British Speedway Forum

So how many more interested parties are there?

Anyway, everybody keeps saying it will all be ok, so no need to worry.

:t:

What in this statement gives a cause to worry that Belle vue will not run.All it states is that Mr Pairman is out of the running.The last sentance says (quote)Best of luck to whomsoever is favoured by the BSPA to take over this icon of speedway).This to me states that others are in the running and someone will take over it just won't be him.

So to me reading the possitive points of this statement at this stage there is still no need to worry.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Why is it desperate. There was 3 people I terested. One as pulled out. The one the bspa want is still in for us. Nothing to worry about or see here

• Like 2

Why is it desperate. There was 3 people I terested. One as pulled out. The one the bspa want is still in for us. Nothing to worry about or see here

quite agree once again people glorying in other club's misfortune I despair
  • Like 3

I see that Mr Pairman says that Chris Morton is still involved in the proceedings and has been dealing with Manchester City Council.

So clearly, he hasn't sold the club quite yet.

id be more concerned if I was a Coventry fan .

Terrible news for Belle Vue. Looking pretty desperate right now. Feel sorry for the fans and the riders who need to get fixed up.

Is the track next door still there? Running a NL team at the old track might be a solution?

A few days ago you asked me to find any posts where a Poole fan had posted on a troubled clubs page any negative/gloating posts as you had not seen any.

Guess what i just found one.

• Like 2

think mr shovlars post is totally unwarranted and a complete over reaction,i read it that there is a preferred option to the pearman bid(or possibly hes had a strop and just says hes to busy to bother with it, knowing he was out the frame)

• Like 2

Terrible news for Belle Vue. Looking pretty desperate right now. Feel sorry for the fans and the riders who need to get fixed up.

Is the track next door still there? Running a NL team at the old track might be a solution?

" Terrible News " ?

.....Where ?

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

" Terrible News " ?

.....Where ?Why did Pairman actually apply , if he now states he doesn't have the time ?

Maybe he will be visiting to look for himself to report nothing happening yet again.

I would agree that it's bad news as this is someone that fits the bill that Belle Vue need and just because he is out of the country during January seems more like a easy and less public way of pulling out. He states he has a team working on it during talks, so what is stopping them carrying on while he is away ?

Looks more like the costs involved and the control of the club or stadium is more of an issue really and he has got out of a bad deal on the horizon.

If it was such a good deal to run at the NSS then surely the BSPA could get someone in with help and let the Council fund it as they seem to think it can be profitable to run Speedway at any level.

Edited by INCOGNITO

I would agree that it's bad news as this is someone that fits the bill that Belle Vue need and just because he is out of the country during January seems more like a easy and less public way of pulling out. He states he has a team working on it during talks, so what is stopping them carrying on while he is away ?

Looks more like the costs involved and the control of the club or stadium is more of an issue really and he has got out of a bad deal on the horizon.

If it was such a good deal to run at the NSS then surely the BSPA could get someone in with help and let the Council fund it as they seem to think it can be profitable to run Speedway at any level.

Couldn't be further away from the truth if you tried as per usual.

Buster as got someone to fit the bill. He set out to stop pairman getting his hands on it and has succeeded.

The other bloke Mark hennessey is just as good a fit.

And tbh I'm not arsed who takes over as long as someone does

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Buster as got someone to fit the bill. He set out to stop pairman getting his hands on it and has succeeded.

So the CHAIRMAN of the BSPA is the reason he has pulled out you are saying !

So his press release isn't factually correct if you are right but a poor excuse has been used instead and the fans of the sport near and far that want to see Belle Vue (Coventry and Leicester too) on track in ten weeks time are fed BS on the official website of the sport ?

So if Mark Hennessey get the nod, what would be his role?

Would it be correct to assume that Chris Morton would continue his involvement?

Thanks

A few days ago you asked me to find any posts where a Poole fan had posted on a troubled clubs page any negative/gloating posts as you had not seen any.

Guess what i just found one.

Gloating? Are you truly mad? Why on earth would I gloat over the demise of a club? I said it was terrible news and it is. The very respected Gordon Pairman has just pulled the plug on his efforts to run Belle Vue. I believe its a complete smokescreen to say he is out of the country in January. That might have been a decent excuse years ago but you can be in complete contact in the middle of the Atlantic. It doesnt matter where you are if you have a phone signal as facetime and Skype work just fine. Why would he need to be in the room?

More than likely he didn't like what he saw and pulled the plug. I do hope for Belle Vues sake that there are others who are willing to spend, by the sound of it, vast amounts of money to get the club back on an even keel.

think mr shovlars post is totally unwarranted and a complete over reaction,i read it that there is a preferred option to the pearman bid(or possibly hes had a strop and just says hes to busy to bother with it, knowing he was out the frame)

Unwarranted? Are people on here not allowed to have an opinion on what is going on at Belle Vue? Pairman pulling out is clearly worth debating. Too many on here trying to be politically correct and afraid of speaking out on an issue. If you think Pairman pulling out is good news then fair enough.

" Terrible News " ?

.....Where ?

Pairman pulling out. Belle Vue's options getting smaller with the clock ticking.

I hope that something can be sorted but the season starts in about 8 weeks time with the fixture list published in a couple of weeks. Time for this preferred option to get his hands in his pockets and cough up the readies.