British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Speedway 2017 News,line-ups, Rumours Etc

Is this definitely in the old stadium?

I'm not sure- on the Lodz website there is a clock counting down to the stadium completition. I work this out to early September so it could be the opening meeting at the new stadium.

Can we get N sport on any sky channels here in the UK, does anyone know.

You'd need a motorised satellite dish (or one dish pointing at the satellite beaming down Sky channels and another that beams down the Polish TV) In addition you'd need the appropriate decoder. Some decoders require cards, and others obtain their decryption off the internet. You'd need about £400-£500 if you were starting from scratch, to get all the hardware set up.

After that though, with the right set-up, and with the "right" (hem, hem) decoder, you can use online decryption (about €100pa including UK stations), and cancel your Sky subscription, and save a whole packet of money. during the course of the year. The hardware is a "one-off" purchase, so future years become even cheaper. No more or no less legal than the KODI alternative that people keep referring to, but with a guaranteed FULL HD resolution on the Polish sports TV station on your big TV, rather than a matchbox sized video on your PC screen.

I'm not sure- on the Lodz website there is a clock counting down to the stadium completition. I work this out to early September so it could be the opening meeting at the new stadium.

I am told that it will be the opening meeting at the new stadium. So lets hope that a certain Mr Gordon/Mr Morton have nothing to do with this new enterprise.

I am told that it will be the opening meeting at the new stadium. So lets hope that a certain Mr Gordon/Mr Morton have nothing to do with this new enterprise.

OR indeed the people responsible for making a mess of the Belle Vue track...

• Like 1

Am going to Ziolona Gora v Gorzow on August 13th. One question, haven't been to that stadium before, do they do advance tickets or just pay on day?

Am going to Ziolona Gora v Gorzow on August 13th. One question, haven't been to that stadium before, do they do advance tickets or just pay on day?

Biggest local derby(and hatred) in Speedway !!!! forget buying a ticket on the day. Your only chance will be from Zielona Gora when the match tickets go on sale.

A guesstimate would be about 8 weeks before-sent you a pm

Thanks for your help. Some very useful info.

Interesting 2 page interview/article in this week's Speedway Star with Poland's Wojciech Stepniewski all about the new Polish rules!!

The interview is by Paul Burbidge so I guess the gist of it will also appear on the SGP website soon.

Edited by Skidder1

Do most Polish clubs sell meeting tickets on their website?

All the Extraleague clubs do and some of the other league teams do- checkout their websites for info. However availability of tickets isn't normally a problem- it's the actual completion of the purchase. Lack of English version and credit/debit card facilities being a big problem for non-Poles

All the Extraleague clubs do and some of the other league teams do- checkout their websites for info. However availability of tickets isn't normally a problem- it's the actual completion of the purchase. Lack of English version and credit/debit card facilities being a big problem for non-Poles

what do you mean, do they not accept English cards?

What I mean is it`s one big hassle- some do have some English translation but I have found it stops just when you want it to continue. plus they want social security numbers etc- which is fine for Polish people but real problem for foreigners.There ticket sales are rarely set up for non- Polish purchases. Personally I would just buy on the day- unless you are trying for tickets for Gorzow v Zielona Gora or Grudziadz v Torun.

• Like 1

If its not a local derby(Gorzow-Zielona Gora,Tarnow-Rzeszow,Wroclaw-Leszni etc) just buy them before match btw ticket in polish is "bilet" to buy is" kupie".

• Like 1