British Speedway Forum

Well Done to Latvia getting through at the expense of the Danes who in Nielsen have a good manager but the writing has been on the wall for a while as they are all struggling in the leagues and competitions.

Latvia had Lebedeves on fire but they all played their part and Taransenko for Russia did well. Just think what they could have done had Artem Laguta been in the team aswell.

These riders like Poudzuks Tarasenko Bogdanovs etc all compete in Poland and have tough meetings to prepare for these sorts of meetings which will benefit Steve and Richie Worrall and while Cook really needed to find a team in the top level he has signed for Bydgozsz and already pulled out of meetings which won't go down well.

As I will be at the final but missing the race off I hope Russia get through so get to see Emil and Grigory in action again.

Kings Lynn has been poor for several seasons now but there is no doubt that if you swapped the two semis round the racing would have been better Saturday and worse last night. Unfortunately the line ups magnified the deficiencies of the AFA as a race track but it did serve up a belter of a meeting last night. In terms of shape and surface Vastervik looks light years ahead of Lynn.

My point exactly.

You need 4 evenly matched teams to produce what we saw last night. The Kings Lynn semi had 2 teams a fair bit better than the other 2. Switch the tracks and the racing still wouldnt have been that good

Am I right in saying that only the Latvian team had to qualify this year?

Trying to find information on the Czechs qualifier but can't anywhere.

Am I right in saying that only the Latvian team had to qualify this year?

Trying to find information on the Czechs qualifier but can't anywhere.

You won`t because there wasn`t one.

1 Meeting in Riga on June 25th - Latvia, France, Germany and Italy

from the 2017 world cup regs

78.8.5 FIM Speedway World Cup Qualifying System

The SWC Final Tournament Format may change for the following year and

if so, will be reflected in the Qualification System where necessary.

The top 7 Teams/FMNs (1-7) of the overall SWC Final Tournament Classification

shall be directly seeded into the following year’s SWC Final Tournament.

If the host nation of the following years Race Off and Final is ranked in the

top 7, this nation will be replaced by the team that finished 8th in the overall

SWC Final Tournament Classification.

1 additional team will qualify for the SWC Final Tournament through an

appropriate preliminary competition agreed by the SWC Commission in

accordance with entries received.

Seeded FMNs/Teams that do not wish to participate in the SWC Final

Tournament must notify the FIM/CCP Administration in writing, no later

than four months before the start of the preliminary qualifying rounds of

the SWC.

When all nine Teams for the SWC Final Tournament are known, a ranking list

from 1 to 9 shall be produced and distributed by the FIM/CCP Administration

to all FMNs concerned

Edited by racers and royals

So I can only presume that only the lowest point scores from the 2 1st round games will have to qualify meaning the Czechs and not Denmark.

So I can only presume that only the lowest point scores from the 2 1st round games will have to qualify meaning the Czechs and not Denmark.

This is correct.

Really enjoyed that there was some terrific racing with four evenly matched teams Laguta/Tarasenko were great value for the Russians and Lebedev was superb.Yesterday showed me again why we dont need that crappy JOKER rule four evenly matched teams they fought to the death and provided great entertainment.For me Denmark have big problems they are in decline who are coming through for them maybe Jakobsen Hansen? worrying times for them longterm i believe,

Edited by Sidney the robin

Really enjoyed that there was some terrific racing with four evenly matched teams Laguta/Tarasenko were great value for the Russians and Lebedev was superb.Yesterday showed me again why we dont need that crappy JOKER rule four evenly matched teams they fought to the death and provided great entertainment.For me Denmark have big problems they are in decline who are coming through for them maybe Jakobsen Hansen? worrying times for them longterm i believe,

Even worse for the Swedes- they have even less young talent than the Danes

Even worse for the Swedes- they have even less young talent than the Danes

But is the core of there team better? and most of those riding have a few years left in them yet.?

Denmark manager must die on his sword. Poor. Talking after the event but no Kildermand or Andersen. MJJ and Madsen instead.

2016 dropped Pedersen controversially. That did not work. Made bad calls last 2 years and so he has to go. Embarrassing.

What's wrong with picking Madsen? 2.167 in Ekstraliga, 5th best... better than Iversen.

• Like 2

While I hope Saturdays final has great racing and is a tense meeting I would rather see Britain win with no passing at all , a British win with amazing racing would be a bonus but a British win is the thing that will get me cheering and shouting at the tv and it will make me a £1000 better off as I had a bet on them

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

What's wrong with picking Madsen? 2.167 in Ekstraliga, 5th best... better than Iversen.

Good stat. Bjerre just as bad and cost Denmark with 0 from joker ride.

While I hope Saturdays final has great racing and is a tense meeting I would rather see Britain win with no passing at all , a British win with amazing racing would be a bonus but a British win is the thing that will get me cheering and shouting at the tv and it will make me a £1000 better off as I had a bet on them

Poland win easy. If England (Team GB) come 3rd it would be a huge achievement. They will do well to get 25pts. Realistic not unsupportive.

• Like 4

Poland win easy. If England (Team GB) come 3rd it would be a huge achievement. They will do well to get 25pts. Realistic not unsupportive.

while I agree Poland are favourites , they have in pawlicki and janowski two riders who are unpredictable scorers with pawlicki been unpredictable as to if he will finish the race as seen in the last gp where he crashed while leading comfortably and he is the same for leszno , both him and janowski both had poor meetings in the polish championships on Friday , throw in the massive pressure that they will have and well you never know , I expect nothing but it's not as clear cut as people think, we might benifit by Australia going through because Russia or Latvia are both potential winners in Poland , I know Poland have been practicing at leszno this week and if they start convincingly they will take some stoping but if they have their cages rattled early on I think we will see a diiferent poland fro what everyone expects from them Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

A British win with no passing would be a massive loss to speedway as any new armchair would be fans would only nod and say " yes. first away from the start wins". "why bother to go", which is the problem we currently have.

• Like 2

England?