage of distance compared with the local airport alternatives.

Useful web sites:

http://www.bahn.de/

http://en.e-podroznik.pl/public/index.do?

http://www.polskibus.com/pl/index.htm

Brilliant idea's there, thank you, will be chasing up on them ideas,

is anyone here actually interested in the Polish lowest league or is it just me? :P

Motor Lublin 2017:

Daniel Jeleniewski
Maciej Kuciapa
Paweł Miesiąc
Bjarne Pedersen
Patrick Hansen
Robert Lambert
Stanisław Burza
Eryk Borczuch
Kamil Brzeziński
Dawid Flis
Maciej Kuromonow
Emil Peroń
Krystian Włodarczyk

is anyone here actually interested in the Polish lowest league or is it just me? :P

Motor Lublin 2017:

Daniel Jeleniewski

Maciej Kuciapa

Paweł Miesiąc

Bjarne Pedersen

Patrick Hansen

Robert Lambert

Stanisław Burza

Eryk Borczuch

Kamil Brzeziński

Dawid Flis

Maciej Kuromonow

Emil Peroń

Krystian Włodarczyk

no must just be you couldn't give a toss about polish leagues all they

do is balls it up for everyone else and cant see why the riders bother either

half of them don't get paid

David Bellego signs for KSM Krosno

Adam Ellis signs for Ostrow

Josh Grajczonek signs for Stal Rzeszow as does Dimitri Berge

no must just be you couldn't give a toss about polish leagues all they

do is balls it up for everyone else and cant see why the riders bother either

half of them don't get paid

Not at all, there is many of us interested in speedway overseas.