British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

What did I say about how you come across the other day.. patronising, another fine example. Just because you don't agree with GWR comment's about Woffy does not make the comments ridiculous.

There wasn't anything to agree with, he was wrong, period.

All Woffinden did was turn up to race and was greeted with hostility. GRW is in the false belief that Woffinden instigated the situation, which is wrong.

• Like 1

But those fans mentioning his dad are scum so he was right saying it.

Yes, but if he called them that for just the booing then that is out of order imo.

Mauger probably the greatest rider ever took quite alot of flak over the years.For him i think he took it as a compliment as he knew most of the supporters in there own way respected him.Woffinden for me it was great how he reacted really bumped up the volume the occasion was on a knife edge all night.How many people will go to watch Tai again alot i recon by the way how exciting was Tai's riding on Wednesday brilliant.

• Like 1

I think Tai,s words on facebook says it all.(The scum that were booing me all night)No mention of classy comments as i am sure he heard none of them more so ones made on the back straight.So from his own comment he called Belle vue fans scum just for booing him.

I think he had the last laugh though when he won the EL for Wolves in heat 14.

• Like 2

Each and every club have fans who are passionate and boo certain riders... I loved to boo Nikki Pedersen when he returned. Doesn't need to be any malice, its just gamesmanship and bravado..

I've witnessed Preben Eriksen kick Kelvin Tatum entering the 3rd bend at Wolves and get away with it.. Seen grandmothers doing there knitting at Dudley Wood talking about the week and as soon as Sammo came out of the pits they turned into the hounds of hell, baying for blood!!

Great meetings, good times and Wolves won within the guidelines set for this year... Coventry did the same a few years ago with Kylmakorpi and alike......Poole try it every year, if something makes your team stronger (rider/bikes/track) then you have to use it to your advantage

Its a long time til the spring

• Like 4

What a refreshing change to see a manager reacting with calm dignity after securing victory rather than having to see the usual spectacle of (thinking mainly of football), managers going demented, gurning and aggressively punching the air seen usually in horrible slow motion high definition playback.

Someone earlier in this thread alluded to an apparent lack of passion from Peter Adams but personally I love his dead pan, low key manner.

• Like 4

What a refreshing change to see a manager reacting with calm dignity after securing victory rather than having to see the usual spectacle of (thinking mainly of football), managers going demented, gurning and aggressively punching the air seen usually in horrible slow motion high definition playback.

Someone earlier in this thread alluded to an apparent lack of passion from Peter Adams but personally I love his dead pan, low key manner.

You're right, I hate to see anyone celebrating that way.

Even worse when riders do it. Just win the race and ride back to the pits please.

As for fans, don't get me started on those. Every time Wolves won a race my fellow Wolves fans were jumping up and down punching the air, likewise with Belle Vue. Can't you just watch the race and fill your program in?

That said, Peter Adams is great tv.

How about all the old dears on the old world of sport wrestling who rushed to the ringside to give the likes of Mick McManus or Giant Haystacks a good handbagging :D

• Like 1

You're right, I hate to see anyone celebrating that way.

Even worse when riders do it. Just win the race and ride back to the pits please.

As for fans, don't get me started on those. Every time Wolves won a race my fellow Wolves fans were jumping up and down punching the air, likewise with Belle Vue. Can't you just watch the race and fill your program in?

That said, Peter Adams is great tv.

Your expectations of how you expect fans to behave sounds rather boring and condescending to be honest. Its the Playoff final - is it not normal to be excited? :D Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

Your expectations of how you expect fans to behave sounds rather boring and condescending to be honest. Its the Playoff final - is it not normal to be excited? :D

Read the post above mine, then remember I can be a little bit sarcastic..... :)

Apart from the Peter Adams bit, love his interviews.

Edited by BWitcher

Given his smiley, I'm pretty sure Perton Wolf was on the scent anyway.

I've been had...... ;)

Given his smiley, I'm pretty sure Perton Wolf was on the scent anyway.

I've been had...... ;)

Fourentee had me worried I'd been had for a second there! haha

I've been had...... ;)

Now if you hadn't coughed to it...

Fourentee had me worried I'd been had for a second there! haha

...this wouldn't have happened!

• Like 1