British Speedway Forum

He's not got a clue, watched him two years ago at Belle Vue v Swindon when Cook got ex under two min in his first ride, he replaced him with a reserve, then in Cooks last race he touched the tapes, Lemon then tried to replace him with Worrall which the ref allowed and Rosco didn't object, after a false start the ref then realised Cook hadn't completed his 3 programmed rides and told Lemon to bring him back in, Cook was in the shower lol

He's not got a clue, watched him two years ago at Belle Vue v Swindon when Cook got ex under two min in his first ride, he replaced him with a reserve, then in Cooks last race he touched the tapes, Lemon then tried to replace him with Worrall which the ref allowed and Rosco didn't object, after a false start the ref then realised Cook hadn't completed his 3 programmed rides and told Lemon to bring him back in, Cook was in the shower lol

Yes remember that well. I also remember ever other TM mistakes well.

It happens, he was new to the game. Experience managers make mistakes. The rule book is so hard to understand nowadays.

Mark Lemon = 2 years at club, 2 play off finals. I think that speaks volumes

• Like 7

down to the ref that one me thinks ..

• Like 1

He was one of the original investors but as he been involved at arms length???

And was involved when John Perrin was 'in charge'. Goes a long way back with the Aces.

which leaves Bewley and a 2 pointer to fit....

That would be the ideal team imo. Noone would get near them at home, would struggle away but that top four would still see them pick up points. Play off contenders for sure.
  • Like 1

If Coventry dont take to the track(which i'm fairly sure most fans hope they do) then maybe Danny King could be heading towards Belle Vue,

Zagar won't be allowed to cripple wage Ace's wage bill. The Ace's will be Fricke, Cooke & Worralls. Plus whatever else they can fit in.

TBH

I'm hoping we're stronger than Cook , Fricke and the Worrall twins

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Which is exactly the rider clubs need. Win at home and 95% of your fan base will be happy. Anything you do away is a bonus. Get the home wins in. It's stupid winning 3 or 4 away meetings but losing 4 or 5 at home.

Quite agree in the good old days😅how many lower end riders were homer riders quite a few.If you can win all your home meetings and try and pick up points away anything you get is a bonus.

I agree. Zagar will not be there in 2017 as the new promotion have to have funds to pay last years wage bill plus the ongoing fiasco with the £10,000 a month bill for the temporary South Stand(why on earth last years promotion agreed to that after all the other problems, they must have known it was going to be difficult to balance the books).

It has, also, been stated that last years team, or most of them, have been waiting for answers & not getting fixed up elsewhere. A team, therefore of Cook, Fricke, Worrall twins, Jacob could be kept on with Bewley(an asset) & possibly Auty(previous EL history) as a team(if averages fit) not with top end power but strength in depth, similar to Somerset.

To be honest i am cheesed off now with all the secrets involved about who the new owners are .As long as we are running i could not give a toss

• Like 2

To be honest i am cheesed off now with all the secrets involved about who the new owners are .As long as we are running i could not give a toss

Why, surely you would like to know who's running your club, i mean for all you know Matt Ford maybe running it now !!

Who has said that Mark Lemon is not returning, hope Jack Lee does not get involved, he screwed things up at Sheffield when team manager there.

I hope Mark does return, he did a good job

Can you let me know just how did Jack Lee screw up at Sheffield,most Sheffield people i spoke to were sorry to see him go.I think he did a great job at Sheffield

• Like 1

Why, surely you would like to know who's running your club, i mean for all you know Matt Ford maybe running it now !!

Careful what you speculate about Mr Starman2006. I am sure Mr Ford would love the NSS and he would certainly get it marketed properly.

• Like 1

It's not matt ford so dont worry starry

It's a very astute businessman who if what I'm told is correct he as leased the whole stadium and not just the track on race nights which is what the other potential new owners wanted to do

Edited by Phil The Ace