British Speedway Forum

I have just seen on FB that BV have signed Kenneth Bjerre.

Its on the official BV website as well

I am really pleased he has got fixed up for 2017. I thought that he was a really good signing in his average for Coventry so I will be very interested to see how he goes this season.

Sounds like Matt Ford is working hard to persuade his cohorts that 16.2.3 doesn't apply to team building figures. Fear is always a good motivator.

16.2.5 also states that the Team Building MA's are inclusive of any 'allowances'!!

Not sure if Matt Ford has noticed - I'll be with him on Wednesday so I'll ask him!

I don't have any issue one way or the other - just to see some consistency.

Edited by Skidder1

16.2.5 also states that the Team Building MA's are inclusive of any 'allowances'!!

Not sure if Matt Ford has noticed - I'll be with him on Wednesday so I'll ask him!

I don't have any issue one way or the other - just to see some consistency.

If you truly want consistency the the only way it can be achieved is by a proper interpretation and application of the rules. Obviously the intent is that, when applicable, MA's should be calculated in accordance with 16.2.3,then published. If a mistake is made on the published list consistency is achieved by correcting the list not by identifying a mistake but doing nothing to put it right.

Bjerre is a great signing.

I'm not sure that people who haven't seen Bewley and Smith ride appreciate just how good they could be. If Fricke is the last rider you really have to fancy Belle Vue to be there or thereabouts.

• Like 5

If you truly want consistency the the only way it can be achieved is by a proper interpretation and application of the rules. Obviously the intent is that, when applicable, MA's should be calculated in accordance with 16.2.3,then published. If a mistake is made on the published list consistency is achieved by correcting the list not by identifying a mistake but doing nothing to put it right.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I've said in an earlier post that either the rule is wrongly written/interpreted or the average is wrongly listed. Whichever is correct I'm not sure if it affects any other team/rider?( I think at least one other line-up could be challenged based on the wording of a rule in the same section).

I guess we'll know when the BSPA finally approve all the announced 1-7s

• Like 1

Someone mentioned earlier that Fricke might be having visa problems, can anyone elaborate as to the problem and confirm their source for this info?

Someone mentioned earlier that Fricke might be having visa problems, can anyone elaborate as to the problem and confirm their source for this info?

Heard that his application was a tad late in being submitted.

Heard that his application was a tad late in being submitted.

Perhaps like all the other Aussies, he should have been on the case the minute last season finished. Because even if BV didn't run he would have been snapped up by somebody.

Perhaps like all the other Aussies, he should have been on the case the minute last season finished. Because even if BV didn't run he would have been snapped up by somebody.

But BV had no management to sponsor his application, which could have caused the problem.

• Like 1

But BV had no management to sponsor his application, which could have caused the problem.

I really dont think that is the issue.

So who would have sponsored it then in the absence of a management set up?
  • Like 1

The same as for Sedgmen

Sedgeman said, But Ive been working quite a bit with Terry and Wayne Russell, who were very helpful in getting my visa sorted, and Mark Lemon in particular, who comes from the same town as me in Aussie".

I was told a month ago about Max's visa problems and they were on it then. If it takes the reported two months to sort then he should be ok for the start of the season. I dont think they want to announce him yet as we had our fingers burned a few years back with Travis Mcgown where we announced him but he never came. Looked a bit silly.

Maybe it's best if you don't think.

• Like 8