British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

Davey has a British Passport. There's a difference ;)

Is that not all he needs?

Is that not all he needs?

That is the big question.

Everyone in the league would be desperate to sign bewley and if Edinburgh achieve that it will shape the rest of the team. But unlikely doesn't mean it is not possible to have both and it also doesn't mean that if Edinburgh fail to sign Dan they will try to sign Max, just poor stirring on your part. Neither are Edinburgh assets so ultimately it isn't just up to their promotion, Max won't be sitting around waiting on Edinburgh to phone and will get offers and Edinburgh know that. It is the silly season but you are just looking for a negative angle or something to criticise.

Due to the nature of the average system in our sport teams will often have to go to their 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice yes you don't want to advertise it but sometimes it is pretty hard. e.g. Dan Bewley clearly wasn't Edinburgh's first choice for 2016 and I don't think either party was unhappy with the result when they got together.

My gut feeling is they will miss out on both , Clegg wanted away anyhow and as you say Bewley on everyone's shopping list.

Junior

EDINBURGH ?
1 Sam Masters 8.97
2 Kevin Wolbert 8.00
3 Eric Riss 6.85
4 Kasper L Nielsen 5.16
5 Mark Riss 4.00
6 Dan Bewley 3.90*
7 Mitchell Davey 3.00
Total 39.88

Mark Riss will be a 5.00 rider, does Bewley get a reduction? O.o Is that where the 3.90 average comes from?

The obsessive team builders in average disagreement shocker 😂😂

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

Honestly, I'm just going by this page http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/pl16_issue_final_3.pdf Sorry if it's wrong

All of the foreign riders under a 5.00 average seem to have been put up to a 5.00 average

Although since Kevin Wolbert is called "Kevin Wilbert" on there, I'm not so sure how serious I should take that page lol

Edited by Dandelion

Honestly, I'm just going by this page http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/pl16_issue_final_3.pdf Sorry if it's wrong

All of the foreign riders under a 5.00 average seem to have been put up to a 5.00 average

Although since Kevin Wolbert is called "Kevin Wilbert" on there, I'm not so sure how serious I should take that page lol

The Title of the page you are referring to is "2016 Premier League Final CMA's (Numerical)"

My understanding is it refers to the averages that applied at end of 2016 PL Season , including where applicable, assessed averages.

No reference is made as to what whether or not the 2016 assessed averages will apply in 2017.

IMO the new statement that Foreign Riders will have have a minimum GSA of 4.00,( unless they already have a real GSA that is greater), for next Season, supersedes the 2016 regulation.

• Like 2

No Kaiser Kevin next season I see.

Hope he gets fixed up with a place.

Oooooh! Back to Ashfield?

Don't be silly.

• Like 3

Yep banker (with a B)!!

Don't think he is bright enough to become a banker you sure that you have the first letter correct in banker should begin with W.

• Like 1