British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

I noticed they never picked up on or discussed Tai's comments in the GP about Freddie. Surely something worthy of discussion.

Didn't think there was much wrong with Freddie's move in the gp.

• Like 2

Personally I thought the actions from the Aces fans was pathetic, this is not football! The only time I have known riders be booed in the past have been when they have been involved in an altication with a rider from the opposition, not simply because they bothered to turn up to help their team try and win a match.

I recall couple of seasons ago Eastbourne were at Lakeside and booed Lewis Bridger on the introductions and Jon Cook told them to stop it on the basis that Hammers fans showed respect for the Eagles riders please show the same.

I was pleased for Wolves that they won because the Aces fans, a lot of them admittedly are johnny come latelys have no class, terrible losers, just because you have the best stadium and arguably the best race track does not entitle you to win.

That's the problem if you've only encountered 21st century UK speedway. The crowds are lacking in enthusiasm and also very low - chicken & egg?

In the 70's and 80's riders got stick because they were good and rode for the opposition. I'd boo with the rest of them but I'd still be in the pits chasing after autographs. The riders were in on it too and some played the game brilliantly adding to the whole event. I'm not advocating WWE style antics but more of Wednesday's interaction between riders and crowd would be great for the sport imo.

Tai let it get to him and many did back then in the heat of the moment, it's his comments on social media when the dust has settled that surprised people.

The PC brigade have worked their spell on a sport as rough and tumble as ours and now there's no real villains - manufactured or not.

Our sport with its 60 second rush of adrenalin is made for such characters. Imo.

• Like 5

That's the problem if you've only encountered 21st century UK speedway. The crowds are lacking in enthusiasm and also very low - chicken & egg?

In the 70's and 80's riders got stick because they were good and rode for the opposition. I'd boo with the rest of them but I'd still be in the pits chasing after autographs. The riders were in on it too and some played the game brilliantly adding to the whole event. I'm not advocating WWE style antics but more of Wednesday's interaction between riders and crowd would be great for the sport imo.

Tai let it get to him and many did back then in the heat of the moment, it's his comments on social media when the dust has settled that surprised people.

The PC brigade have worked their spell on a sport as rough and tumble as ours and now there's no real villains - manufactured or not.

Our sport with its 60 second rush of adrenalin is made for such characters. Imo.

Bang on the money, I can remember being 10y/o and scared when I approached Olsen in the pits for his autograph, I thought he may have known I'd been booing him for all I was worth just minutes earlier.

Luckily he didn't recognise me and signed accordingly.

• Like 1

I'm amazed that this person (Claret73) thinks that us Aces fans are "bad losers" and we apparently think that we are "entitled to win"! I've seen very little of that on either of the 2 finals threads. A lot of congratulations to Wolves and I don't think I've read anywhere that we are "entitled" to the win. People debating about the league/playoff format etc but no Aces fans saying Wolves didn't deserve it or anything like...?

The Tai issue is something completely separate from Aces fans being "bad losers".

• Like 1

Neither did I, but I did think Tai's subsequent comment was controversial and something any other media pundit would surely have picked up on, especially with them being UK team mates. .

Tai's words on Facebook... "We killed it last night soon shut up all that scum that was booing me all night". Stay classy.

bit like the classy comments from the aces fans about his dad. Tasteless.

It's one thing blocking a rider by riding out to the fence forcing the rider BEHIND to shut off or slow, it's totally different when 3 riders are racing neck and neck and one of them (Lindgren) put Cookie in a sandwich between Lindgren and Zagar. There is a fine line between too tough and fair riding, Freddie overstepped it last night.

no he didn't but it's all only an opinion anyway.

Exactly. There was a reason why he wasn't excluded for the same reason.

In regards to the use of the tactical sub in the Play Offs, Peter Adams noted in his programme notes against Poole that it was put forward that the TR rule be scrapped for the duration of the Play Offs, something that he didn't agree with pointing out that you can't go changing rules and formats just for the Play Offs.

That's a shame and I disagree with Pete Adams. Surely a 2 legged affair is very different to a one-off match. The injustice of losing when you've scored more "real points" than the opposition is horrendous! I will never forget the Reading vs Peterborough final of 2006. Peterborough won it 95-94 on aggregate despite 3 (!!!) Tac rides all winning their races (2 away, 1 at home). They got 9 extra undeserved points! In real terms Reading won that 2 legged affair 94-86. Huge injustice.
  • Like 2

I'm amazed that this person (Claret73) thinks that us Aces fans are "bad losers" and we apparently think that we are "entitled to win"! I've seen very little of that on either of the 2 finals threads. A lot of congratulations to Wolves and I don't think I've read anywhere that we are "entitled" to the win. People debating about the league/playoff format etc but no Aces fans saying Wolves didn't deserve it or anything like...?

The Tai issue is something completely separate from Aces fans being "bad losers".

Quite correct, the Aces fans on here have been gracious, especially given the absence of the banned one.

The Aces fan page on facebook is quite hilarious though.. particularly their accusations regarding Jacob Thorssel.

That said, all clubs have their section of nutters I suppose!

IF that's true then yes that is way over the top. But I was booing Woffy. We got to him. It gave my club an advantage. He then called me "scum" for booing him?! Deal with it. You're a pro-sportsman! There may have been 1 or 2 mindless idiots but to generalise to that extent is way OTT by him. Someone also said earlier in the thread that he will still have huge support at Cardiff. Yes he will but his numbers are dwindling extensively year on year.

I don't like Tai but comments about his dad are horrendous but if you look at the quote he called fans scum because they booed him not for any comments...
  • Like 1

I think Tai,s words on facebook says it all.(The scum that were booing me all night)No mention of classy comments as i am sure he heard none of them more so ones made on the back straight.So from his own comment he called Belle vue fans scum just for booing him.

I meant in attitude! 2010 is six years ago, Darcy gradually got better each year regarding growing up, attitude improving. Whereas Tai gets worse!

I agree with the latter, Tai is getting worse. He was a good role model generally, but this year he seems to have gone backwards.

I disagree with the former comment. Ward was a knob, is still a knob judging by some of his Twitter comments. Still time for him to change as he gets older, but right now I see no sign of the maturity coming with age so will most likely always be a knob.

• Like 1

IF that's true then yes that is way over the top. But I was booing Woffy. We got to him. It gave my club an advantage. He then called me "scum" for booing him?! Deal with it. You're a pro-sportsman! There may have been 1 or 2 mindless idiots but to generalise to that extent is way OTT by him. Someone also said earlier in the thread that he will still have huge support at Cardiff. Yes he will but his numbers are dwindling extensively year on year.

you got to him and you got what you deserved then!

I made the comment about Cardiff, and yes you can be sure he will have by far the largest cheer in 2017.

I don't like Tai but comments about his dad are horrendous but if you look at the quote he called fans scum because they booed him not for any comments...

We don't know why he made his comment, booing and negative comments may all come under the same umbrella for Tai.

If you take the booing and comments about his dad into account then it's a natural response.

It seems the only ones who disagree are Aces fans and Taiwan haters, no real surprise there!

I think Tai,s words on facebook says it all.(The scum that were booing me all night)No mention of classy comments as i am sure he heard none of them more so ones made on the back straight.So from his own comment he called Belle vue fans scum just for booing him.

But those fans mentioning his dad are scum so he was right saying it.

you got to him and you got what you deserved then!

I made the comment about Cardiff, and yes you can be sure he will have by far the largest cheer in 2017.

We don't know why he made his comment, booing and negative comments may all come under the same umbrella for Tai.

If you take the booing and comments about his dad into account then it's a natural response.

It seems the only ones who disagree are Aces fans and Taiwan haters, no real surprise there!

But those fans mentioning his dad are scum so he was right saying it.

Steve if he heard any comment re his dad i think he would have stated so on facebook dont you.