British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

Another awesome bit of PR by Edinburgh, we want Bewley but if that falls through we will take second best in Clegg as he will be waiting by the phone for us to ring.

Junior

I wouldn't describe it Edinburgh PR in any way shape or form and the author is known to have made a few quotes up in the past to fill a column.

if it is true, all Alex says he can't fit everyone in. And as far as I can see, he doesn't mention once that MC is plan B, and from reading the article the bit about the phone was from Max himself.

would you rather a promoter made false promises to riders?

• Like 1

I wouldn't describe it Edinburgh PR in any way shape or form and the author is known to have made a few quotes up in the past to fill a column.

if it is true, all Alex says he can't fit everyone in. And as far as I can see, he doesn't mention once that MC is plan B, and from reading the article the bit about the phone was from Max himself.

would you rather a promoter made false promises to riders?

Must have been reading a different news story because and I quote, it's unlikely we can fit Max and Dan but we are desperate to sign Bewley tells me all I need to know.

Junior

• Like 1

Must have been reading a different news story because and I quote, it's unlikely we can fit Max and Dan but we are desperate to sign Bewley tells me all I need to know.

Junior

Everyone in the league would be desperate to sign bewley and if Edinburgh achieve that it will shape the rest of the team. But unlikely doesn't mean it is not possible to have both and it also doesn't mean that if Edinburgh fail to sign Dan they will try to sign Max, just poor stirring on your part. Neither are Edinburgh assets so ultimately it isn't just up to their promotion, Max won't be sitting around waiting on Edinburgh to phone and will get offers and Edinburgh know that. It is the silly season but you are just looking for a negative angle or something to criticise.

Due to the nature of the average system in our sport teams will often have to go to their 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice yes you don't want to advertise it but sometimes it is pretty hard. e.g. Dan Bewley clearly wasn't Edinburgh's first choice for 2016 and I don't think either party was unhappy with the result when they got together.

• Like 4

its that lot on the peterborrow thread lol.

EDINBURGH ?

1 Sam Masters 8.97

2 Kevin Wolbert 8.00

3 Eric Riss 6.85

4 Kasper L Nielsen 5.16

5 Mark Riss 4.00

6 Dan Bewley 3.90*

7 Mitchell Davey 3.00

Total 39.88

I would think Sam, Erik and mark would be the first 3 on the team sheet. also would go for Mitchell Davey as our number 7. weather its 2.00 or 3.00 average. would be good to get Dan back aswell

As a Wolves fan I hope Max isn't back at Edinburgh, nothing against your club but feel he needs to move to a big track to further his development

• Like 2

EDINBURGH ?
1 Sam Masters 8.97
2 Kevin Wolbert 8.00
3 Eric Riss 6.85
4 Kasper L Nielsen 5.16
5 Mark Riss 4.00
6 Dan Bewley 3.90*
7 Mitchell Davey 3.00
Total 39.88

Mark Riss would come back on a 5 surely

EDINBURGH ?
1 Sam Masters 8.97
2 Kevin Wolbert 8.00
3 Eric Riss 6.85
4 Kasper L Nielsen 5.16
5 Mark Riss 4.00
6 Dan Bewley 3.90*
7 Mitchell Davey 3.00
Total 39.88

2 Brits?

Bewley and Davey are both Brits

Edited by mac101

Bewley and Davey are both Brits

Davey has a British Passport. There's a difference ;)