British Speedway Forum

Good to see Sedgeman fixed up. He can be a bit hit or miss, but when he is on form he is excellent and I think Belle Vue will suit him.

It will be interesting at the end of the year to compare the form of Justin and Bellego.

My money would be on Justin as he knows the tracks unlike Bellego & most of the Robins riders.

Glad Sedgy got fixed up after being left out for Adam's mate Bellego.

• Like 2

Aces just need to add Danny King and Richie Worrall to the five riders they have now and they will have a decent side although a little light at reserve maybe ?

C Cook 9.83

J Sedgmen 7.60

S Worrall 8.47

R Worrall 8.49

D King 9.57

D Bewley 4.00

J Smith 2.00

Total : 49.96

??

You can't have three riders doubling up from the same Champs team.

• Like 1

Plus I'm sure sure, even if they could include him, why they would Richie Worrall. That's a staggeringly high average that he won't achieve.

Plus I'm sure sure, even if they could include him, why they would Richie Worrall. That's a staggeringly high average that he won't achieve.

Bit early to be drunk SCB. lol

Agree, not when you can have riders like Bjerre and Wozniak potentially. Bjerre on a 8.22 average or Worrall on a 8.49, not a hard choice.

Look's like Aussies are favored by our Aussie manager two in Brits out

Its called "doing what you can within the points limit to try and win the league"

• Like 4

Richie's average isn't sustainable for him.

He stagnated last year. Dropped to reserve and stayed there. His brother moved to 2nd string, and I think for a period 3rd heat leader, chalk and cheese for BV. Very similar in the PL, but it's about 7 riders and when only one realistically fits then this was a no brainer.

Fricke is in, it's the worst kept secret around.

I think if we add KB then BV will be in the play offs, looking around only Poole match up.

Such a throw away comment.

Sedgman in particular has a very attractive average. That's given us the scope to go out and get 3 genuine heat leaders, and 2 solid 2nd strings. Something many teams have failed with in this new points structure. In fact many have a 2nd string who should be at reserve in old money.

Edited by acef
  • Like 3

And for those of us whose first language is English . . . ?

• Like 2

What a stupid comment. An average of 7.60 gives us more scope to play with and he will possible keep his average if not better it. Richie would have

And let's look at brits to aussie ratio shall we.

Fricke

Sedgman

Cook

Smith

Bewley

Worrall.

4 to 2. Hhhhhm yeh favouring aussies ain't it.

• Like 1

I don't think Sedgeman will be the saviour, i think some are putting too much store on his form in Australia and think he will ride as well here. I expect he will start well but fade. I also think is a mistake not to include Danny King now he is available.

Sedgmen rides Belle Vue particularly well which makes him a good signing on paper. As for King, I'd agree with you if Aces had priority over Ipswich but seeing as it's the other way round it was always a non starter especially as it would also have meant releasing one of Cook, Worrall or Fricke.

• Like 3

I don't think Sedgeman will be the saviour, i think some are putting too much store on his form in Australia and think he will ride as well here. I expect he will start well but fade. I also think is a mistake not to include Danny King now he is available.

I dont think anyone is expecting him to be the 'saviour' ,not sure what that means TBH ?

But at 7.60 average , i think its a great signing .