British Speedway Forum

Hall's the key man in the team. He's had an awful couple of years but generally before that has been a solid second string in the second tier. If he can recapture that form he'll relegate Busch to reserve for the duration and the Bears will have a solid top five and decent enough reserves when compared to the other teams. It certainly looks competitive.

If they'd swapped the bottom three for their asset Rob Branford, Ben Morley (who doesn't look to have a place currently) and a two pointer then it would be a lot better side IMO.

Having watched Tobias this year he was a 'yes please' from the majority of Bears fans (far ahead of Branford, Morley etc.) Even with the 'easier' reserve rides I can't see Richard Hall relegating Tobias to a reserve berth. That's the gauntlet thrown down Richard - prove me wrong!

i had similar thoughts myself but then decided he was still a better signing than a Konopka Holub or Castagna.....

Wash your mouth out Mr. Taps!

Hall is useless and Perks struggled massively last year. Nothing wrong with the top 5 but the weakness at reserve levels the team out imo wich makes the team average.

I didn't say it was poor did I. Its just un balanced.

Not sure what people are going on about regarding weaker reserves. If you take a closer look then most teams are running two reserves that were active in the National League last year. Being an Eastbourne fan i'm familiar with those riders and Perks was excellent.

Better reserves than Newcastle & Ipswich & Perks is better than Tom Bacon at the Panthers!

Newcastle maybe but Ipswich reserves can't see it.

Having watched Tobias this year he was a 'yes please' from the majority of Bears fans (far ahead of Branford, Morley etc.) Even with the 'easier' reserve rides I can't see Richard Hall relegating Tobias to a reserve berth. That's the gauntlet thrown down Richard - prove me wrong!

I can't see how anyone would pick Busch over Branford who was averaging over six in the PL last year, two points more than Busch achieved, but each to their own.

I can't see how anyone would pick Busch over Branford who was averaging over six in the PL last year, two points more than Busch achieved, but each to their own.

You obviously haven't watched Busch. Brandford is near his max now IMO, but Busch, after a slowish start, has shown he can be a very good rider once he rides consistently.

• Like 1

Yes it's just personal opinion and believe me I'm not knocking Rob. Very pleased that he's finally reaping the rewards for all the hard work he's put in over the last few years. It's just that having seen most of his 35 matches round the STMP and Tobias' first 8 matches I would rather have Tobias in this years team.

• Like 1

You obviously haven't watched Busch. Brandford is near his max now IMO, but Busch, after a slowish start, has shown he can be a very good rider once he rides consistently.

Branford has made his biggest strides in the last season and is still young. Certainly nowhere near peaking yet IMO. I've seen Busch ride, considering he's nearly 30 I'd suggest if he's not riding consistently well by now he's going to struggle to do so going forward. From a team building point of view I'd want the rider that will add the most points to his average in 2017, for me that's Branford.

Yes it's just personal opinion and believe me I'm not knocking Rob. Very pleased that he's finally reaping the rewards for all the hard work he's put in over the last few years. It's just that having seen most of his 35 matches round the STMP and Tobias' first 8 matches I would rather have Tobias in this years team.

He's a different prospect now to when he was at Redcar before from what I've seen. Watching him then and comparing it to his showings last year for Rye House it would be hard to believe he is the same rider.

Hope the Bears have a good season, the team looks competitive, if the bottom end clicks it could be there or thereabouts for sure, the fans definitely deserve to see the side do well.

Branford was very impressive for Rye House at Peterborough towards the end of last season. His attitude is a lot better than it was a couple of years back, & I expect him to improve his average next season, especially if he ends up at Sheffield, as expected.

Branford had a very good season last year and is highly likely to improve his average, but that's made him very attractive and expensive. Maybe Redcar couldn't financially compete with the likes of Sheffield, especially when they have a rider in Busch who is on a similar average and became a fans favourite last year and is likely to add a point to his average anyway.

Branford had a very good season last year and is highly likely to improve his average, but that's made him very attractive and expensive. Maybe Redcar couldn't financially compete with the likes of Sheffield, especially when they have a rider in Busch who is on a similar average and became a fans favourite last year and is likely to add a point to his average anyway.

I think it's more likely that he took his ball home after the Bears dropped him a few years ago, similarly with Monarchs.

Dont believe there is any animosity on either side anymore. There may have been after Rob was initially dropped but plenty of water has flown under the bridge since I'd like to think.

Dont believe there is any animosity on either side anymore. There may have been after Rob was initially dropped but plenty of water has flown under the bridge since I'd like to think.

Does that include his dad?

• Like 1

Barker and Garrity have previous so that could be interesting.

Half decent side in my opinion and one that could possibly push for a play off place. Much better 1-7 than the last few seasons