British Speedway Forum

They were until they swapped Kylmakorpi with Woffinden. The would never have won the league had that change not happened. This year they won't be able to do it as the rules have changed.

You talk absolute tosh at times! By the end of the season the difference between Joonas average and Tai's was 0.3 hardly earth shattering!

Also when Poole were at home to Wolves Tai scored 7.

In the league fixture Joonas got 10+1.

Luckily for Poole or they would have been beat by a bigger margin in the semis if Joonas was riding!!

Oh and against Belle Vue in the final:

Tai 8+2 (riding at number 4)

Masters 8 (riding at number 5)

And against them in the league:

Masters 13 (riding at number 4)

Joonas 7+2 (riding at number 5)

So even in the final Wolves were weaker at home then they were in the league. So please tell me how they only won because of Tai, because you make no sense

Not sure woffinden made that much difference, didn't pull up any trees on his home track.

spot on..........always good to see a Poole fan who knows what they are talking about and actually checks the facts

Edited by Gavan

Not sure woffinden made that much difference, didn't pull up any trees on his home track.

It goes further than points scored on the track. As a world champion is raises the other team members scores up as well. I doubt very much Wolves would have won the league with Kylmakorpi remaining in the team.

• Like 1

They were until they swapped Kylmakorpi with Woffinden. The would never have won the league had that change not happened. This year they won't be able to do it as the rules have changed.

And neither will anyone else, including Poole.

• Like 1

It goes further than points scored on the track. As a world champion is raises the other team members scores up as well. I doubt very much Wolves would have won the league with Kylmakorpi remaining in the team.

With the team we had in the semi, Kylmo or Woffy you can hardly say the result would have been different. Maybe final could have been different especially as Woffy lent P.K his bike in a crucial race.

• Like 1

In the space of a couple of hours - weakening your stance considerably. Whether they would have, should have or could have what they did do was beat Poole in the semis and win in the final!

In the space of a couple of hours - weakening your stance considerably. Whether they would have, should have or could have what they did do was beat Poole in the semis and win in the final!

Any team in the top half of the table could have beaten Poole in the second leg of the semi. Were were a second heat leader missing.

Any team in the top half of the table could have beaten Poole in the second leg of the semi. Were were a second heat leader missing.

..............you still going on about it?! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ahh bless

You are. But I am not either. They might get in the playoffs but the team isn't very good and three teams look definately better. Depends what Belle Vue and Leicester come up with before making a final judgement but Wolves look also rans.

Just my opinion and nothing more.

Yes it is my opinion and echoed by others.

You are also entitled to that opinion and no surprise it's the same as last season.

In fairness more shared your view on the 2016 starting team.

At the moment the Stars look the team to beat so far.

Somerset could have!!

forget it steve,its only speedway there are far more important things in the world,however to sum up the play offs we were rubbish, deserved nothing and got nothing,end of

Edited by poole keith
  • Like 3

But yet you still fail to acknowledge it made little difference at all....quite bizarre

With the team we had in the semi, Kylmo or Woffy you can hardly say the result would have been different. Maybe final could have been different especially as Woffy lent P.K his bike in a crucial race.

You are 100% correct

No in the second leg of the semi final your number one failed to win a race

Buck and Kurtz scored 1 between them

Yet you still lost by the same as in the league meeting........hmmm

..............you still going on about it?! :rolleyes:

those sour grapes just keep getting sourer

forget it steve,its only speedway there are far more important things in the world,however to sum up the play offs we were rubbish, deserved nothing and got nothing,end of

Again 100% spot on.

It is the usual Poole fans who cant see the bigger picture

You talk absolute tosh at times! By the end of the season the difference between Joonas average and Tai's was 0.3 hardly earth shattering!

Also when Poole were at home to Wolves Tai scored 7.

In the league fixture Joonas got 10+1.

Luckily for Poole or they would have been beat by a bigger margin in the semis if Joonas was riding!!

Oh and against Belle Vue in the final:

Tai 8+2 (riding at number 4)

Masters 8 (riding at number 5)

And against them in the league:

Masters 13 (riding at number 4)

Joonas 7+2 (riding at number 5)

So even in the final Wolves were weaker at home then they were in the league. So please tell me how they only won because of Tai, because you make no sense

spot on..........always good to see a Poole fan who knows what they are talking about and actually checks the facts

2016 Jonas Kylmalkorpi 15 matches 120 points at 7.27

Tai Woffinden 10 matches 107 points at 9,11

That's quite a difference in my opinion .

Wolves signed a rider on a similar rolling average who in real terms was 2 points better a match than the rider he was replacing. I'ts unlikely Wolves would have won the league this year without making that change.

Edited by New Science

2016 Jonas Kylmalkorpi 15 matches 120 points at 7.27

Tai Woffinden 10 matches 107 points at 9,11

That's quite a difference in my opinion .

Wolves signed a rider on a similar rolling average who in real terms was 2 points better a match than the rider he was replacing. I'ts unlikely Wolves would have won the league this year without making that change.

Quite. The signing of Woffinden made all the difference. And the injury to Andersen.

• Like 1

Quite. The signing of Woffinden made all the difference. And the injury to Andersen.

Wasn't just Andersen, Brady,Tungate and Lindback all massive let downs. It isn't going to change the result. t the end of the day Woffy was signed legitimately and Wolves won. I don't think it made much difference personally.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 3