British Speedway Forum

Very pleased indeed that Belle Vue Aces will be up and running again

Now, will Mr Rising, just once and for all, admit on here that the problems on 3 and 4 WERE KNOWN well before the day of the GOM

Come on, just admit it

You and others of your ilk dont seem to catch on very easy. Have you not read Speedway Star dated February 18, 2017 ????

On page 6 of the SS, 3rd full paragraph up from the bottom of the third column, Dave Gordon is quoted as saying "In the weeks leading up to the grand opening the weather was'nt good and we were struggling to get the shale on turn three and four to bind together while the rest of the track was in perfect condition".

To me, and no doubt others, the situation is clear - there was a problem on turn 3 and 4 - and it is Philip Risings article that states it.

So which part of Philip Risings report do you not understand?? Rhetorical question.

2016 has ended, most are trying to move on, try it.

I sincerely hope BV have a successful season, exceeding the hopes and plans of the new management.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

Yes Phil admit it and while you're at it admit the SCBs Graham Reeve, Alan Bridgett, Track curator (and SCB track inspector) Colin Meredith, Max Fricke, Richie Worrall (having ridden it), meeting referee Graham Flint and the riders who during the track walk showed "no direct negativity," all thought the meeting would go ahead until atmospheric conditions changed and the track deteriorated.

Go on admit it.

• Like 1

1. Fricke 9.92

2. Kerr 5.98

3. S.Worrall 8.47

4. King 9.57

5. Cook 9.83

6. Smith 2.00

7. Bewley 4.00

Certainly would be a solid outfit, and top end strength. And give a couple of Coventry riders a chance to ride in the top league.

• Like 1

1/ Kylmakorpi 9,35

2/ * *6.53*

3/ Fricke 9.92

4/ S.Worrall 8.47

5/ Cook 9.83

6/ Bewley 3.90

7/ Smith 2.00

1/ Fricke 9.92

2/ Berge 6.90

3/ S Worrall 8.47

4/ Sedgeman 7.60

5/ Cook 9.83

6/ Bewley 3.90

7/ * 3.37 *

The way i see it i have had the worst closed season i have ever had. But now as a club at last we have a future again and that as just a fan is all that matters to me.Who or whatever was to blame for last years disaster i do not know but i do feel gutted for David and Chris and all involved after all their hard work in delivering a great stadium for us all to enjoy and whoever or what ever was to blame i will always thank them for that but as with all disasters in life(easier for me than them) we have to put it all behind us and move on. I will be interested in what really happend last year(if we ever do) but as a fan that is all in the past and all i care about now is the future.

As things are now we have new promoters who have saved the club and who seem to have the ability to take the club forward and give us all the future we all want.

The speculated team while not perhaps a title winning team should ride the NSS well and provide some great entertainment.

The speculated Colts team will be a joy to watch full of young riders that i think have a great future in the sport and i.m.o could be challenging for the league title.

So after months of doubt i am full of joy my club has a future and cannot wait to buy my season ticket and take my seat to watch speedway in the countrys best speedway stadium.

• Like 3

With the sad news that Coventry will not run for 2017, (gutted for the fans), I suppose Mark Lemon's thoughts could turn to bringing Coventry riders into the team permutations; especially the English riders, who should come first. The Coventry situation may well have been known for some time and given Lemo food for thought with who he opts for. We can only wait and see how things pan out over the next week or so.

• Like 1

Yes Phil admit it and while you're at it admit the SCBs Graham Reeve, Alan Bridgett, Track curator (and SCB track inspector) Colin Meredith, Max Fricke, Richie Worrall (having ridden it), meeting referee Graham Flint and the riders who during the track walk showed "no direct negativity," all thought the meeting would go ahead until atmospheric conditions changed and the track deteriorated.

Go on admit it.

ADMIT what ... you have just confirmed what we have been saying. Or did I miss your irony?

Edited by PHILIPRISING

I don't believe I was fishing - it was my opinion. What part of my post do you disagree with?

I don't disagree with any of it! :) Just sounded like you wanted someone to bite! Starman definitely would have as it is no secret he has a problem with the success of the BV stadium/track.

1. Fricke 9.92

2. Kerr 5.98

3. S.Worrall 8.47

4. King 9.57

5. Cook 9.83

6. Smith 2.00

7. Bewley 4.00

Certainly would be a solid outfit, and top end strength. And give a couple of Coventry riders a chance to ride in the top league.

If you are going to give Coventry riders a chance to ride then maybe Sarj first as he hasn't got a club at all! 😕

Was Coventry a safety net? Just in case Belle Vue didn't make it to tapes this season?

I reckon so, and perhaps that is also why Belle Vue had only named a couple of riders, again, in case They didn't make it, and could then cherry pick the Cov riders, once they were confirmed as running and the safety net (Coventry) was removed.... Callous? Yes/No, necessary, definately to comply with Sky Sports minimum team number requirements...

• Like 3

Good luck Belle Vue...the sport is going to need you.

Edited by uk martin

Nice to see belle vue on track this year after all the problems,fans must of wonderd if they would make it,nice track from what in seen on tv,hope you have a good season but finish behind Somerset!

Thanks, ive got a soft spot for Somerset and always manage to get down there when I'm on my way to Cornwall. Ive already booked a couple of days off for when the Aces visit great track at the Oak Tree and great real ales at the Crossways inn :)

Was Coventry a safety net? Just in case Belle Vue didn't make it to tapes this season?

I reckon so, and perhaps that is also why Belle Vue had only named a couple of riders, again, in case They didn't make it, and could then cherry pick the Cov riders, once they were confirmed as running and the safety net (Coventry) was removed.... Callous? Yes/No, necessary, definately to comply with Sky Sports minimum team number requirements...

NO. They still have 8 teams. Coventry would have made it 9, so what.

Too many deep thinkers around

• Like 1

I don't disagree with any of it! :) Just sounded like you wanted someone to bite! Starman definitely would have as it is no secret he has a problem with the success of the BV stadium/track.

If you are going to give Coventry riders a chance to ride then maybe Sarj first as he hasn't got a club at all!

I feel for Sarj too but I would like to think if BV wanted to pick riders without any clubs at all, they may consider previous BV riders such as Stefan and Joe Jacobs who also do not have a single club either. It just shows how successful the fast tracking idea lasted for.

Sad to see Coventry not running 2017. but does this mean a rethink with BV 2017 likely team ?

Probably to include King, who will turn up more than Fricke did last year. & Bates as a local improving rider.