British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Dont be ridiculous. No one wants to see riders injured.

Then maybe not even suggest something as ridiculous in an attempt to level the playing field in the first place, just a thought.

• Like 1

'The only chance is if a couple of Wolves riders got tangled up early doors and ruled themselves out of the rest of the meeting..............'

How's that sound?

Shovlar is a clever enough bloke to be able to use the correct words to make his points if he so desired.

Pretty much what he said, he just gave examples.

I said the exact same thing last night at Monmore to someone who thought it was in the bag.. I basically said if Fred and PK collided first race and broke collarbones then we'd suddenly be in a mess. NOBODY, Shovlar included wants that, but meetings can swing on such incidents..

Look at the GP as a perfect example.

A complete anti climax for the neutral fan. No matter how much hope BV fans have of pulling it back is Bob Hope or no hope. And Bob has left the building.

A pretty boring first leg full of gate and go or a mistake from a BV rider allowing the dialled in Wolves team to clear off did not thrill the neutral. In fact, was last night the most boring playoff final meeting on record? Wolves fans will of course be lapping it up but I thought it was dire entertainment. Cant blame Wolves riders though. Basically the championship has been won by the team with the biggest home advantage.

Commiserations to BV. A decent effort. Hooefully this winter will see things happening to allow you to be there ir thereabouts again.

I for one am looking forward to the second leg as i believe Belle Vue are more than capable of getting a lot of points back early on. Maybe even leading 13-5 or 14-4 after 3 heats then its game on.

Tai will be much stronger around Belle Vue than Wolves so they need to stop him scoring somehow.

Thorsell and Howarth outscored their opposite numbers 21 points to 1 last night.

At the NSS that will be a completely different outcome and i would expect Zagar and Nicholls to contribute more than 11 as well.

Im neutral so not worried who wins but this is by no means over and could end up being a classic.

Oh and Wolves last night only saw 1 rider wobbling which was Jacobs, struggling to see who else was but Speedway shouldnt just be about big fast tracks it takes all sorts. Mark Loram and Darcy Ward are 2 riders who could ride anything big or small just comes down to ability and application, something that Holder lacked last week, giving up before he started.

And some seem to forget that Belle Vue had won at Wolves so hardly huge home track advantage.

What is good to see is how gracious the Belle Vue fans are in defeat, no moaning or finding excuses just accepting they were outrode but yet hopeful of still pulling off the win so good to see, shame some other fans arent the same when they lose (foreverblue excepted)

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 4

Did think Wolves would give Belle Vue a bit of a doing, I can see them doing the same second leg to be honest – they just have a team now that is a lot better than Belle Vue, that and Belle Vue have just went off the boil slightly at the back end of the season, Steve Worrall in particular has been missing a beat for a month or so now.

Oh great , it's back!

It was a decent post.. ruined by immediately attacking Shovlar in the opening line!

It was a decent post.. ruined by immediately attacking Shovlar in the opening line!

Ive took that out now.

I will try to be more objective if i can

• Like 1

Think the point he is trying to make is that for Belle Vue to win they are going to need a helping hand from Wolves, engine failures, tape touching etc.

Well Belle Vue did seem in a generous mood last night but i don't see Wolves doing the same. They have a much more astute manager, it went so well i thought i saw him smile but it could have been a trick of the light!!

I for one am looking forward to the second leg as i believe Belle Vue are more than capable of getting a lot of points back early on. Maybe even leading 13-5 or 14-4 after 3 heats then its game on.

Tai will be much stronger around Belle Vue than Wolves so they need to stop him scoring somehow.

Thorsell and Howarth outscored their opposite numbers 21 points to 1 last night.

At the NSS that will be a completely different outcome and i would expect Zagar and Nicholls to contribute more than 11 as well.

Im neutral so not worried who wins but this is by no means over and could end up being a classic.

Oh and Wolves last night only saw 1 rider wobbling which was Jacobs, struggling to see who else was but Speedway shouldnt just be about big fast tracks it takes all sorts. Mark Loram and Darcy Ward are 2 riders who could ride anything big or small just comes down to ability and application, something that Holder lacked last week, giving up before he started.

And some seem to forget that Belle Vue had won at Wolves so hardly huge home track advantage.

What is good to see is how gracious the Belle Vue fans are in defeat, no moaning or finding excuses just accepting they were outrode but yet hopeful of still pulling off the win so good to see, shame some other fans arent the same when they lose (foreverblue excepted)

Always the exception, i like that !

I try to be objective too, top riders should be able to ride any track, Holder seems to have a mental block about small tracks. Most Belle Vue fans were gracious in defeat accepting that they rode badly, i say most because one comes to mind who wasn't!

Nicholls was terrific for Poole when he rode there so may be the pressure got to him as well, you would expect him to score double figures on his own, maybe having Sophie in the pits put him off, it would me!

Overall i can't see how they can keep Woffinden quiet on the wide open spaces at Belle Vue or Lindgren for that matter but Wolves do have some weaknesses although i think Howarth will give as good as he gets but Clegg may not trouble the scorers.

Many on here including you tell us Middlo is a poor manager but surely even you would agree Mark Lemon is much worse, Adams may not be laugh a minute but his calm persona is what is needed, no targets just get as many points as you can.

Oh great , it's back!

Oh no!!!!! 🙈🙈 And to think I've already ate my popcorn today, damn.
  • Like 1

think adams is great television,always look forward to his interviews,especially his response when someone asks him a stupid question

• Like 1

I try to be objective too, top riders should be able to ride any track, Holder seems to have a mental block about small tracks. Most Belle Vue fans were gracious in defeat accepting that they rode badly, i say most because one comes to mind who wasn't!

Nicholls was terrific for Poole when he rode there so may be the pressure got to him as well, you would expect him to score double figures on his own, maybe having Sophie in the pits put him off, it would me!

Overall i can't see how they can keep Woffinden quiet on the wide open spaces at Belle Vue or Lindgren for that matter but Wolves do have some weaknesses although i think Howarth will give as good as he gets but Clegg may not trouble the scorers.

Many on here including you tell us Middlo is a poor manager but surely even you would agree Mark Lemon is much worse, Adams may not be laugh a minute but his calm persona is what is needed, no targets just get as many points as you can.

I dont think Middlo is a poor manager tactics wise but he wasnt good for Team GB and his biggest issue is is social media stuff.

He was gracious in defeat last week i have to say.

Oh no!!!!! And to think I've already ate my popcorn today, damn.

Hi Lisa glad your pleased. Might not be about to long who knows.

Anyways have to say Newman was sensational in the play offs but where has that been all season?

I couldn't disagree more on Mark Lemon, he has been fantastic for Belle Vue and dont forget we topped the league. Of course he makes the odd mistake, but hes not as experienced yet as Adams or Middlo. I think Adams is great but it was only last season a lot on here were saying its time for him to go. Back on Lemon im not sure what mistake he made last night as i can't remember any being his fault, the only thing i would of done different was nicholls or zagar in 15 for Worrall.

I couldn't disagree more on Mark Lemon, he has been fantastic for Belle Vue and dont forget we topped the league. Of course he makes the odd mistake, but hes not as experienced yet as Adams or Middlo. I think Adams is great but it was only last season a lot on here were saying its time for him to go. Back on Lemon im not sure what mistake he made last night as i can't remember any being his fault, the only thing i would of done different was nicholls or zagar in 15 for Worrall.

You don't think putting Zagar on the worst gate for his tactical ride was a mistake! Madness should have waited to see how things were panning out and use him in a easier race. I konw you topped the league but it's the play offs that he really has to show his mettle.

Edited by foreverblue

If have done exactly the same. People were expecting these meetings to be really tight. That might have been our last chance of using a Tac Ride all night! It was a toss up between a guy who came last in his first race from the best gate or the GP star off a worse gate. Don't know if it was the "worst" as gate 3 had won 4 out of 5 (?) races at that point. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't imo.