British Speedway Forum

Anderson is not the rider he was 10 years ago, when if had been handed a GP spot Crump may have had a silver medal more and a gold medal less. KK has always been inconsistent. He wont average 11+, in this watered down league.

What Wolves should have done is....

Lindgren - Best #1 in the league on his average 10.09

I don't give monkey poop which Harris or Nicholls, Brit who go well at Monmore - >9.3

Klindt, club asset but awful gating tart that will gate enough to make mockery of that average. Can start at reserve.

Clegg, 4.34 will dominate reserve heats at the Cycle Speedway track that is Monmore.

Two Birts done & dusted, a solid #1, #5. #6 & #7, CVS & Adams have f**** up massively

That's a little bit harsh I think, the way I understood it on Wednesday, all 3 of those have been spoken to about coming to Wolves but all 3 decided on moves elsewhere, Bomber and Nicholls to Rye House and Klindt to Poole. I really don't think you can blame CVS and PA for their personal choices

I am not sure Howarth is a good signing on his average

Hope we stick with Masters although it might make us weak at the bottom end of the team. Is Parkinson-Blackburn fixed up as a number 7 for an elite league club yet?

Howarth is the surprise for me. Is there potential for improvement there?

History tells us that fairly radical overhauls -- signing riders with potential to add to their averages -- is the way to go.

Wolves preach loyalty and that's to be admired. But is it, ultimately, the path to repeated success? Or to put it another way, are we content with the knowledge that the management get it right frequently enough to bring more titles than most and repeatedly employ riders to such an effect that they become identified as Monmore legendst -- PK Lindgren and so forth?

Or do we want to be Poole?

Discuss...

At first I would agree about Howarth but the problem is there are too many riders on inflated averages and they should have adapted everyone to an EL average and this would have given so many more bonuses for teams, riders and fans.

Had they have used EL riders and built to 38 then Holder may have stayed at Poole plus Doyle and Iversen wouldn't be on stupid averages.

Riders like Jack Holder and Kyle Howarth wouldn't be looked at as seven point riders who are not going to reach that level and would be seen and use a 5,13 average instead.

Also when a rider gets a new average like Freddie Lindgren gets a 8.73 average from his 10.09, then gets injured. Wolves wouldn't even be able to bring in Kylmakorpi as replacement as he is on a crazy 9.35

Had they have used EL averages and set a 38 limit then Wolves would be able to get Masters, Skornicki and Simon Lambert to complete the team and you wouldn't be expecting Howarth to get seven points or Sarjeant at Coventry getting six.

But you shouldn't expect howarth to average 7. The hope would be that he can achieve 85% of his average - so around 6.

I think he'll be closer to 5, which I guess reinforces what many gave said that he is not good value on that average. But not going to criticise wolves for showing loyalty.

I'd also add tnt that it hadn't been confirmed, as far as I know, what average new riders come in on after the points limit gets adjusted. I'd assume at that stage something like 1.25 is more appropriate, which would make joonas a sub 9 pointer.

That's a little bit harsh I think, the way I understood it on Wednesday, all 3 of those have been spoken to about coming to Wolves but all 3 decided on moves elsewhere, Bomber and Nicholls to Rye House and Klindt to Poole. I really don't think you can blame CVS and PA for their personal choices

Poole will probably be paying over the odds for Klindt, lets face it they'll dump him when/if he attains a silly average from being at reserve, that is what they do. If Wolves can't compete with Rye House for wages I'd be very surprised, that said I can see the attraction of Rye House for both riders it is a new challenge and new team in the division, especially with Harris's Coventry history. Nicholls less so, but he had less years at Brandon. Still think Wolves have mucked up badly.

Poole will probably be paying over the odds for Klindt, lets face it they'll dump him when/if he attains a silly average from being at reserve, that is what they do. If Wolves can't compete with Rye House for wages I'd be very surprised, that said I can see the attraction of Rye House for both riders it is a new challenge and new team in the division, especially with Harris's Coventry history. Nicholls less so, but he had less years at Brandon. Still think Wolves have mucked up badly.

Losing Klindt yes but Harris & Nicholls or Thorsell & Masters? As the latter are much younger and have a strong rapport with the club. They are both going places!

Edited by superguest
  • Like 3

Losing Klindt yes but Harris & Nicholls or Thorsell & Masters? As the latrer are much younger and have a strong rapport with the club. They are both going places!

I do not disagree that Throsell & Masters have more potential to improve. But if Wolves had signed Harris or Nicholls instead of Thorsell, you could have kept Masters and have not been forced to sign Howarth as a Brit, when Clegg was nailed on to be the other Birt,

I do not disagree that Throsell & Masters have more potential to improve. But if Wolves had signed Harris or Nicholls instead of Thorsell, you could have kept Masters and have not been forced to sign Howarth as a Brit, when Clegg was nailed on to be the other Birt,

wolves weren't forced to sign howarth as a 2nd brit. They may still go with two brits at reserve.

Howarth will do his job in this watered down league he as had a season now on the monmore track so should be dialed in ready to go.

Col, get over it, Wolves will sign Masters. If they don't they're daft, regarding both next season & the future.

• Like 2

wolves weren't forced to sign howarth as a 2nd brit. They may still go with two brits at reserve.

I doubt there will be a third Brit in the Wolves 1-7 this year

Howarth will do his job in this watered down league he as had a season now on the monmore track so should be dialed in ready to go.

Did have my doubts about Howarth returning on that average,but looking at his final six meetings at Monmore where he scored,....9,6,7,12,7,12..you can see the logic of him being included in the 2017 team plans.

Think its a much better guide to how he finished,rather than how he started.

Did have my doubts about Howarth returning on that average,but looking at his final six meetings at Monmore where he scored,....9,6,7,12,7,12..you can see the logic of him being included in the 2017 team plans.Think its a much better guide to how he finished,rather than how he started.

He also looked like he enjoyed it too.

Maybe he will be able to invest in his equipment this year having had a stable season. Either way, I am fully behind his signing.

• Like 1

Anderson is not the rider he was 10 years ago, when if had been handed a GP spot Crump may have had a silver medal more and a gold medal less. KK has always been inconsistent. He wont average 11+, in this watered down league.

What Wolves should have done is....

Lindgren - Best #1 in the league on his average 10.09

I don't give monkey poop which Harris or Nicholls, Brit who go well at Monmore - >9.3

Klindt, club asset but awful gating tart that will gate enough to make mockery of that average. Can start at reserve.

Clegg, 4.34 will dominate reserve heats at the Cycle Speedway track that is Monmore.

Two Birts done & dusted, a solid #1, #5. #6 & #7, CVS & Adams have f**** up massively

Obviously Hans isnt the rider he was and KK wont score an average of 11 i havent said any different but its clear KK will be one of the best heat leaders scoring maximums regularly at home.

There is no evidence that Poole paid over the odds for Klindt just he wanted to ride for them. He will earn a lot at reserve as he will get plenty of rides. If it means we let him go to get a better rider later in the season because his form has dipped then then most fans would not object to that.

Naive to think that he hasn't gone where the most money is though seeing as every club must have been after him. I'm sure he's not riding for Poole on less money than he could have got elsewhere.

• Like 3