British Speedway Forum

The main stand holds less than 1900.

And you attract more fans than 1900 for most meetings? Your management thought they could attract nearly 2000 fans to every home meeting. Most Speedway venues would struggle accommodate that many fans.

Most clubs get nowhere near 1900 a meeting

Well, yes.

The ongoing long delay re 2017 is likely to only be about who will pay up for all the outstanding debts ( those to riders especially ). Or is the delay about how they can write off all of the debt? So where did the money from 2016 go? If there was no rent paid and that was spent on temporary stands, there was still adequate income to pay the riders. Who took money out of BV? As for so much in speedway we will never know the whole truth or anything like it.

And you attract more fans than 1900 for most meetings? Your management thought they could attract nearly 2000 fans to every home meeting. Most Speedway venues would struggle accommodate that many fans.

Well, yes.

We averaged 1800 for EL meetings. This was pumped up by the BH fixtures and the final. Had the track been ready we could have factored in PCM & Easter and that would have pushed the average attendance over 2000. This was done without any marketing budget due to outside influences so next season done properly I'd expect attendances to average between 2000 and 2500.

If Buster keeps pushing it won't be done properly and the long term future won't be good, as is the case with British speedway as a whole.

The ongoing long delay re 2017 is likely to only be about who will pay up for all the outstanding debts ( those to riders especially ). Or is the delay about how they can write off all of the debt? So where did the money from 2016 go? If there was no rent paid and that was spent on temporary stands, there was still adequate income to pay the riders. Who took money out of BV? As for so much in speedway we will never know the whole truth or anything like it.

The truth will come out.

We averaged 1800 for EL meetings. This was pumped up by the BH fixtures and the final. Had the track been ready we could have factored in PCM & Easter and that would have pushed the average attendance over 2000. This was done without any marketing budget due to outside influences so next season done properly I'd expect attendances to average between 2000 and 2500.

If Buster keeps pushing it won't be done properly and the long term future won't be good, as is the case with British speedway as a whole.

The truth will come out.

If Buster didn't keep pushing it would now be history.

• Like 2

I would be happy with Cook and Fricke, Zagar was too inconsistent, for the money he was on.

How many of you expect Zagar to be back if running in 2017?

Or do you expect a top 2 of Cook and Fricke?

If BV run then I would expect the team to be built around C. Cook, M. Fricke, R. Worrall & S. Worrall.

• Like 2

If BV run then I would expect the team to be built around C. Cook, M. Fricke, R. Worrall & S. Worrall.

:t:

That would seem a reasonable assumption and form a solid base on which to build a team; potential improvement in all four.

To a certain extent (and do hear me out on this one), building a title-winning side isn't really the issue for the Aces this season. It's all about getting a competitive seven, erasing the uncertainty and worries from the previous campaign (as noted in your phrase 'If BV run') and hopefully taking the initial steps towards establishing a viable, long-term presence at the NSS. Good luck and I hope it goes well.

• Like 4

In the weaker league they will do ok but Fricke was hopeless away from Belle Vue, which he'll need to improve if they are to get anywhere.

• Like 1

Max Fricke is definitely one for the future , but he missed a lot of meetings last year ,

and his away form was poor .

personally I'd prefer Zagar , if the Aces can afford him , which seems unlikely

Not using Jack Smith in this 1-7 as 3 British Leagues will be too much. Gone with Rob Shuttleworth at No.7 because he was a Colt this season and next year he will be at Workington with Craig Cook

1. Max Fricke 9.92
2. Rory Schlein 7.17
3. Richie Worrall 8.49
4. Steve Worrall 8.47
5. Craig Cook 9.83
6. Dan Bewley 3.90
7. Rob Shuttleworth 2.00

• Like 1

Not using Jack Smith in this 1-7 as 3 British Leagues will be too much. Gone with Rob Shuttleworth at No.7 because he was a Colt this season and next year he will be at Workington with Craig Cook

1. Max Fricke 9.92

2. Rory Schlein 7.17

3. Richie Worrall 8.49

4. Steve Worrall 8.47

5. Craig Cook 9.83

6. Dan Bewley 3.90

7. Rob Shuttleworth 2.00

Not the worst team, respect Schlein for coming back from dreadful injuries & he would bring experience to the side. However I'd like to see Berge given a go, imo he'd be a handful for anyone round the NSS, away who knows, would be interesting to find out. Edited by mikec
  • Like 1

Not the worst team, respect Schlein for coming back from dreadful injuries & he would bring experience to the side. However I'd like to see Berge given a go, imo he'd be a handful for anyone round the NSS, away who knows, would be interesting to find out.

Agreed , I'd love to see Dimitri Berge included

1. Max Fricke 9.92

2. Rory Schlein 7.17

3. Richie Worrall 8.49

4. Steve Worrall 8.47

5. Craig Cook 9.83

6. Dan Bewley 3.90

7. Rob Shuttleworth 2.00

Good team that .

Reserves bad.