British Speedway Forum

No point Holder considering bv. They have more important issues to deal with before forking out to Poole the loan fee on Holder then his wages/points money. If bv run I should imagine its a penny pinching lineup to scrape wins at home to keep the locals happy.

Id be suprised if they lined up in the Premiership to be honest. Where's the money going to come from ?

Id be suprised if they lined up in the Premiership to be honest. Where's the money going to come from ?

Same place as every other clubs money. Sponsors and gate money.

It'll be a right hotch porch of unwanted journeymen lining up for the BSPAces next year. Very appetising.

Save us over £1600 next year so every cloud and that.

They're going to need every penny they can get with what works out at nearly £17'000 rent per meeting.

I thought the dog track was dear at £5000. Ouch!

It'll be a right hotch porch of unwanted journeymen lining up for the BSPAces next year. Very appetising.

They're going to need every penny they can get with what works out at nearly £17'000 rent per meeting.

How on earth do they think they can pay that per meeting, that per month would be high.

Probably have Watt in the line up then, his scores won't break the bank.

• Like 1

Holder

Wilkinson

Robson

Risager

Osterguaard

Branford

Boxhall

If Skornicki comes back to the UK they'll probably slot him in somewhere.

i have always felt that leicester were named in the league as a stand by in case the aces dropped out, just to safeguard the sky contract.

Another problem Belle Vue could have is doubling up riders. Both Worralls will want to double up and Cook also at Peterborough as would Joe Jacobs want to do both and should he return, Scott Nicholls could be looking at that too if allowed although rumour is he is possibly joining Rye House and a return to Ipswich.

Maybe a use of assets is cost effective so both Worrall's and Hougaard as the top three but while we look at who is going to be in the team, it's more important to find someone willing to take the club over, get back in the stadium and then find a way of paying the crazy amount of money to run the club week in week out with high wages and even higher rent.

Best move for Belle Vue as a club is to move next door

How on earth do they think they can pay that per meeting, that per month would be high.

Indeed.

£8million to pay back over 23 (clock's ticking) years with 20 matches per year as I'm guessing they'll make the play offs and progress through the cup. If it's only over 17 matches it's even worse and I've not allowed for Prudential Borrowings interest charges.

Edited by ouch

If the Stadium is being used for other ventures and sports, why would the speedway be responsible for repaying all the £8 million over 24 years.

Surely before the first brick was laid and in the numerous talks in the build up to it being built, surely someone would have seen the figures involved in rent and running costs and along with wages worked out that it was never going to be manageable to run a minority sport like speedway.

If no one during the build up to construction never realised that then they can't be much in business unless they saw it as a way of getting money in and doing a runner blaming others for the problems including the landlords they never paid all year long and then try and sue for loss of potential earnings. The earnings they sold in advance and never repaid to many customers.m

Edited by INCOGNITO

You know that as fact or are you just guessing ? My guess is its the latter.

Why did the timeline change from 60 years to 24??

Would have had huge implications to the numbers involved...

Absolutely. 7m over 64 years vs 8m over 24 years is an immense difference. IS it still interest free?

Hopefully the new promotion can negotiate a longer repayment period. OTHERWISE council risk an 8m unoccupied stadium. And speedway loses the best venue in the country.

Doesn't Coronation Street currently have a plot line to do with dodgy property deals? Right neck of the woods

No idea. 60 years was ok but 24 is not.

Manchester Evening News 09/04/2014

"The council will borrow most of the extra cash itself, to be repaid by tenants Belle Vue Aces over the next 24 years.

They will pay the maximum possible rent over that period in order to minimise the councils risks, says the report".

It's obviously now 23 years with nothing paid off the 8 mill. If they run only 17 meetings that's £20460 per meeting. I'm guessing admission will come down to £15 then take off the VAT to give £12.

You need over 1700 on the terraces just to cover that.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1