British Speedway Forum

Well last night was the first meeting , what a difference in customer service etc, like a different place .

The track despite the rain held up, no blue line appearing at all instead of after 4 heats. Good crowd , will only get better if we get a few good results . Well done to Kevin Keay & his team ,

All the home riders did well apart from motor troubled Ben Barker .

Garrity was superb , he must not get iniured !!

The Bears are back. ,!

Typical! I move away and suddenly things are looking up! Delighted to hear the positive vibes though and I'm looking forward to coming back.

Ben Barker was pretty good last night , the Season gets underway on Sunday at Peterborough, if we can keep it to 10 then I think we can win through.

After a couple of seasons absence I returned last night to see the difference to the track, surroundings, and team that has been built by KK and his clan, and it was a pleasant surprise. The most important was the riders, who all looked as though they were enjoying the start to the season, and if they can keep this up will shock some of the doubting Thomas,s. All of the staff are now recognisable through the armbands they wear which was a help to the newcomers and their questions. I am now looking forward to supporting them once more. It was also a pleasure to speak to the White Knight (Ian) again on his return from the wilderness.

• Like 2

I hear that the White Knight attended last night , mainly to see Sunderland in action. Be interesting to here his observations on the New Redcar set up & team

I hear that the White Knight attended last night , mainly to see Sunderland in action. Be interesting to here his observations on the New Redcar set up & team

Just hope you didn't have a TR(double points) in the meeting

Just hope you didn't have a TR(double points) in the meeting

Unfortunately we did, my first thought was to wonder what TWK would think!

• Like 1

Firstly I would like to thank the Redcar Supporters for a great welcome. It was super to see so many old faces from years ago.

I was very impressed with the set up at Redcar, lots of improvements have been made to the whole place. The atmosphere last night was brilliant, people seemed much happier and expectations for the Team were at a high. Justifiably so in my opinion. I think Kevin has built a good strong side who could/should make the dreaded 'Play offs'.

Double Points was used in the Meeting, and because it was just a Challenge Match I kept my mouth firmly shut - just muttering to myself.

Suffice to say that I now have great optimism for Redcar Speedway - I think they have a safe pair of hands in Kevin Keay. He is very approachable and seems a genuinely nice bloke.

Finally - I would like to wish Redcar Speedway, the Management Team, the Riders and their Supporters the very best of luck for the future.

Once again - many thanks for everything - including the memories.

• Like 5

Great to see Ian (Aka TWK) last night after a few years absence (both for him and me), looking fit and well (if not a touch cold!)

Agree with the comments about the whole feel about Redcar Speedway at the moment , looking good both on and off the track.

Kevin Keay et al deserve a lot of credit for the work done so far. Took my 10 year old for the first time in ages and he had a great night.

Given a fair run with injuries this team will be competitve in most matches, home and away this season.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

So Coty Garcia in on a 28 day contract to replace Tobi, thoughts?

Had a couple of good meetings round Redcar last season if i remember rightly, could be a decent replacement.

Had a couple of good meetings round Redcar last season if i remember rightly, could be a decent replacement.

Coty is a very determined little trier who was very popular during his time at Berwick and will always give 100% effort. His bikes were always very standard and he couldn't afford better gear then although Glasgow would have helped him last year with bigger paypackets and he will be set up to go for it as a Bear, and Bandits will get a loan fee which is always handy.

Failed to score in the individual event a couple of weeks ago and struggled a couple of times last year too around Redcar after having one very decent meeting.

Hope he can recapture a bit of form.

Good to see Coty fixed up in the short term at least.

Let's hope both Coty & the Bears get a bit of luck

Coty is a very determined little trier who was very popular during his time at Berwick and will always give 100% effort. His bikes were always very standard and he couldn't afford better gear then although Glasgow would have helped him last year with bigger paypackets and he will be set up to go for it as a Bear, and Bandits will get a loan fee which is always handy.

Coty has top equipment now he struggled at the individual meeting mainly because he had only got off a plane a few days earlierand only ridden a bike once ( the week before he came back from argentina) dew to letting last years injury heal ,and his new bikes seat was way to low which did not feel right for him having just built it the night before don't think there will be a loan fee as pretty sure berwick don't own him any more and he invested every single penny he earned last year into equipment for this year

Edited by mac101

Failed to score in the individual event a couple of weeks ago and struggled a couple of times last year too around Redcar after having one very decent meeting.

Hope he can recapture a bit of form.

Guested for us in that cup draw meeting at your place. Started well but faded, and knacked Steve's bike in the process. Hmmm, but he did get some decent scores during the year as that's why he was asked to guest for us.